Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rear-glass.jpg
    front-glass.jpg
    bk2k.gif
    BK2000Mini.jpg
    BK2000Main.jpg
    poster4.jpg
    no-trolls.jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for Source Materials to Archive for Future CPR Projects. I already have enough artwork already completed to keep CPR busy with Playfields, Plastics, and Backglasses through Mid-2015, so keep in mind that any/all of the following projects will most likely Not get done in the course of the next 2 years (as I still have to do all the Artwork). There are of course exceptions to the rule and some may get moved to the front of the line, however, this will move back other projects that are already prepared for production. At this point we do not have any 3rd party licensing reserved, so even if we get the source materials archived there is no guarantee that the project will ever get done. I’m simply trying to build up my Source Material so that as I complete art packages I can move on to others without losing time trying to track down materials, some or many of which can take years to track down….There are approximately 35 other projects that I already have source materials archived for, such as Elektra Plastics, DE Star Wars Plastics, etc., however, these such titles require a lot of work (artwork) and will be used as filler in between other more popular titles/projects. I also already have several other Translites already scanned for new Backglass reproductions.

As for the Source Materials I am looking for: NOS is pretty much Preferred, however, it’s not absolute. In a case where someone has materials but they are not NOS I will require High-Res Photos to make determinations if they are usable for our needs. All Plastics Sets MUST be Complete, including All Clears.

Many Thanks to all who step up and help support the pinball community by allowing us to borrow their materials!

Stu
    CPR Art Director/Partner
    http://classicplayfields.com

PLAYFIELDS:

Barracora
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Phantom of the Opera
    DE Star Trek
    Black Rose
    Fireball
    Bally Old Chicago

PLASTICS:

Back to the Future
    Black Rose
    Bally Old Chicago

BACKGLASSES:

Blackout

#2 10 years ago

Stu, I'll get you some pics of my Future Spa backglass from my wife's DSLR and you can see if it's useable. Hope the plastics get made, mine's got one chipped one. =\

#3 10 years ago

Great to see Blackout on the backglass list.
    Fingers crossed this one makes it.

#4 10 years ago

OMG!!! BK2K playfields would be EPIC!!!!

I wish I still had my NOS set.

Thanks Stu, for all your hard work, and putting up with us

Chris

#5 10 years ago

This could be as close as I come to a Barracora as possible. Great to see it on the list

#7 10 years ago

I wish I had scanned my NOS Barracora pf before I installed it That was back in the early days before CPR were cranking out playfieds.

#8 10 years ago

Isn't PPS already doing Theatre of Magic this year?

#9 10 years ago

What is the process for a backglass? I have a really nice Pharaoh backglass with only a couple flaws, but obviously shipping otherwise irreplaceable backglasses makes me nervous. Also, any idea on turn-around times (meaning how long it would be gone, not how long until it gets made)?

#10 10 years ago

Not on the list but I do have one NOS BK2K backglass and an Alan Meyer repro.

Neither have touched a machine yet.

#11 10 years ago

I see Bally Rolling Stones plastics on the list there. Any chance for PF's and a BG's?

#12 10 years ago

I have no information about PPS doing this project.......

Quoted from RobertWinter:

Isn't PPS already doing Theatre of Magic this year?

I would need it for Scanning & Color Corrections, probably less than a month in my posession....

Quoted from Cheeks:

I have a really nice Pharaoh backglass with only a couple flaws

This glass is Not on my list (above)

Quoted from lemmings418:

but I do have one NOS BK2K backglass

#13 10 years ago

Note: Theatre of Magic PF Removed from list.....

#14 10 years ago

And I was worried that pinsiders ha broken you last week
    :p

Some more cool projects there

#15 10 years ago

Nope, when I get sick enough of their shit I'll just stay off pinside alltogether and not give out any info....I suspect it's just a matter of time though

None-the-less, I'm still searching for Source Material as I still have a job to do and artwork to prepare......Lots of great new projects coming up soon....

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Cheeks said:
    I have a really nice Pharaoh backglass with only a couple flaws

This glass is Not on my list (above)

Yes it is...

