(Topic ID: 202954)

Ghostbusters LE - How Low Will These Go?

By delt31

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vbittnv
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171111_143532(0) (resized).jpg
7CB8AD93-06FD-414D-B3C8-6D69CD1FFFE3 (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpeg
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
#52 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If the market is so big, why are prices coming down on LEs?
I guess I'm wondering what you would do different if you were a manufacturer.
I can see collectibles not being a problem only until people realize that it isn't worth more than they paid. Then your sales go down and your left with more overhead from a larger facility and more workers from the bubble.

600 LE for GOTG was way too many.

Should have been 400 maximum to have a chance of selling out.

So, manufacturers need to make an amount that will sell out, just like the old days...... of a few years ago!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just the opposite...

Yep... exactly.

Everyone is excited for all the options in the coming year but the end result I’m afraid will not be what most expect.

#54 6 years ago

Same thing happened in the sports card market after Upper Deck in the 90s

The first LEs were sought after. Highly. Some still are.

But they have bastardized the idea of what an LE really is

Kapow gets it. JJP finally put a number on a CE.

200. Look how fast they sold out at $12,500 if everybody sticks

I’m looking forward to the next boutique run

The Stern LE model is finished in its current state

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

600 LE for GOTG was way too many.
Should have been 400 maximum to have a chance of selling out.
So, manufacturers need to make an amount that will sell out, just like the old days...... of a few years ago!

They also need to make sure the LE is truly special. STLE is a perfect example of an LE done right. Consequently, they have held their value much better than most of the other LE's.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you are counting on the serious player to support buying Nibs then the fat lady is warming up her pipes
The collector and casual player drives Pinball

That's the environment of today for sure but I don't know that that's very sustainable.

Location pinball has been in steady decline for over a decade. It drove pinball for 50, 60 years. It helped manufacturers make design decisions. The things we as buyers lament like service rails or the lack of schematics are the things that operators used to demand. Is it a coincidence that QC is being called into question once pins start being marketed towards the home buyer?

These are just musings.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They also need to make sure the LE is truly special. STLE is a perfect example of an LE done right. Consequently, they have held their value much better than most of the other LE's.

YES

You can’t just take a premium, slap gold trim on it and call 1 of 600!

BM66LE has some nice differentiating features too along with a run of 240

#58 6 years ago

Limited editions should be very limited like JJP is doing.

Stern needs to find a way to get the premium machine and features to the pricepoint of a current pro and make it the new std machine and then still have a really special unique LE version that is truly limited in production.

#59 6 years ago

Agreed, LE’s need something truly special to stand out and retain value. But even STLE has taken a slight hit. There’s a really nice one on the market presently for $7500.

It’s all relative if you’ve been in the game for a while and don’t buy too many NIB. Sell low and buy low.

But man, what a great time to be somebody just getting into this mess of a hobby we all love so much! So many amazing choices in the used market... I know it’s not the early 2000’s, but compared to a couple years ago there’s some truly fantastic deals if you have the patience to hold out for them

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Because they've ruined the LE market with high production numbers, vaults and remakes and manufactures have taken nice features from the LE's... can't even get a shaker anymore. Most collectors are done with it already. They could have kept the LE model limited and special in some way. With no risk of a remake or vault. They could have produced pros and lesser models for operators. Its just like all hobbies... greed will always get you in the end!

This....

They really need to make the LE a truly limited thing. 250 tops.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I agree, but ST LE took a while to sell out and there was a time before the code was completed when people complained about ST LE (didn't like the art, unfinished code, too many made, not as good as SM black, etc) just like they complain about more recent LEs. Some ST LE sold for much less than they paid new in box. I once passed on a HUO ST LE for $6k - of course I regret not buying it now.

#62 6 years ago

Makes no matter mind to me because I am not selling,I remember waiting 4 months for my le and recieved it on July 24 2016 and have loved it even since ,new code will come next year

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stern needs to find a way to get the premium machine and features to the pricepoint of a current pro and make it the new std machine and then still have a really special unique LE version that is truly limited in production.

Say what?

It took a public outcry to finally get JJP to put a number on anything like the POTCCE. 200

Jack just can’t stand to leave a potential sale on the table

They don’t make a real LE.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wait, ins't JJP doing 1,000 "Limited" Editions? So the CE is really the LE and the JJP LE is most common model. Strange.

#65 6 years ago

I always get a chuckle when I see this badge on a vehicle.

th (resized).jpegth (resized).jpeg

#66 6 years ago

There are too many choices for a single title; Pro, Premium,LE, CE, SE, Red Edition, Smaug Edition. It's crazy. On a given title I woul like to see a basic pin and a real LE with low numbers. This will make it much simpler for the market to figure out and value. Then the LE pins will actually be limited and hold value.

