(Topic ID: 136745)

The Walking Dead , Fear TWD, NO Comic Book Spoilers! Show Discussion......

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,412 posts
  • 173 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by miracleman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corey-hawkins-as-heath-the-walking-dead (resized).jpg
wall falls 2 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
TVSHOWS (resized).png
CD0ACFA4-F349-43D7-9B87-291D2CCCBF10 (resized).jpeg
DTS19NHX0AAC6Ii (resized).png
vlcsnap-2018-10-08-00h10m09s275 (resized).png
IMG_3933 (resized).jpeg
54E1E698-185E-46FC-ABF4-97939B92A8E7 (resized).jpeg
the-walking-dead-s9-poster (resized).jpg
901782DC-EAD0-4BB1-A655-281B315D1F98 (resized).jpeg
remote (resized).jpg
Kim-Dickens-as-Joanie-Stubbs-in-Deadwood-Season-2 (resized).jpg
There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 49.
#1601 6 years ago

So it was Negan and a room full of top generals who stepped into that balcony and could have all easily have been shot? Only makes that whole scene from earlier in the season even stupider. I could easily hit someone at that distance from the hip with an AR15 let alone taking aim like they all could have.

#1602 6 years ago

Any episode without Ezekiel is aces in my book.

I know it’s not popular but I still say Gregory is a great character he’s not a tough guy but he can scheme and backstab with the best of them. He’s a lot more interesting than the trash people.

#1603 6 years ago

I agree. Ezekiel did not have a strong enough back story to accept his character as we saw, IMHO.
Gregory has such a diverse personality, I would hope they develop him into more prominent story.
Not much Carl this year, thats OK.
But Negan has become a one of a kind. I dont know if I want his character dead, or to be held in unknown status.

Sure would love if they did that with the Governor....Him and Negan would have been a nice battle of Evils.

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But Negan has become a one of a kind. I dont know if I want his character dead.

Absolutely... The show would be dull without him at the present. IMO he rescued the season last episode.
Admittedly he has a fascination with male genitals.... but that's his style.

Everyone got their pants yet?
http://tinyurl.com/yauouszr

#1605 6 years ago

Best part was Rosita and the RPG. KABOOM.

#1606 6 years ago

Morgan is crossing over to fear... Hopefully he will make that show better.

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Morgan is crossing over to fear... Hopefully he will make that show better.

FTWD.....needs a whole new cast.....so now Rick is a prisoner?

#1608 6 years ago

Sometimes I wish we were still at the barn.

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

.....so now Rick is a prisoner?

Cause he "talks too much". Yes, he does.

#1610 6 years ago

I don't know why I'm even watching TWD anymore. This is like 3 episodes worth of content stretched into a whole season.

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any episode without Ezekiel is aces in my book.

As soon as he came on the screen last night I fast forwarded until he was gone. I'm done with him and hoping they wrap the entire series up soon. Unfortunately they will probably not ever have any closure as to what happened or if there is a cure or something. We will probably have to wait until FTWD comes to an end in five years to have any closure if then.

#1612 6 years ago

So what was everyone's favorite season here?

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So what was everyone's favorite season here?

Season 1-2 basically.

#1614 6 years ago

Like anything it started strong then starts to lose it.

Here is my summary of the seasons.

1 - Great overall but I thought the CDC ending was a bit weak.

2 - Farm was good. Search for Sophia a bit dragged out with Daryl's search until you saw why they did this in the end. Also strong because you saw the loss of major characters like Shane and Dale so you know the show could go anywhere.

3 - Prison / Governor was pretty good. Coral killing his mom was strong but Rick losing his mind that bad and getting trusted again is weak. We get Michone in the beginning and lose Andrea in the end (good trade).

4 - Prison - Flu / Governor gets a tank / Welcome to Terminus - Eh. This whole season seemed more for character development with the small separated groups. But look at the flowers Lizzy was extremely memorable and showed us how hard Carol could be.

5 - Terminus, Gabriel, Corrupt Hospital, Alexandria - Eh, sliding quick. Terminus never seemed developed before it was over. Gabriel's church, eh. Hospital was not a great thread (and we lost Beth), the Alexandria with unstable Rick killing the guy as Morgan appeared seemed forced.

6 - Alexandria / Wolves and Hilltop / Savior Outpost - Bit better and getting promising. We didn't know where this was heading.

7 - Meet Negan bashing heads started strong, but by the time we got to Ezekial and the Kingdom it was going down again.

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Nice summary. I pretty much agree with all of it.