Quoted from Stu:

BACKGLASSES:

Blackout
    Pharaoh
    Future Spa
    Barracora

#17 10 years ago

Stu - Don't feed the trolls....

no-trolls.jpgno-trolls.jpg

Trolls - Don't poke the bear....

poster4.jpgposter4.jpg

Chris

#18 10 years ago

Sorry, thought I was "copying" from a different post......It should have been this one below ( BK2K Backglass ) which I am Not looking for & is Not on the list.......

Quoted from lemmings418:

Not on the list but I do have one NOS BK2K backglass

Yes, I am looking for a Pharaoh Backglass......

#19 10 years ago

Dibs on first spot on the bk2k preorder list

#20 10 years ago

I hope someone steps up with the JP plastics and that they can, in fact, be remade without outrageous licensing fees. I'd love to see those remade, and I assume a lot of other people would, too.

Stu, thanks for the work you and the rest of CPR do help out this hobby.

#21 10 years ago

If it has a couple of Flaws it's not NOS or Near Perfect and if your Nervous about shipping then I suggest you Not ship it.....We ship thousands of backglasses without breakage but I do understand your concerns. No problem, I'm sure someone with an NOS glass will step up eventually, I'm in no hurry at all......

Quoted from Cheeks:

Pharaoh backglass with only a couple flaws, but obviously shipping otherwise irreplaceable backglasses makes me nervous

#22 10 years ago

Ummm, long wait, maybe 2018-19?....Again, I'm looking for materials to Archive for the future so please don't ask "when will it be made"....cause I'll say "within the next 20 years"

Quoted from lordloss:

Dibs on first spot on the bk2k preorder list

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

Ummm, long wait, maybe 2018-19?....Again, I'm looking for materials to Archive for the future so please don't ask "when will it be made"....cause I'll say "within the next 20 years"

Dibs still apply

#24 10 years ago

ok, let me write that down on a post-it note....ok, got it.....

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

We ship thousands of backglasses without breakage but I do understand your concerns.

I got a backglass direct from you guys in your uber backglass box. I would be FAR less concerned about the return trip in one of those boxes than I would be about the trip from me to you. I don't have any of those kick ass boxes around here any more. Any thoughts about getting it safely to you?

Most of the glass is perfect, but it does have 1 or 2 scratches in it. Not NOS, but overall really nice. I can take pictures of it if you want and you're either interested in it or not.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

I got a backglass direct from you guys in your uber backglass box. I would be FAR less concerned about the return trip in one of those boxes than I would be about the trip from me to you. I don't have any of those kick ass boxes around here any more. Any thoughts about getting it safely to you?
    Most of the glass is perfect, but it does have 1 or 2 scratches in it. Not NOS, but overall really nice. I can take pictures of it if you want and you're either interested in it or not.

I've got one of the CPR boxes. Also have a shipping box from Mayfair too. If you want to come pick it up, you are welcomed to have either one.

#27 10 years ago

Stu, my Rolling Stones plastics are in really good condition. I think it would be awesome to be able to help out other RS owners in the community by loaning them to you. Having just completed my playfield swap with a cleared NOS playfield, they'd be a little hard to let go. How long would you need them for?

#28 10 years ago

Eric, PM Sent.....

#29 10 years ago

Question on BK2K....in another thread Stu mentioned this

Quoted from Stu:

Guys, since this is a Double Playfield Set, the ONLY way we would do the project is IF we can do Both Playfields on a Single Sheet of Wood and then cut them apart after they are done....the same as we did Flash Gordon. If the 2 playfields (layed on the same sheet exceed 44" then it's a NO GO). We will Not be doing another project like Black Knight where we had to treat it as 2 Separate Playfields....

Does this disqualify BK2K?

#30 10 years ago

If the 2 Playfields can be layed out on the same 42-44" board and Printed / Cut as 1 Single board then we can do it, but if the 2 playfields can Not be layed out this way and have to be run as 2 separate runs then we won't do it....

Quoted from SDFworker:Does this disqualify BK2K

#31 10 years ago

ok, did a little investigation and found that Black Knight 2000 has to be run as 2 Separate Playfield Runs - Main & Mini....so this title is Not going to happen, thus I have Removed it from my original list.

