(Topic ID: 249521)

Custom Apron Cards - (Printable Versions Only)

By Coindropper

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,689 posts
  • 343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by bigfoot53
  • Topic is favorited by 696 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

amusment (resized).png
instructions (resized).png
3ball fp (resized).png
5 ball fp (resized).png
instruction 2 (resized).png
Jaws.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
INSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpg
Fathom Best 2 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).png
S&S INS. (resized).png
S&S ART (resized).png
C42A7162-9861-468E-A3AB-C2F39A1E90B0 (resized).jpg
79D2C81D-8234-4244-8D56-AC9D5D3BE4AA (resized).jpg
bbq10 (resized).jpg
IMG_6586 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.
#1651 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm happy to be wrong.
I find it hard to make myself drive 20 mins to a big box store, but if i was going to North America, and i had a trip planned a few years ago, Texas was big on my list and where i was landing as it's my favourite Nascar circuit and i'm big on BBQ.
[quoted image]

Dang - called my bluff. Well, if you do end up coming to Texas Motor Speedway, you're like 10 miles from my house - happy to have you stop by (as long as you promise not to be beat me up for criticizing your apron card opinions).

#1652 4 months ago

Even though I sell pinball cards, I concur with others regarding this particular thread. The intent here is to openly share cards for everyone/anyone to print on their own without cost, and to refrain from redirecting and/or advertising cards for purchase. Personally, I've made the mistake myself in the past and self-corrected. Still doesn't mean you can't comment or offer suggestions in this thread, but there are other places/ways to display and sell apron cards.

#1653 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think that eveyrone has a right to be compensated for their work.
But, using this thread to send people off-site for donations rubs me the wrong way.
Pinside shops are FREE to set up and this is where you sell stuff.
I would like to see this "in-house" so that proceeds can help pinside.

That's one opinion.

I'd like to see it here to help pinsiders.

In the end, this is the aim of the thread as stated by the OP in the opening post.
Fuckall about the watermarks that are making your britches itch.

Quoted from Coindropper:

Starting this to post Apron Cards that are printable. Not screenshots that you cant open to print, must be something anyone here can print.
UPDATE ON SIZING - Carny_Priest was nice enough to build an autohotkey script to auto resize cards per mfg. The link below are the instructions/downloads needed for the script:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/9#post-5216048
*****HERE ARE A FEW PINSIDER TIPS ON RESIZING TO PRINT*****

#1654 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dang - called my bluff. Well, if you do end up coming to Texas Motor Speedway, you're like 10 miles from my house - happy to have you stop by (as long as you promise not to be beat me up for criticizing your apron card opinions).

Gotta poke me pretty hard to get me to fight nowadays.

Only thing i hadn't decided was whether to head south through Mexico, or east through the green belt on my way to my mates place in Florida to catch a baseball game and a Tarpon.

#1655 4 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

You can't make ads for products for zero dollars (or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it) without me spending a dollar for each one. I don't have a business making apron cards. I spend days of my own free time drawing art to expand the options for apron cards and contribute to the pinball community. I can't afford to pay money to give people stuff for free. I'm a disabled artist just trying to add something new to pinside.
And I don't think YOU get it. The cards are free. I like being able to see which cards are downloaded so I can track what is and isn't popular.
Almost everything else in this thread is people stealing art from Google image search and just adding instructions next to it. I thought I was helping by contributing my art, for FREE, to this thread. But now I feel completely unwanted and unwelcome here so I guess I'll stop.

I personally hope you continue to post on pinside. Your artwork is excellent and refreshing.

#1656 4 months ago

The lady is still giving away free, high quality cards. I mean, who cares if she links to another site. People do this all day on Pinside. There's only one person here who is appalled.

#1657 4 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

I personally hope you continue to post on pinside. Your artwork is excellent and refreshing.

Thank you! I really appreciate that

#1658 4 months ago
Quoted from interconnect:

The man is still giving away free, high quality cards. I mean, who cares if he links to another site. People do this all day on Pinside. There's only one person here who is appalled.

Lady but I still appreciate the support lol

#1659 4 months ago
Quoted from Llyrion:

Lady but I still appreciate the support lol

Sorry! I should never assume. Fixed original post.

#1660 4 months ago
Quoted from interconnect:

Sorry! I should never assume. Fixed original post.

Haha nbd but ty!

#1661 4 months ago

Any apron cards available for QUEEN by Pinball Brothers?

Let me know.
Thank You!
Kerry

1 week later
#1662 3 months ago

Like seeing all the hard work. Amazing!

#1663 3 months ago

Looking for apron cards for 1975 Gottlieb Pin-up.

#1664 3 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:Looking for apron cards for 1975 Gottlieb Pin-up.

Anything here?

https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

#1665 3 months ago

Just the basics. Was really looking for something custom like what Llyrion draws.

3 weeks later
#1666 3 months ago

Doing a homebrew Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in a steampunk vibe, would love a couple stern size apron card ideas? Here's my side cabinet panels I'm almost done working on.

79D2C81D-8234-4244-8D56-AC9D5D3BE4AA (resized).jpg79D2C81D-8234-4244-8D56-AC9D5D3BE4AA (resized).jpgC42A7162-9861-468E-A3AB-C2F39A1E90B0 (resized).jpgC42A7162-9861-468E-A3AB-C2F39A1E90B0 (resized).jpg
#1667 3 months ago

Just finished a couple for my newly acquired Strikes and Spares. Includes my serial number, but anybody adept at photoshop can change it.

