Topic Stats

• 2,380 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by HE-MAN44
  • Topic is favorited by 126 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“I am planing to make my self a set of repro plastics and are considering a making a very very limited run of sets. Are there any interest out there for this?”

• I would run and grab me a set since there are no NOS made for this pin 69 votes
    47%
  • I would want to get a few single plastics, some are missing on my pin 55 votes
    37%
  • My pin has some beaten up plastics but I prefeer original plastics 5 votes
    3%
  • Nah, waste of moey. the pin plays well without / with warped and beaten up -plastics. 18 votes
    12%

(147 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8176 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8175 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8174 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8172 (resized).JPEG
IMG_8173 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240213_090711 (resized).jpg
IMG_8944 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8935 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8934 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
20231205_203432.jpg
Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.05.03?AM (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3222 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 48.
#251 7 years ago

I should clarify, the majority of the cab is just dirty. The front left side must have had something dripping on it at some point, the surface is roughened. That's probably why the lockbar and that corner's leg have rusty spots. Otherwise, cab is all solid though.

So would 200 be an "I'd be a moron to pass this up" price, even with those flaws?

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I should clarify, the majority of the cab is just dirty. The front left side must have had something dripping on it at some point, the surface is roughened. That's probably why the lockbar and that corner's leg have rusty spots. Otherwise, cab is all solid though.
So would 200 be an "I'd be a moron to pass this up" price, even with those flaws?

200 bucks? Yes you'd be a moron to pass that up. Haha

1 week later
#253 7 years ago

Anyone load their game with LEDs?
I recently changed my mind and decided not to sell mine, so I think Im going to juice it up a bit.

Looking for some lighting inspiration!

1 week later
#254 7 years ago

All leds except GI

IMG_0795 (resized).JPGIMG_0795 (resized).JPG

#255 7 years ago

Nice - Keep'm comin!

Ps - can anyone rip the ramp from the left flipper?

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Nice - Keep'm comin!

Nope. Not on mine.

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Nice - Keep'm comin!

It's got to be perfect, so maybe 1 in 10 times it works. But when it does work and you get that double double jackpot it's pretty awesome!

#258 7 years ago

I cannot backhand the ramp with the left flipper.
Led'ed with red under red inserts (plus uzi and bullets) Cool whites under blues and greens. Warms under everything else. I did put comet ice blues in the movie scene inserts for grins. The GI is warm whites with reds in the pops. The picture from my crappy phone makes the colors look way over saturated but in person they look true to the original with just a bit more pop. LW3 is one of my faves and will never leave.

20170227_114855(2) (resized).jpg20170227_114855(2) (resized).jpg

20170227_114856 (resized).jpg20170227_114856 (resized).jpg

#259 7 years ago

Made this alt translite today:

lethal-weapon-3-alternative-pinball-translite-flipper (resized).jpglethal-weapon-3-alternative-pinball-translite-flipper (resized).jpg

Mock up:

lw3-alt-translite-mockup (resized).jpglw3-alt-translite-mockup (resized).jpg

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Made this alt translite today:

Mel Gibson would not approve. HE is the STAR, not Danny Glover.

#261 7 years ago

Is it hard or expensive to print one-off translites?

#262 7 years ago

Don't you allready miss the crazy Eyes?

#263 7 years ago

IMG_7163 (resized).JPGIMG_7163 (resized).JPG

IMG_7164 (resized).JPGIMG_7164 (resized).JPG

#264 7 years ago

Friend of mine has a nice LW3 he needs to sell. Is the Inside price estimate for this game accurate at $1390 - $1610?

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Is it hard or expensive to print one-off translites?

I'm doing a run of these, maybe 5 or so if you want one?

#266 7 years ago

The Translite is very reminiscent of the early prototype that Mel Gibson
was upset about. All you have to do is add the picture of Mel kissing
the gal from the movie to the far upper right, and you got it made.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The Translite is very reminiscent of the early prototype that Mel Gibson
was upset about. All you have to do is add the picture of Mel kissing
the gal from the movie to the far upper right, and you got it made.

