Head (resized).jpg
Cab Side (resized).jpg
Playfield 4 (resized).jpg
Playfield 3 (resized).jpg
Playfield 2 (resized).jpg
Head (resized).jpg
Cab Side (resized).jpg
Cab side 2 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Monte Carlo

Added: 2017-05-16 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (June 28th, 2017) • Ended: July 24th, 2017
Condition: Functional - needs major work

Price

$ 500 (OBO)

Open for offers

This ad is for a mistake I made purchasing off the Offerup app sight unseen. Its a piece of work. Electrical hacks a plenty. Doesnt boot, blows fuses. This is a project to say the least.

The best part is probably the playfield, and the cab isnt bad either.

Come see it, make an offer, whatever. Im $750 into it Im embarrassed to say. I would like to get $500 out of it so I dont have to take a huge loss. This is a perfect project for some one. It shouldnt take too much to get it going. Right now the machine is at Midwest Pinball in Chicago if you want to go see it in person.

Item photos

IMG_3729 (resized).PNG
IMG_3721 (resized).JPG
IMG_3720 (resized).JPG
IMG_3722 (resized).JPG
IMG_3723 (resized).JPG
IMG_3725 (resized).JPG
IMG_3724 (resized).JPG
IMG_3726 (resized).JPG
IMG_3728 (resized).JPG
IMG_3727 (resized).JPG
IMG_3731 (resized).PNG
IMG_3730 (resized).PNG
Cab Side (resized).jpg
Head (resized).jpg
Playfield 2 (resized).jpg
Playfield 3 (resized).jpg
Playfield 4 (resized).jpg
Boards (resized).jpg
Cab Front (resized).jpg
Cab side 2 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Chitownpinball's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Chitownpinball's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Chicago, IL, US

#2 7 years ago

Morning bump.

#3 6 years ago

Afternoon bump. Make me an offer!

#4 6 years ago

Price drop.

#5 6 years ago

From what I can tell, some of the extra wiring appears to be grounding mods, from the way they are screwed to the transformer panel.

Honestly, from the photos, it doesn't look that bad.

If the cement resistor attached to the bridge is screwed down directly to the metal of the transformer panel, that could be one problem right there. It needs to be screwed down to a plastic post, or it will create a short with the transformer panel and blow fuses.

If you can re-do some of the custom wiring, check things against the schematics, get a known good MPU in there (or repair the original), replace the screw-in bulb socket fixture with a florescent fixture, and I think it could live again.

#6 6 years ago

Tempting

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From what I can tell, some of the extra wiring appears to be grounding mods, from the way they are screwed to the transformer panel.
Honestly, from the photos, it doesn't look that bad.
If the cement resistor attached to the bridge is screwed down directly to the metal of the transformer panel, that could be one problem right there. It needs to be screwed down to a plastic post, or it will create a short with the transformer panel and blow fuses.
If you can re-do some of the custom wiring, check things against the schematics, get a known good MPU in there (or repair the original), replace the screw-in bulb socket fixture with a florescent fixture, and I think it could live again.

Im working on better playfield pics. Its currently in Chicago at Midwest pinball if any one wants to hit up rich to check it out.

#8 6 years ago

I wish you were closer to Pittsburgh ... I'm looking for a project one of these.

I wouldn't give up on it just yet though .... it's not as hacked as you think. Do what ForceFlow said ... I also suspect that its nowhere near as bad as you might think!

#9 6 years ago

I owned one of these machines before. They're just as much fun when it's turned off as it was turned on. I was only able to get $700 for mine, fully functional.

#10 6 years ago

It looks like the spanish version, yes?

I don't know off hand, but if you take the time to go through any wiring etc, make sure the U.S. made and the Spain made units are all the same wiring etc. They very well may be...or not. I am honestly unsure; just thought of it when I saw the Vifico name on it.

Usual prob lately for me, don't have funds when needed, or I would have made offer; would have made a nice project.

GLWTS

#11 6 years ago

Hot off the press. Cab and playfield dont look too bad other than the front of the cab. I guess maybe this is a re-import?

Boards (resized).jpgBoards (resized).jpg

Cab Front (resized).jpgCab Front (resized).jpg

Cab side 2 (resized).jpgCab side 2 (resized).jpg

Cab Side (resized).jpgCab Side (resized).jpg

Head (resized).jpgHead (resized).jpg

Playfield 2 (resized).jpgPlayfield 2 (resized).jpg

Playfield 3 (resized).jpgPlayfield 3 (resized).jpg

Playfield 4 (resized).jpgPlayfield 4 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

That really doesn't look that bad. Seems like a fair price for a light/med project in this day and age.

