image (resized).jpeg
8 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
12 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
DSC00334 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.
#901 6 years ago

Those are slingshot mylars to put in front of the slingshots if so desired......

#902 6 years ago

D'oh. Sorry. I didn't even see those in his pic..!

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If I can drive from VA u can drive from MD. Take off work Friday and go get that pin.

If it were that easy i wld of did it lol.....

#904 6 years ago

Did anyone remove the foam block from the back of the playfield like Jack is doing in the unboxing video (see picture)? I am not sure if you have to or not.

Foam (resized).pngFoam (resized).png

#905 6 years ago

Truck delays , but my DI LE is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow!

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Did anyone remove the foam block from the back of the playfield like Jack is doing in the unboxing video (see picture)? I am not sure if you have to or not.

I did.

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Remove it. It's to protect the playfield hangers during shipping so the playfield doesn't bounce back when the game in on end and bend the playfield hangers into the lockdown bar.

LTG : )

#908 6 years ago

Sorry it took me so long to post the pictures of the chipping around my Sim Card hole. I've been working a proposal so not much pinball, sleep, or anything else. I haven't heard anything back from JJP yet on the ticket I submitted. You can see in the picture that the edges of the chip are pretty ragged so I'm concerned it will continue to chip unless it's either sealed or protected. I was hoping to hear back from JJP before doing anything.

IMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1920 (resized).JPG

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Has anyone used the two "plastic" protector/sticker pieces, the half circle ones? If so, where did you put them?

Slingshot mylars optional.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Sorry it took me so long to post the pictures of the chipping around my Sim Card hole. I've been working a proposal so not much pinball, sleep, or anything else. I haven't heard anything back from JJP yet on the ticket I submitted. You can see in the picture that the edges of the chip are pretty ragged so I'm concerned it will continue to chip unless it's either sealed or protected. I was hoping to hear back from JJP before doing anything.

Are you talking about that little tiny piece of chipping on the white outer edge? Had to zero in on it to even see.

That hole is going to chip and you shouldn't worry about it. Can hardly even see it.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you talking about that little tiny piece of chipping on the white outer edge? Had to zero in on it to even see.
That hole is going to chip and you shouldn't worry about it. Can hardly even see it.

I dunno man, that looks like a pretty big chunk for a new HUO hole. I hope jjp starts adding protectors or resolves the issue.

#912 6 years ago

There's a chunk about the size of a fingernail gone. That sucks man..

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dunno man, that looks like a pretty big chunk for a new HUO hole. I hope jjp starts adding protectors or resolves the issue.

Protectors are already designed and should be rolling out soon, as of last week when I checked.

#914 6 years ago

I'm also in line to get a DILE.
With JJP now adding the Mylar around the Sim Card hole, is it likely that the Mylar will prevent this type of chipping or will a cliffy protector still need to be installed?
Really psyched to get the game.

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Had to zero in on it to even see.

So did I becasue i thought it was the continuation of the unpainted bare wood...ummmm not so much. That's a little chunky and the left side looks like it next

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I'm also in line to get a DILE.
With JJP now adding the Mylar around the Sim Card hole, is it likely that the Mylar will prevent this type of chipping or will a cliffy protector still need to be installed?
Really psyched to get the game.

I would still get the cliffy since they typically are formed to cover the edge down into the hole a bit. Its the force of the ball ejecting up and hitting the edge of the plywood that I think tends to cause enough movement to chip the paint. Or since this is just a hole likely the same princible caused by the ball likely slamming against the edge from a bounce. By the cliffy wrapping down into the hole the edge is fully protected.

#917 6 years ago

Are the protectors which are now being designed going to be produced and installed by JJP at the factory or are they likely to be shipped out by JJP &/or possibly sold via Cliffy?
Sounds like these will be necessary to avoid chipping.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Are the protectors which are now being designed going to be produced and installed by JJP at the factory or are they likely to be shipped out by JJP &/or possibly sold via Cliffy?
Sounds like these will be necessary to avoid chipping.

