• 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic (resized).jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

...“Oh, it takes too long for this animation..”.

This has been cracking me up for a decade. "Ball slowing down kills my flow Bro!!!"

#102 1 year ago

The flow argument for GZ is so dumb.

Only difference is ball locks and mecha GZ magnet as far as flow, right? And how many times do you activate those features a game? I actually don't mind a little break before multiball or monster zero.

I've put 1500 games on my Prem and the mechs aren't getting old. In an average 10-15 min game my "flow" is interrupted a handful of times!

#103 1 year ago

The collapsing bridge directly interrupts flow too.

The building restricts flow. Whenever the building is in the position where the ramps divert back to the same side, you're limited to flowing only to that side, you can't shoot the two ramps back and forth if you need to feed the other flipper for something. I find that a noticeable drag, like you're playing Diner or Hurricane or something where you're just looping one ramp repeatedly.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The collapsing bridge directly interrupts flow too.
The building restricts flow. Whenever the building is in the position where the ramps divert back to the same side, you're limited to flowing only to that side, you can't shoot the two ramps back and forth if you need to feed the other flipper for something. I find that a noticeable drag, like you're playing Diner or Hurricane or something where you're just looping one ramp repeatedly.

Just hold up the flipper to jump to the other flipper, and hit opposite ramp

#105 1 year ago

Yeah it adds a lot of strategy. When to lower the building. When to start modes. Which modes to start. Big impact on jets, etc.

Bridge doesn't collapse very often at all. Not a flow killer, just a cool toy.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

+1 for premium all year. Plenty of flow on premium. “Oh, it takes too long for this animation..”. You are that important playing pinball you can’t wait 30s? It’s art, heathens.. Premium- all day, year, millennia..

Not hate’n, just state’n.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Gameplay is very similar. Rising building does little for gameplay imo. You do get extra mode super train on premium and physical ball lock. Bridge kind of cool when shakes but does nothing for gameplay. The one big thing I miss is the mechagodzilla mech. It's more interactive and does affect gameplay to where you notice. Pro still shots great and plays almost identical. Less to go wrong on pro as well. In the long run, premium might hold value better since that is what most people want. But man, $9000+ is a lot for a pin.

Thought I was a pro guy but got a premium earlier this year. Still hard to accept modern pin pricing but definitely worth it on a game like GZ. Building does change gameplay quite a bit once you understand code more and all the mechanical action is great at giving you visual clues as to what is going on. Super glad I got a premium and will be keeping it a long time.

#108 1 year ago

If any premium is worth it, I’d say it’s probably this game, however, the pro would be in the top 5 alone.

#109 1 year ago

Any Godzilla is better than no Godzilla. Get what you can find and afford.

#110 1 year ago

I’ve owned the Pro but had to sell it quick due to emergency home repairs . It’s a great game but I’ve played the premium recently and it’s definitely a better choice for a purchase . So Premium is the way to go

4 months later
#111 8 months ago

Had been curious about this. For anyone else that might stumble upon this thread:

Game Features MatrixGame Features Matrix

And a solid video:

#112 8 months ago

I've never understood the flow argument, it always seem like the last line of defense for a pro. At these prices flow is very much overrated. I want the ball to stop occasionally and interact with cool mechs and devices. A huge part of pinball is the world under glass that designers create using unique devices and mechs. Without them what the heck are we paying for? $7k for a pro is still a ton of money and there's not much there. $2k per ramp and orbit on the pro?

#113 8 months ago

Flow is very obviously lesser on GZ Premium compared to the Pro. The collapsing bridge directly interrupts flow by dumping the ball out away from the flippers. The building restricts flow - in the lock position, you're limited to flowing only back to that same side, it's annoying to safely get to the opposite flipper when you need to. The rotating spinner lane also adversely affects flow - the spinner shot isn't available half the time, and when it is, half the time the ball squirts out to the left wildly instead of dropping cleanly down the lane to the flippers.

If you want to pay an extra 2500 to have a much worse time controlling your pinballs, up to you.

As for "what are we paying for" - that's the cabinet, computer boards, all the flippers and kickers and other hardware, plus the software and its development, with all the art and audio assets and media footage.