#13 6 years ago

Should I raise it back up to $750? Lol, jk.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Should I raise it back up to $750? Lol, jk.

Ha! You probably should... That way people could still continue to complain that pinball is too expensive

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ha! You probably should... That way people could still continue to complain that pinball is too expensive

$500, $500, do I hear $500? Im at $350. Would really like to not take a $400 loss. Its just going to another nicer MC. This is a machine for a family member ultimately.

If I had the time to do this work, I would try. I work too much to have projects. I like playing when im home and able.

This is a good start for some one.

#16 6 years ago

Hot off the press. Cab and playfield dont look too bad other than the front of the cab. I guess maybe this is a re-import?

It's not a re-import.

Vifico machines were originally built in Spain.

For a period of time, Gottlieb had machines built in Spain to supply the European market. Some of the parts on Vifico machines are less quality than your typical Gottlieb components.

I had 2 GoldWings at the same time once. One was a Vifico, the other was a Gottleib The Gottleib version was definitely built w/ better components.

#17 6 years ago
#18 6 years ago

Well thanks for that lol. Informational.

#19 6 years ago

I'm interested but my problem is I don't know when I would be able to make a trip down to Illinois.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

I'm interested but my problem is I don't know when I would be able to make a trip down to Illinois.

Pm sent

#21 6 years ago

you have the topper?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

you have the topper?

I do not sir.

#23 6 years ago

PM sent

#24 6 years ago

Bm sent

#25 6 years ago

Nasty (resized).pngNasty (resized).png

1 week later
#28 6 years ago

Got offered $250 just for the translite. So this is worth at least $500, right?

Come on...some one wants this for $500....

#29 6 years ago

Bump

$500, $500, do I hear $500? Im at $350. Would really like to not take a $400 loss. Its just going to another nicer MC. This is a machine for a family member ultimately.
If I had the time to do this work, I would try. I work too much to have projects. I like playing when im home and able.
This is a good start for some one.

#30 6 years ago

Got offered $250 just for the translite. So this is worth at least $500, right?
Come on...some one wants this for $500....

Sell the translite, print out a cheeseball replacement and sell the game w/replacement for 250... mission accomplished.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sell the translite, print out a cheeseball replacement and sell the game w/replacement for 250... mission accomplished.

He found another. Hopefully for less than $250, haha.

#32 6 years ago

I would be all over this game if the layout weren't so similar to Robo-War. To me this is a nice poor mans RW. GLWS!

1 week later
#35 6 years ago

Curious... is this sold yet?

#36 6 years ago

This hasnt sold yet?? Hmmmm............

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

This hasnt sold yet?? Hmmmm............

Im at $400. Holding out for $500....

#38 6 years ago

Is the game not at your house currently? Would be awesome if I could pop over to check it out.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Is the game not at your house currently? Would be awesome if I could pop over to check it out.

No, its at Midwest Pinball in Chicago.

#40 6 years ago

Next week may be time to let this go. Any last minute offers?

#41 6 years ago

Man I wish I was much closer to you, I would snap this up in a second. I just finished fixing one for someone and it's a surprisingly fun game! GLWS!

#42 6 years ago

Next week may be time to let this go. Any last minute offers?

You should have my offer on file!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You should have my offer on file!

Yep, the lowest of all the offers, lol.

#44 6 years ago

Do you know if the displays are good?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Do you know if the displays are good?

I do not. They (midwest pinball) only tried to fire it up once, which is when it blew the fuses they put in.

#46 6 years ago

I'll out bid him by 5 dollars.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I'll out bid him by 5 dollars.

Your offer was higher than his already. This is turning into ebay, ha.

I just want to minimize the damage guys, nothing more. $500 is my target. The best offer I have is $400. Next week may be time to let this go. Taking final offers.

#48 6 years ago

401 (resized).jpg401 (resized).jpg

#49 6 years ago

LOL you have no idea how funny this really is. My wife and I have a standing date every night at 9pm to watch a recorded episode of PIR before we go to bed. Im a champ!

#50 6 years ago

By 50 bucks, oh boy, drag me through the mud on that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monte-carlo-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.