S&S ART (resized).pngS&S ART (resized).pngS&S INS. (resized).pngS&S INS. (resized).png
#1668 3 months ago

Are there any out there for a Bally Fireball?

#1669 3 months ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

Just finished a couple for my newly acquired Strikes and Spares. Includes my serial number, but anybody adept at photoshop can change it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just been reading this whole thread, some interesting misconceptions out there!

Dakine...loving your designs...very classy

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1670 89 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

anybody adept at photoshop

A lot of the people here cant even figure out how to print them the correct size.

Knowing Photoshop is a big reach...

It might be more helpful to make one without the serial number on it for non photo editors.

#1671 89 days ago

A lot of the people here cant even figure out how to print them the correct size.

* raises hand* ugh

#1672 89 days ago

Knowing Photoshop is a big reach...
It might be more helpful to make one without the serial number on it for non photo editors.

Pinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7998998_0 (resized).png

A year ago I didn't either. I just started playing around with Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word, and I began to find the more I messed around the more I learned. And the more I learned, the better I got. It's not all that different from anything else really.

#1673 89 days ago

Finished up on some new Fathom cards tonight. I omitted my serial number if anybody wants to print them.

Fathom Best 2 (resized).jpgFathom Best 2 (resized).jpgINSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpgINSTRUCTIONS (resized).jpg
#1674 89 days ago

One that say's Haggis instead of Bally and Mermaid under Fathom would be cool as fuck for us Mermaid customers if you feel like getting creative....

JustSayingPunkin

#1675 89 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

One that say's Haggis instead of Bally and Mermaid under Fathom would be cool as fuck for us Mermaid customers if you feel like getting creative....
JustSayingPunkin

You gonna cover up the LCDs?

#1676 89 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

[quoted image]
A year ago I didn't either. I just started playing around with Microsoft Paint and Microsoft Word, and I began to find the more I messed around the more I learned. And the more I learned, the better I got. It's not all that different from anything else really.

Nicely done!

#1677 89 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You gonna cover up the LCDs?

Ooops. Well caught.

#1678 89 days ago

Anyone have a good set of Data East Hook cards worth sharing?

#1681 88 days ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I second this. I've made quite a few in microsoft word and was happy with how they turned out.
Another option for people who are interested is the Gimp program. I think its Gimp2.0 currently. It's pretty similar to photoshop, decently user friendly (quite easy to learn if you take the time), and best of all, its free to download and use.

#1682 88 days ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I second this. I've made quite a few in microsoft word and was happy with how they turned out.
Another option for people who are interested is the Gimp program. I think its Gimp2.0 currently. It's pretty similar to photoshop, decently user friendly (quite easy to learn if you take the time), and best of all, its free to download and use.

I have to 2nd this again!

Not only is GIMP free, but is easier to learn and the youtube videos are there to VERY quickly get you up to speed on it.

There are FEW photoshop videos that are helpful as they are always taken down by Adobe.

#1683 87 days ago

There are FEW photoshop videos that are helpful as they are always taken down by Adobe.

Okay I hafta mention how I did some of these. I don’t use Adobe Photoshop. For this S&S, I took a photo of the backglass using my iPhone 15. These new iPhones have a cut-out feature where you can isolate the primary subject in an image, and either paste it somewhere, or save it as a new image. When saved, it’s basically freeform rather than a rectangular photo. I created a new document in Word, filled it with the orange, and imported the figure of the girl onto the image. If you notice her left foot is darker than her right foot, it’s because there are no bulbs in that area of the backglass to illuminate her left foot! Basically did the exact same thing with the “Strikes and Spares” letterhead, and imported that into the Word document. Basically, the rest is just created using text boxes in the word document. Scrolled through a lot of the fonts I liked and picked one. Then I imported that entire image into the Paint program on my laptop, and added the outlines on the perimeter. Saving it as a word document allows you to come back to it at a later time and play around until you produce something that you like. Like I said, there’s a little bit of a learning curve, but basically the more you use it the better you get.

IMG_1495 (resized).jpegIMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1684 39 days ago

Has anyone made custom cards for Jaws yet?

#1685 38 days ago

Anything for space invaders?

#1686 36 days ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

Has anyone made custom cards for Jaws yet?

I make lenticulars for Jaws, but I also created a free set if anyone wants them...

Jaws.pdfJaws.pdf
#1687 34 days ago

I love the Jaws billboard, but I would never use a rule card that is nearly impossible to read.

#1688 34 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I make lenticulars for Jaws, but I also created a free set if anyone wants them...[quoted image]

Good on ya ralph for doing something for others for nothing. I'll never use it either as i don't have the machine, but i appreciate you doing it for others.

2 weeks later
#1689 14 days ago

Evening Everyone,
Restoring a Kings of Steel and made some cards Hopefully, they are useful to others.
3ball fp (resized).png3ball fp (resized).png5 ball fp (resized).png5 ball fp (resized).png

instruction 2 (resized).pnginstruction 2 (resized).pnginstructions (resized).pnginstructions (resized).pngamusment (resized).pngamusment (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 1,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.