The pictures below show why:

BK2000Main.jpgBK2000Main.jpg BK2000Mini.jpgBK2000Mini.jpg
    #32 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnnycruzr:

Great to see Blackout on the backglass list.
    Fingers crossed this one makes it.

I second that !

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

ok, did a little investigation and found that Black Knight 2000 has to be run as 2 Separate Playfield Runs - Main & Mini....so this title is Not going to happen, thus I have Removed it from my original list.

BK2000Main.jpg 263 KB

BK2000Mini.jpg 203 KB

While I do understand what you are saying, this makes me sad

Thank you anyway Stu!

Chris

#34 10 years ago

dosen't mean that it won't "ever" get made by us, just not anytime soon....as we run out of "first-run" titles and start to work on the lesser titles it will make things easier to do projects like this, however, it is a Double Playfield Run & the Cost will reflect this.....

#35 10 years ago

To my knowledge, none of the typical Williams 2-level games (BK, BK2K, Pharaoh, Solar Fire, etc) would be able to be done in a single run as you describe. The older Williams games like BK have a much larger cutout than the BK2K shown, but the upper playfields wouldn't fit into the hole so that they could be done in 1 pass.

#36 10 years ago

If doing DW playfields is there a possibilty for plastics?

#37 10 years ago

Sorry I popped the BK2K bubble I really wanted that one myself.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

BK2000Main.jpg 263 KB

BK2000Mini.jpg 203 KB

I wouldn't expect it to cost the same anyway. Double the cost and run them as two seperate pf's.

#39 10 years ago

Stu-
    I have a 9.5 Sorcerer backglass I'd be willing to share with you if you need that art. Would just need advice on how to get it to you in one piece.

#40 10 years ago

Thanks, but Sorcerer BG is not on my list......

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

I see Bally Rolling Stones plastics on the list there. Any chance for PF's and a BG's?

I don't see Rolling Stones on the list?

However, I have an NOS plastics set if they would ever need to borrow it.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stu:

BK2000Main.jpg 263 KB

BK2000Mini.jpg 203 KB

No bk2k? MY POST IT!! Nooooooo

bk2k.gifbk2k.gif
    #43 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I don't see Rolling Stones on the list?
    However, I have an NOS plastics set if they would ever need to borrow it.

I guess Stu must have removed it from the list. It was there. If you read further up in the thread, he may have something worked out for RS plastics (and subsequently removed it from his list).

#44 10 years ago

Still looking for items on my list......

1 week later
    #45 10 years ago

Still Looking for Source Materials for the following:

Stu
    CPR Art Director/Partner
    http://classicplayfields.com

PLAYFIELDS:
    Barracora
    Six Million Dollar Man
    Phantom of the Opera
    DE Star Trek
    Black Rose
    Fireball
    Bally Old Chicago

PLASTICS:
    Back to the Future
    Black Rose
    Bally Old Chicago

BACKGLASSES:
    Blackout

#46 10 years ago

Source Materials needed......Still looking.....

#47 10 years ago

Stu,
    Hopefully you'll find a NOS Blackout, as I've never seen a perfect one. In fact most I've seen are pretty trashed and this would be a great seller. I'll offer up mine if you dont find a better one. May have too much damage for you, but it's the best one I've ever seen.
    front-glass.jpgfront-glass.jpg
    rear-glass.jpgrear-glass.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Actually not sure if you could use that or not as it has been sealed. Looks like at some point early in life it got a couple scrapes, so someone did some quick touch ups then sealed it forever. Never seen this before, instead of Triple-Thick, they spread a sheet of mylar over it. That will never come off. Did the trick pretty well though, no further damage over the years,and it was a job well done as there are no bubbles or lifting anywhere, so hey, not bad.

#49 10 years ago

Dann Frank had a nice Barracora bg on his wall last time I was there, but that was a few years ago.

3 weeks later
    #50 10 years ago

Barracora & Pharaoh BG Artwork is now done....Still looking for a Bally Mystic Playfield for Scanning....As well as a Blackout Backglass.....NOS or Near Mint is needed.....

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-source-materials-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.