Well, lets screw Mel over and make it happen then. Anyone got a photo of said translite? I've never seen it.

#268 7 years ago

Is that a color dmd?

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Is that a color dmd?

No thats the reflection of the Uzi and Stunt inserts. Thought so at first too!

#270 7 years ago

Lol, now I see it.

#271 7 years ago

Found this gem on Craigslist this morning, out on the eastern plains of Colorado. It's been in the farmers basement since 1992, yep it's HUO. Said the kids played it "some" but mostly just been sitting there for 25 years. He was shocked when I removed the back glass and he saw what was behind there. Luckily the original batteries had not leaked yet so no corrosion to worry about.

c5f7a95c18f2faebb39bc734e2b77db0b113a2a1 (resized).jpgc5f7a95c18f2faebb39bc734e2b77db0b113a2a1 (resized).jpg

#272 7 years ago

Sweet! May i ask what you paid for it?

4 weeks later
#273 7 years ago

My latest mod-project. Custom flipper-bat-toppers...

DSC_0024 (resized).JPGDSC_0024 (resized).JPG

#274 7 years ago

anyone have the 2 plastics beside each flipper...mine are both broken

#275 7 years ago

Those don't look bad at all! And I like the orange rubbers too... I was about to put an order in for blue rubber, until I saw someone with reds. I was going to switch my order to red, then saw orange. I don't know what to pick!

#276 7 years ago

Just got my game back working after a power supply issue. Was playing my first games on LW3 in like 4 months last night and it felt good! I was crushing a game during a bad storm and our power went out!! bummer as I rarely get scores in the 200-300 million range and I was well on my way.

#277 7 years ago

Can someone send a pic of the left ramp entrance switch for me please. It is just on the outside of the ramp on the right side of it. Mine is missing so want to see what I need. Thanks, Mike

#278 7 years ago

Here ya go!

20170415_105402 (resized).jpg20170415_105402 (resized).jpg

#279 7 years ago

Awesome thanks. Looks like the switch blade is straight and flat. That helps a lot thanks!!!!

#280 7 years ago

Swapping rubbers on mine, heres a close up while im in there.IMG_7980 (resized).JPGIMG_7980 (resized).JPG

#281 7 years ago

Oh super sweet. More pics please I was thinking of going blue to match my flipper rubbers. That looks great.

#282 7 years ago

Oh and what brand are you using also please.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Swapping rubbers on mine, heres a close up while im in there.

That's not the OEM switch for that gate. The previous picture posted is the correct switch.

#284 7 years ago

My turn! Can someone post a pic of behind the top deop targets?

The manual is hard to read, but I think it shows a different rubber set up compared to what came with the machine.

Heres mine.

IMG_7981 (resized).JPGIMG_7981 (resized).JPG

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Oh and what brand are you using also please.

Not quite done yet but here a couple quickies.

Basically just got all blue Titan Comps except for shooter tip, which I went yellow.

I think all red or orange could look good too

IMG_7982 (resized).JPGIMG_7982 (resized).JPG

IMG_7983 (resized).JPGIMG_7983 (resized).JPG

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

My turn! Can someone post a pic of behind the top deop targets?
The manual is hard to read, but I think it shows a different rubber set up compared to what came with the machine.
Heres mine.

Here you go: This should help.

405490 (resized).jpg405490 (resized).jpg

405493 (resized).jpg405493 (resized).jpg

#287 7 years ago

Thanks homie, thats what I think my pixelated photocopied manual says!

#288 7 years ago

That blue is awesome I am loving it. Thank you.

#289 7 years ago

Done! Install wasn't too difficult other than losing a nut here n there.

Looks nice and fresh to me and plays a Hell of a lot better than what was in there. Probably originals as they were all cracking and ghetto.