If GZ Pro feels like it doesn't have enough playfield features - GZ's genius is how it makes multiple use of so many of them. The left spinner lane has separate purposes as a shot in both upward and downward directions. The building exit path is both a feed to the magna-grab and a shot in its own right. The mecha lane forms multiple shots, from the right spinner and directly from the upper flipper, and it's also the plunger lane. Even the left ramp entrance serves double purpose as creating a feed to the upper flipper on rollbacks. And the magna-grab is triple purpose - a direct shot target, holding for the loop shot, and the swinging drop into the left elbow for the imposter award.

If you think you're paying for the mechanicals, I think you have a simplistic shortsighted view. You're paying for what you get to do with them, and GZ both pro and premium packs more into that than any other game.

#114 8 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Flow is very obviously lesser on GZ Premium compared to the Pro. The collapsing bridge directly interrupts flow by dumping the ball out away from the flippers. The building restricts flow - in the lock position, you're limited to flowing only back to that same side, it's annoying to safely get to the opposite flipper when you need to. The rotating spinner lane also adversely affects flow - the spinner shot isn't available half the time, and when it is, half the time the ball squirts out to the left wildly instead of dropping cleanly down the lane to the flippers.
If you want to pay an extra 2500 to have a much worse time controlling your pinballs, up to you.
As for "what are we paying for" - that's the cabinet, computer boards, all the flippers and kickers and other hardware, plus the software and its development, with all the art and audio assets and media footage.
If GZ Pro feels like it doesn't have enough playfield features - GZ's genius is how it makes multiple use of so many of them. The left spinner lane has separate purposes as a shot in both upward and downward directions. The building exit path is both a feed to the magna-grab and a shot in its own right. The mecha lane forms multiple shots, from the right spinner and directly from the upper flipper, and it's also the plunger lane. Even the left ramp entrance serves double purpose as creating a feed to the upper flipper on rollbacks. And the magna-grab is triple purpose - a direct shot target, holding for the loop shot, and the swinging drop into the left elbow for the imposter award.
If you think you're paying for the mechanicals, I think you have a simplistic shortsighted view. You're paying for what you get to do with them, and GZ both pro and premium packs more into that than any other game.

“If you want to pay an extra 2500 to have a much worse time controlling your pinballs, up to you”. LOL, yeah ok.

#115 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

“If you want to pay an extra 2500 to have a much worse time controlling your pinballs, up to you

I think he just might be missing the point of pinball.

2 months later
#116 5 months ago

the Pro is a faster game, during the godzilla multiball phase the premium and LE slow the game down WAAAAAAAAAY to much with the dropping of the building!
Pro all the way!

#117 5 months ago
Quoted from mburec:

...Pro all the way!

Nope!

Just sold my Pro -- may get a Premium some day.
But if you like missing mechs and action that the game EXPLICITLY calls out w/no regard to the fact they are missing, Pro is the right choice!

#118 5 months ago

It’s a really great game regardless of the version. They are both fun in different ways, not always the case with stern but for GZ, I really like both pro and premium’s.

#119 5 months ago

I've been a Pro owner since owning AC/DC new in box way back in 2012. Saving money for pinball machines is slow for me, but owning the Pro model has allowed me to increase my collection faster over time.

I changed this tactic since owning Godzilla. Played the Pro on location and always walked away feeling empty. It just didn't grab me....had the opportunity to play the LE and loved all the additional physical toys. For this game, I enjoy those wow moments.

Was able to grab a low play secondhand Premium for $1500 more than a brand new Pro, so I was happy to own the Premium to experience that pinball magic.

Each to their own, though. You like what you like. Also own a Mando Premium and could definitely settle for the Pro. The mini playfield does nothing for me....and still on the fence when it comes time to get my next game, Foo Fighters.

1 month later
#120 4 months ago

Just thinking.

It’s still the premium.

#121 4 months ago

I think most pros are good enough compared to their premium counterpart. Godzilla is an exception

#122 4 months ago

Godilzilla is one of the few games I won't even bother playing if it's the pro.

The pro version of funhouse is way faster when Rudy's head is a piece of plastic. God, that intro where it goes in his mouth takes foreverrrrrr. Plus how the trap door on the premium slows down the game is stooooopid. Pro funhouse all the way.

#123 4 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

...The pro version of funhouse is way faster when Rudy's head is a piece of plastic. God, that intro where it goes in his mouth takes foreverrrrrr. Plus how the trap door on the premium slows down the game is stooooopid. Pro funhouse all the way.

THIS
(is great!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 210.00
9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Satellite Beach, FL
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-vs-premium-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.