I believe they will be installed at the factory as well as being sent out to people who have games produced before the protectors become available.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree that it's not a big issue at the moment. As another poster indicated, my concern is with adhesion. Pre-kids, my father and I used to restore airplanes. In fact I learned to fly in a 1942 Aeronca L-3B that we spent 5 years restoring. Between airplanes and cars I learned enough to be at least dangerous to myself on painting and I agree with the previous poster that if you cover up paint with clear too early without a proper cure you can have adhesion issues. We used to leave primer for 30 days before applying color to allow the primer to fully shrink prior to color. We would then leave the color for 30 days minimum before clearing and then we would leave the clear for another 30 days before reassembly or operating the vehicle to allow everything to fully harden and shrink to prevent adhesion issues and issues six months or even years down the road. In this case, I'm really just concerned that what you see will spread with further play without a protector. I apologize if I came across as whining, that wasn't the intention. I'm just being careful with a $9,000 toy to try and not make the problem worse until a good solution is available. On a side note, the game is still awesome and I still think the machine was executed beautifully. This is just an issue that needs to be taken care of, they happen.

#920 6 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

So I guess yours did not have the mylar installed? Mine has the full mylar protection and so far everything is good. I have about 50 or so plays, but this weekend some people are coming over and I am sure that it will get a couple hundred more plays.

#921 6 years ago

LE 0369 received, but we found a large capacitor loose in the box. Upon inspection, it's the bottom of the four large caps on the left side of the I/O Board, with both leads snapped off flush with the base of the cap.

Support ticket opened...

UPDATE: new I/O board being overnighted.

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

So I guess yours did not have the mylar installed? Mine has the full mylar protection and so far everything is good. I have about 50 or so plays, but this weekend some people are coming over and I am sure that it will get a couple hundred more plays.

Mylar largely helps to prevent wear, not chipping so much. You will get initial protection with your mylar but as the ball keeps hitting the edges, it will lift and then you have the same issues as everyone else. The only proper protection for the SIM card hole as it's designed is the cliffy style protector PL has designed for it. Hopefully these become available very soon...

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

LE 0369 received, but we found a large capacitor loose in the box. Upon inspection, it's the bottom of the four large caps on the left side of the I/O Board, with both leads snapped off flush with the base of the cap.
Support ticket opened...
UPDATE: new I/O board being overnighted.

Shipping pins suuuuucks. I hate how often something goes wrong in the transfer. At least you'll have the game up by the weekend!

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Shipping pins suuuuucks. I hate how often something goes wrong in the transfer. At least you'll have the game up by the weekend!

I have always to this day, drove and picked my pins up.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yep. See it now. Thought it just on little white strip

#926 6 years ago

Set up two Dialed In LE's yesterday.
Worked perfect out of the box

IMG_3080 (resized).JPGIMG_3080 (resized).JPG

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Fantastic.

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Thats awesome! Let me guess, ordered through Nitro?

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Must be Italian games "Fra-gee-lay" on the side...

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thats awesome! Let me guess, ordered through Nitro?

He Da Man,lol

#931 6 years ago

I put 3 5/16 rubbers on the post by the sim card hole. Mine come with Mylar and had no chipping but it looks like the round edge of the hole took the majority of the beating and the 5/16 rubber rings cover it nicely with a little overlap. It can't hurt until the metal protectors are available.

20170727_190410 (resized).jpg20170727_190410 (resized).jpg

20170727_190313_001 (resized).jpg20170727_190313_001 (resized).jpg

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I put 3 5/16 rubbers on the post by the sim card hole. Mine come with Mylar and had no chipping but it looks like the round edge of the hole took the majority of the beating and the 5/16 rubber rings cover it nicely with a little overlap. It can't hurt until the metal protectors are available.

Very nice. Good idea.

#933 6 years ago

There really is nothing like the excitement of a NIB unboxing, except for turning it on for the first time and getting the rush of that first game in.