Very lively now!IMG_7984 (resized).JPGIMG_7984 (resized).JPG

#290 7 years ago

Sorry to be lazy but do they have a kit? Or could you input that info to them? I seriously am going to go blue that looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Sorry to be lazy but do they have a kit? Or could you input that info to them? I seriously am going to go blue that looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

If you go to Titans website look at the kits. I uploaded a standard rubber kit for LW3. Just chose the blue color for each size if that is what you are wanting. Post picks so we can see your results.

#292 7 years ago

Right on thank you and will do. It might be a minute but I have been thinking about this for awhile and that blue is where it's at for me.

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

If you go to Titans website look at the kits. I uploaded a standard rubber kit for LW3.

How recently did you do this? I checked for a kit last week and nothing. Piecing it together via my manual resulted in me having about 5 extra bands haha.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

How recently did you do this? I checked for a kit last week and nothing. Piecing it together via my manual resulted in me having about 5 extra bands haha.

Shows I uploaded it on 3/30/17

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/2788

1 week later
#295 7 years ago

Guess it's time for me to jump in on this club, as mine is no longer just being stored.
Good shaped cab, picked up from a buddy for stupid cheap.
Plan is to sand it down (in progress), and swap it to the black cabinet decals and paint.
Once that's done, it's getting chrome rails, lockbar, and legs...and then all of the rest of the work begins.
Will also be getting, custom gun handle, new custom translite, new lite topper, LED's, new glass, new rubbers/posts, and a few other details.

Will try to get some pics up and will probably be asking for a touch of advice here and there.

Happy to be apart of the group!!

#296 7 years ago

Does anyone have the art files for the back box and cabinet decals? I have a friend who can do the printing and I need to replace one of the back box side decals.

Also, if anyone has the art for the drop target decal that would be great. I found a Word file somewhere that had the drop target decals but the size was wrong and the color is very washed out.

Thanks.

1 week later
#297 6 years ago

Here's my latest mod for my LW3...
collage-1493917087032.jpgcollage-1493917087032.jpg

Cheers
/mima

1 week later
#298 6 years ago

Anyone jVe any spare parts? I am in need of the gun barrel over the shooter and also the switch plate on the inside of the cabinet for the gun shooter. Please PM me of you have any spare parts. Thanks

1 month later
#299 6 years ago

Joined the club about a month ago. Slowly cleaning it up and fixing some parts. Had to get a Rottendog MPU because I couldn't figure out why all the special solenoids were locking on (I checked all the transistors). $20 new police light from Amazon was probably the easiest fix I've ever done.

A few questions

1)I didn't realize I was missing a piece of mirrored plexi that attaches to the cabinet above the playfield. Can someone measure that and give me the dimensions and the cutout where the ramp is?

2)My volume goes from normal to crazy loud. I've swapped out the sound board with one from a DE Star Wars and it works fine (turns all the way down) so I know its not the potentiometer or connections. The header pins seem fine on the soundboard so I'm not sure where to start. I'm going to look at the schematics and compare stuff with a multimeter but was wondering if anyone else had this problem. Of course I really just want to go PinSound.

3)It looks like there is a hole in the playfield between the left lanes for a mini post and rubber like on the right, but it doesn't seem like it's there in lots of pictures. Should it be? Am I cheating if I install one

4)I replaced the launcher with the full kit from Marco. I have since swapped that coil with a 23-800 that the manual specs. Does the plunger matter? Should I be using one with a tip? Its consistently hitting the 3 bullet from the top so I think that's its ok.

outhole (resized).jpgouthole (resized).jpg

launcher (resized).jpglauncher (resized).jpg

#300 6 years ago

The volume on mine has been flakey like that too lately. Havent gotten around to trying to solve it yet, but read in one thread that it could be some bad connections at the amp.

Keep us posted!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,650 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 48.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dataeast-leathal-weapon-3-lw3-club-join-if-you-have-one-or-haf-one/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.