#67 6 years ago

Friend ordered his POTCLE after expo just got his number which, I believe, was just over 1000. LE doesn't mean much as a collectible and seems to be assigned in no real sequence either.
I don't think he cared.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Limited editions should be very limited like JJP is doing

1000 LE green woz
1000 LE red woz
1000 LE bronze Hobbits
???? LE gold Hobbits
???? LE Black Hobbits
2500 (!!) LE Dialed In (according to IPDB)
???? LE POTC (JJP site doesn’t state the number!)

the only “limited edition” game JJP makes is the standard model.

rd

#69 6 years ago

If jjp sells all of the potc ce I guarantee there will be another Ce like woz and hobbit. Im still in on getting a standard potc2 if they get call outs and actual movie music. I have my purchase pencil ed in for 2019 when we know what the final sound package will be.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

If jjp sells all of the potc ce I guarantee there will be another Ce like woz and hobbit. Im still in on getting a standard potc2 if they get call outs and actual movie music. I have my purchase pencil ed in for 2019 when we know what the final sound package will be.

2019?lol

I think the 6th and final installment of the franchise is slated for 2019.

Maybe they will do a super special edition to include this in 2019.

Not

#71 6 years ago

I sold it to a pinsider but not on pinside. When he bought it it was ghosted and he bought it with the assumption that the palyfield may not be replaced. Hence, the low price, still a bargain at that.

Quoted from sepins:

You sell this on Pinside??? Have a neighbor that wants one and Yours was a smoking deal!!! Would have paid extra to get that one from You and sold Him mine!!!
Stern topper and Color DMD are $900 plus shipping!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I sold it to a pinsider but not on pinside. When he bought it it was ghosted and he bought it with the assumption that the palyfield may not be replaced. Hence, the low price, still a bargain at that.

That's an insane deal still. Pm me when you want to sell that met pro make a deal too ; )

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Because they've ruined the LE market with high production numbers

I think that Premium games are more rare the LE games.

#74 6 years ago

Any number over 500 isn’t really “Limited” in this hobby. It’s all just artificial collectibility. If you prefer the art package or an included feature that’s fine, but don’t buy it for the scarcity.

#75 6 years ago

Never! No ghosting or crap game play on the Met Pro

Quoted from delt31:

That's an insane deal still. Pm me when you want to sell that met pro make a deal too ; )

#76 6 years ago

Id say the low will be $6500, the average $6800-$7200, and a high of $7500 for a while on GBLE.
However, I expect the lower numbers to fall off and in a year or two $6900 will be the magic low number, but
nut much more on the upper end.
I have found after a period, it becomes a "want" so demand increases, and a few hundred dollars wont matter
for distance/shipping, and happy buyers buying first HUO buyers games will be in demand.
The cycle is repeated and has been, for many years with minor changes for "good games" vs, "Great games"

The limited only matters in relation to demand. 10,000 or 100, both can have a demand that makes the prices feel
like "Limited"

#77 6 years ago

How many runs of GoT Premium do you think stern made? By the looks of this there was 260 made in the first run. I never heard of a second run on the line. With 400 LE made and a shit ton of Pro made. There’s nothing limited with that many LE’s made, and there’s nothing special about the Pro model. Where should a collector spend their money if they are looking for a low production game? Maybe Spooky has production numbers figured out with their small runs I could see those games difficult to find second hand.

7CB8AD93-06FD-414D-B3C8-6D69CD1FFFE3 (resized).jpeg7CB8AD93-06FD-414D-B3C8-6D69CD1FFFE3 (resized).jpeg

#78 6 years ago

There’s an HUO GB premium on pinballbash.com for 6K right now. I am more drawn to these GOT premiums in the low 5Ks.

#79 6 years ago

I wish they'd just piss the LE model off. Just have a full featured Collectors Edition with everything, a premium with the same gameplay but not trim, and Pro. Personally I want best model, as on an LE, but im not willing anymore to jump in sight unseen, 12 months before code is finished, to get it. If I could buy a "collectors edition" in 12 months after playing it and code is done, I would. I would even pay the same price as an LE.

Plus, LE's are really only important if you are a large collector who rarely moves games. I usually keep my games for 2 years max. So having a "limited" game makes no sense.

#80 6 years ago

I think the new code is really going to make or break this game. Although I feel the layout is limiting inherently, the game can really be improved with code still and if it does, the price will go back up.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think the new code is really going to make or break this game. Although I feel the layout is limiting inherently, the game can really be improved with code still and if it does, the price will go back up.

Code could make a big difference, but they'd have to make some fairly substantial changes IMO, which I doubt they will.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't see this game recovering. The damage has already been done.

It will be reminiscent of what happened to XMLE or Hobbit. A mint XMLE is only a 5K game on a good day.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It will be reminiscent of what happened to XMLE or Hobbit. A mint XMLE is only a 5K game on a good day.

I can see that b/c the game's layout again is so limiting but everything about it is so good otherwise, code update can only help it.

#84 6 years ago

These things fluctuate all the time.This same convo happened with STLE. I bought an HUO one from a pinside for $5700. Still have it. It’s the same cycle...games come out, they drop in price, then settle if they are good games. The same will happen here. It’s a buyers market right now but it may not be forever.