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There really is nothing like the excitement of a NIB unboxing, ...

Meh..."unboxing" is the box laying on the ground so it'll fit in the back of ride.

#935 6 years ago

Any informations about the first container for Europe ?
Here are also several pinheads waiting for their machines and looking forwart to it !

#936 6 years ago

Mylar update: my LE (built 7/12) has seven_ pieces installed:

Phone
Trough
Drone magnet
Theater magnet
QED slot
SIM card
Bumpers

Half-moon mylars for the slings were included in the coin box, but not installed.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Phone
Trough
Drone magnet
Theater magnet
QED slot
SIM card
Bumpers
Half-moon mylars for the slings were included in the coin box, but not installed.

Would it be to much to ask to take pics of these areas with mylar?

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Would it be to much to ask to take pics of these areas with mylar?

Not at all. I used some LED flashlights laid on the playfield to try to highlight the edges...

Phone
2017-07-28 09.51.25 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.51.25 (resized).jpg
Trough
2017-07-28 09.52.14 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.52.14 (resized).jpg
Drone magnet
2017-07-28 09.52.47 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.52.47 (resized).jpg
Theater magnet
2017-07-28 09.53.14 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.53.14 (resized).jpg
QED slot
2017-07-28 09.54.26 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.54.26 (resized).jpg
SIM card
2017-07-28 09.54.44 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.54.44 (resized).jpg
Bumpers
2017-07-28 09.55.16 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 09.55.16 (resized).jpg

#939 6 years ago

I know you were trying to highlight the mylar edges but wow, those shots really show how vibrant and detailed the playfield art is.

#940 6 years ago

Keep in mind that the mylar at the SIM card hole covers almost none of the areas that chip. Hi, I'm Greg, current Dialed In record holder for most chipping at the SIM card hole and most chipping overall on the playfield. If you can look back and find the photo I posted of my SIM card chipping, you'll see that it's in areas this mylar does not cover. More importantly, understand that mylar is intended to protect wear, not chipping. Without a metal protector, this hole and others will still chip. I strongly recommend lowering your upper flipper strength to 15 until the metal protectors are out. Don't risk it.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I know you were trying to highlight the mylar edges but wow, those shots really show how vibrant and detailed the playfield art is.

The playfield is gorgeous.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Ya it some of those pics could be in the pinball art thread

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Although i just got it my build was 7.13 and also has the mylar. Trap door stuck open out of the box but I'll get to that tonight...we just played though it and had a great fun time. Even the wife was snooping around and wanting to play.

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Not at all. I used some LED flashlights laid on the playfield to try to highlight the edges...
Phone

Trough

Drone magnet

Theater magnet

QED slot

SIM card

Bumpers

JJP customer service is number #1. When I saw that you got all of that Mylar on your Dialed In, I put a ticket in to get the same. I put the ticket in at 2pm. At 2:06pm, it was in the mail to me. WTF. That's fantastic. Thank you JJP.

#945 6 years ago

Still no word if i need to wait forever for mine to get fixed or just get another one that is ready. This whole experience blows and has ruined the excitement that was built up after waiting over 9 monthes. Sld cancel everything and just buy used machines like i use to.....

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still no word if i need to wait forever for mine to get fixed or just get another one that is ready. This whole experience blows and has ruined the excitement that was built up after waiting over 9 monthes. Sld cancel everything and just buy used machines like i use to.....

That sucks. Did you get it through a distro or direct?

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That sucks. Did you get it through a distro or direct?

Distro.....

#948 6 years ago

sorry you are having a bad experience, i think if you hang on it will all be worth it

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sld cancel everything and just buy used machines like i use to.....

Get that 1 year old machine that has all the kinks and early run fixes sorted out and you also save hundreds or more...makes sense. The next greatest game is exciting but when you step back and take a breath, what's the difference if you buy the game now or in a year? It plays the same, if not better!

#950 6 years ago

Nice pin cup to go with dialed in.

blue-2 (resized).JPGblue-2 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olympia, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.