#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Like anything it started strong then starts to lose it.
1 - Great overall but I thought the CDC ending was a bit weak.
2 - Farm was good. Search for Sophia a bit dragged out with Daryl's search until you saw why they did this in the end. Also strong because you saw the loss of major characters like Shane and Dale so you know the show could go anywhere.
3 - Prison / Governor was pretty good. Coral killing his mom was strong but Rick losing his mind that bad and getting trusted again is weak. We get Michone in the beginning and lose Andrea in the end (good trade).
4 - Prison - Flu / Governor gets a tank / Welcome to Terminus - Eh. This whole season seemed more for character development with the small separated groups. But look at the flowers Lizzy was extremely memorable and showed us how hard Carol could be.
5 - Terminus, Gabriel, Corrupt Hospital, Alexandria - Eh, sliding quick. Terminus never seemed developed before it was over. Gabriel's church, eh. Hospital was not a great thread (and we lost Beth), the Alexandria with unstable Rick killing the guy as Morgan appeared seemed forced.
6 - Alexandria / Wolves and Hilltop / Savior Outpost - Bit better and getting promising. We didn't know where this was heading.
7 - Meet Negan bashing heads started strong, but by the time we got to Ezekial and the Kingdom it was going down again.

I think Season 4 was my favorite. I like how they did a background story on The Governor rising to power again. I thought it was really cool when he rolled up on the prison with a tank. "I have a tank Rick...whats left to discuss?"

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know why I'm even watching TWD anymore. This is like 3 episodes worth of content stretched into a whole season.

And a years worth of commercials.

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think Season 4 was my favorite. I like how they did a background story on The Governor rising to power again. I thought it was really cool when he rolled up on the prison with a tank. "I have a tank Rick...whats left to discuss?"

Season 4 had 16 episodes. 5 were devoted to the flu hitting the prison. 3 to the Governor and 8 to the smaller groups before heading to terminus.

So only 3 Episodes had (what I felt was) and iffy governor's rise to power again. He comes to a group of mostly good people, takes over and convinces them to go kill a bunch of others? While nowhere near the worst of some of the story arcs it was more a way to get them out of the prison.

Then after the prison is destroyed, Governor and Hershel dead it was a bunch of 8 weekly smaller stories.
Coral, Michonne and Rick walk on train tracks,
Daryl & Beth get drunk and burn a cabin,
Carol shoots Lizzy,
Maggie misses Glen and walks on train tracks,
Glen Misses Maggie as he walks on train tracks,
Rick bites a guys throat out so let's all go to terminus and get some real food. End Season.

Half of the season were those fractured stories. Some pretty good. But having 6 cliff hangers at the same time is annoying.

#1619 6 years ago

IMO Terminus was rushed through too quickly and Negan is being drawn out too long with un-interesting sub groups like trash dump and beach women compound.

I love Negan I wish the show would have done a whole season of him becoming Negan such as starting with or before the outbreak, that would be great.

#1620 6 years ago

I just don't understand where all this ammo is coming from. Isn't this the same world where everyone was in complete awe because Eugene had figured out how to make a single bullet?

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just don't understand where all this ammo is coming from. Isn't this the same world where everyone was in complete awe because Eugene had figured out how to make a single bullet?

It would be better if the battles were more cave man (crossbow, ax, Molotov Cocktail and a few bullets here and there)

#1622 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It would be better if the battles were more cave man (crossbow, ax, Molotov Cocktail and a few bullets here and there)

Really good point. And I agree. It would probably also require more clever/nuanced writing.

#1623 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Really good point. And I agree. It would probably also require more clever/nuanced writing.

Plus it would make the baseball catchers chest pads more important, as it is now it’s just pointless.

#1624 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

GornCannon (resized).pngGornCannon (resized).png

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I love Negan I wish the show would have done a whole season of him becoming Negan such as starting with or before the outbreak, that would be great.

That would have made for a good spinoff... The story of Negan at an accelerated pace (instead of FTWD), then both series collide into that first meeting with Negan.

I really agree that the use of guns is just overblown. I think it was in S2 when they showed the shots (ending with the one to kill Shane) drawing in walkers from all over. Now they're drawn to gun fire when convenient, but otherwise it doesn't cause too much trouble. The writers have taken way too many liberties. I'm patient, but not infinitely so.

#1626 6 years ago

why can’t the sanctuary clear the yard like Rick’s group did with the prison? It doesn’t seem like a Mega hoard like from the quarry.

#1627 6 years ago

So the gargage people make cool wire craft sculptures while nude in a junkyard during apocalypse. Hope they are up to date on tetanus shots!

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

why can’t the sanctuary clear the yard like Rick’s group did with the prison? It doesn’t seem like a Mega hoard like from the quarry.

Snipers

#1629 6 years ago

Here's to hoping they turn it into a 20+ year running Zombie Soap Opera that runs during the noon to 1pm time slot on NBC with advertisements for personal injury lawyers and prescription medications with warning lists that run longer than the commercial itself.

#1630 6 years ago

Disillusioned with Rick's gang. I'm Neegan.

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg

#1632 6 years ago

NO COMIC BOOK TALK. Read the title of the thread. We've had this argument too many times.

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

NO COMIC BOOK TALK. Read the title of the thread. We've had this argument too many times.

Not sure what underlord wrote, but people can still mention the comic book, just not share spoilers.

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure what underlord wrote, but people can still mention the comic book, just not share spoilers.