#85 6 years ago

Gotta say it. BM66 and Lyman is going to be the MAJOR hit of 2018.

At .81 this pin is becoming F ing awesome!

When its finished by year end it will confirm what i already know, "IN LYMAN I TRUST"

And Keith for that matter.

These guys are in a whole F ing different league than everybody else, period end of story.

Holy shit Batman, it might be better than TWD.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Will never be even close to that POS layout of Xmen or TH.

It's gorgeous artwork and so much great stuff going on versus those two dogs.

That said, they are ALL going down in price.

I'd buy an XMENLE if i needed firewood for the winter and was desperate.

#87 6 years ago

It looks to me like the pinball prices are compressing into a tighter range. The LE high end pins are coming down in price and the mid-range games like Funhouse, Congo, Creech and White Water etc. and other are moving up quickly into the $5,000 range. Do others see this happening?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Will never be even close to that POS layout of Xmen or TH.
It's gorgeous artwork and so much great stuff going on versus those two dogs.
That said, they are ALL going down in price.
I'd buy an XMENLE if i needed firewood for the winter and was desperate.

I had 10! Offers for GB in the first 10 minutes of offering my tron up for trade. That speaks volumes.... needless to say, it was comical how many wanted to dump it...

As far as shooting, I wouldn't trade my great shooting xmen le for a GB with $5K jammed in the coinbox, GB sadly couldn't shoot worse if it tried! That's why they are tanking... some of the most amazing art wasted on piss poor play and terrible code.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

As far as shooting, I wouldn't trade my great shooting xmen le for a GB with $5K jammed in the coinbox, GB sadly couldn't shoot worse if it tried! That's why they are tanking... some of the most amazing art wasted on piss poor play and terrible code.

WTF! Worst layout EVER by Borg, the entire left side of the PF is shit. Taken up by the ridiculous oversized Wolvie head.

Good thing for you, NOBODY wants that pos Xmen

Tron sucks too btw.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

As far as shooting, I wouldn't trade my great shooting xmen le for a GB with $5K jammed in the coinbox

Haha! You tell him champ!

Quoted from iceman44:

WTF! Worst layout EVER by Borg, the entire left side of the PF is shit. Taken up by the ridiculous oversized Wolvie head.
Tron sucks too btw

Now I know you’ve lost the plot! Have another drink (or 10).

rd

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tron sucks too btw.

so a little over the top but never been a fan of xmen. Tron sucks though. what in the f____

#92 6 years ago

Trudeau stigma stinks this title up too...I'm sure that will fade in time, but it's fresh now.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haha! You tell him champ!

Now I know you’ve lost the plot! Have another drink (or 10).
rd

Haha, I don't need another beer to confirm what the crapola that is Xmen Rd!

Yes Delt, Tron blows too, BUT its 100x better than Crapmen.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

IF they do. I "guarantee" you there will be a class action suit lined up at the jump.

It's called "promissory estoppel" and if they try and pull that BS it will get UGLY.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta say it. BM66 and Lyman is going to be the MAJOR hit of 2018.
At .81 this pin is becoming F ing awesome!
When its finished by year end it will confirm what i already know, "IN LYMAN I TRUST"
And Keith for that matter.
These guys are in a whole F ing different league than everybody else, period end of story.
Holy shit Batman, it might be better than TWD.

I'm with u Ice. It's the only thing im playing at the moment.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm with u Ice. It's the only thing im playing at the moment.

Simply amazing.

It's Lyman. So much better than everything else out there. Along with Keefer too.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF they do. I "guarantee" you there will be a class action suit lined up at the jump.
It's called "promissory estoppel" and if they try and pull that BS it will get UGLY.

The folks who file that class action suit should be stoned with pinballs.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sorry for you guys who were looking at pins as an investment.

Oh no! My retirement was resting on these pins!

#99 6 years ago

This is not a GBLE issue.

Market right sizing with to many pins available, to many vaults and remakes, to many new titles, and wait those ridiculously high prices on LEs and Collectors editions.

Also, when there is not a big difference between premium and LE on Sterns this hurts too.

I was looking at ACDC LTBR or BIBL; however when you can get Vault with a shaker total NIB for 6800; I feel bad for those guys listing at 10-12k.

On the FLIP side it is a great time to buy and get into pinball.

The future...New titles will lose value because not to many people in the “buy used” market will be able to pay more let alone pay same price as NIB. Older modern games will creep up slowly and you might make a small buck. The market forces are driving this on both ends. Of course, this is for the vast majority of games; there will be exceptions on both ends.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The folks who file that class action suit should be stoned with pinballs.

Is this a Stern hater comment again Mike or what?

JJP lovefest? I don't get it. All you seem to do is complain about Stern.

The comment was IF Jack tries to flood some more sales of POTCCE AFTER he's extracted $12,500 from me and others he will get a letter in the mail.

It won't be throwing pinballs, trust me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Belle River, ON
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-how-low-will-these-go/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.