It was a spoiler. It was worded as a spoiler. And just to remind people that there are moderators who have been in this thread to discuss the show and give warnings about the comic discussions here are a couple of posts given after interventions.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Moderator's comment:
The title of this thread should be clear: No comic book spoilers.
If you want to discuss what happens in the comics, discuss that in another thread. If you have to contribute a "coded message" to get around "no comic book spoilers", it doesn't belong here because it is a spoiler.
Please be respectful of the others in this thread who would prefer not to read comic book spoilers.

Quoted from Xerico:

Gweempose and I discussed this situation.
Here's the ruling.
It's all about context. Don't be a jerk and ruin the TV show for others. While we know that the show does not follow the exact same path as the comics, we also know that the show will pay homage and replicate scenes from the comics. So tread lightly when discussing the comics. If in doubt if it will spoil something that has not yet happened on the show, then simply do not mention it.
If you make a post about the comic book that includes spoilers, your post will be deleted and you will be ejected for 24 hours.
Repeat the spoiling, and you will be permanently ejected.
If you make a post about the comic book and it is not a spoiler, your post will be allowed.
Saying, "Character X was really Character Y in the comics" is an example of a comic related discussion that will be allowed.
Saying, "Character X is still alive on the TV show, even though Character X died much earlier in the comics" is acceptable.
Saying, "Character X is still alive on the TV Show, but Negan kills them soon" is not acceptable and is considered a spoiler and will get you ejected from the thread.
If you want to discuss the comics and potential spoilers, then go to the other thread.
If comic discussions lead to more problems than discussion, then we will ban all comic discussion from this thread. But right now, we are not yet ready to ban all comic discussion.
If you have thoughts and opinions on this ruling, open a moderator feedback.
Marcus

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It was a spoiler. It was worded as a spoiler. And just to remind people that there are moderators who have been in this thread to discuss the show and give warnings about the comic discussions here are a couple of posts given after interventions.

Cool, I'll bump the other thread, so people have a place to post and don't mistakenly add spoilers to this one.

#1636 6 years ago

No spoilers mentioned Taxman. I mentioned a passing conversation Rick had with Carl in the show after Carl lost his eye.

#1637 6 years ago

Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Now, I have no idea why all the walkers were dead, that Rick saw at the end....any ideas?

#1638 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Now, I have no idea why all the walkers were dead, that Rick saw at the end....any ideas?

Don’t make sense unless they all went inside the building?

The show is getting more far fetched as it goes along especially Rick and the trash lady.

I don’t know why Dwight doesn’t just kill Eugene (aside from the show needs Eugene) but if my life depended on Eugene not telling Negan I would kill Eugene.

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know why Dwight doesn’t just kill Eugene (aside from the show needs Eugene) but if my life depended on Eugene not telling Negan I would kill Eugene.

He should have just pushed Eugene over the edge into the walkers when he was flying his plane. Done.

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t know why Dwight doesn’t just kill Eugene ...

I think it's because, despite what he may have done in the past, Dwight is actually a good person.

#1641 6 years ago

I did like Eugene’s speach to Gabriel, and think he’ll have some sort of redemption before it’s all over.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I did like Eugene’s speach to Gabriel, and think he’ll have some sort of redemption before it’s all over.

Yeah, that definitely seemed to be setting the stage for a heroic end for Eugene.

Quoted from gweempose:

I think it's because, despite what he may have done in the past, Dwight is actually a good person.

Agreed. Remember, they showed the motive of his actions to be the survival of his wife (and himself).

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kind of looked like they drove something out the door to the left of where Daryl drove the truck into the building.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Kind of looked like they drove something out the door to the left of where Daryl drove the truck into the building.

Probably a Zamboni.

#1645 6 years ago

Rick is gonna be seriously pissed off at Daryl for screwing up his plan!

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think Eugene's desperation was well played. He conned Abraham for protection until his story fell apart, now after being captured he's ready to throw out Rick 'et al' as only "traveling companions", and his panties are now in a wad as the Sanctuary is falling down. His mind is reeling to decide where to turn to now for safety. Left alone, he's pretty helpless.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

.. His mind is reeling to decide where to turn to now for safety. Left alone, he's pretty helpless.

Maybe he turns to the garbage Pail Kids. Next week Eugene sits naked making wire sculptures of Elvis.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think it's cause Dwight wants to live. Yes, he's not completely cold blooded.
Like taking Daryl's bike for he and his wife. He spared Daryl's life. (but still took the bike for himself)
But he sure put a bolt into Denise's head....

yeah (resized).pngyeah (resized).png

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

As crazy as this has been, maybe Eugene's plane survived and arose to draw the dead away after all...

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The show is getting more far fetched

I don't have a problem with the far "fetchedness"--it's about zombies after all! I hate what I call the "Three's Company" story lines. Where something just has to go wrong in some whacky way every time. A comedy of errors.

Just let them kill Negan and move the story along. An entire season of the "war" is too much.

There are 2,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fear-the-walking-dead-starts-tonight/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.