Right_side.JPG
Right_Backbox.JPG
Drags.JPG
Translite.JPG
Lower_PF.JPG
Upper_PF.JPG
Machine.JPG
#1 13 years ago

Going to pick up a Corvette in a couple of hours for a great price. I have the jitters I can't wait. Supposedly in great condition and everything working except a weak flipper. I will post pics tonight unless he sells it out from under me. Man, I love this game.
Lol, I talked my wife into letting me sell the weight bench. I will now have room for 6 pins. WOOOHOO!

#2 13 years ago

Awesome mate! Always such a sweet feeling picking up a new pin for the collection

#3 13 years ago

Nice!

Good luck on the Corvette aquisition, SC. Corvette is sort of a harder game to find. Its one of those games you never see because they are all stored at collector homes...being its Corvette, and anything car/motorcycle/etc related pinball (includes Viper Night Drivin & Harley Davidson) is extremely sought after. Corvette is one of my fav WPC games. Solid Gomez pin. Has easily some of the hottest chicks as far as playfield art goes (probably head-to-head with Capcom's Breakshot).

#4 13 years ago

Wow -
Never got a chance to play that pin like drbond said you dont find many around
-good luck with it

#5 13 years ago

Very exciting! A neat game that I haven't played in well over a decade. Enjoy!

#6 13 years ago

Makes me a bit sad, i got one last year, but it was not in the condition that i was told it was in.
I ended up sending it back and it was replaced by a nice No Fear.
Pity, because i really liked the theme and playfield colors etc are second to none.
Good luck with it, hope it is in better condition than mine.

#7 13 years ago

Picked it up and have it in my Garage for the time being. Got it for $1400. I look at Craigslist every hour or so. I wasn't the first to call but for the price and what he said was wrong with it, I was the first one to say I wanted it.
The circuit boards aren't burnt. PF looks real nice from what I can tell just needs a good cleaning. The engine and drag strips work. There is an error dot and the flippers are weak. I will rebuild them. Probably a switch in the ramps which hasn't triggered due to the weak flippers.
The cab is in great shape except for a small part in the front under the leg where the outer ply cracked loose when I put it in my truck. DOH. The decal held it together. I put some wood glue in there and the leg is mostly hiding it. He couldn't find the key to the coin door so I may have to drill the lock out. I will give him a couple of days to find it since I don't have time to do anything with it tonight anyway. The translite has a spot where it isn't pressing against the glass. Not sure if that is a problem yet.

Machine.JPGMachine.JPG Upper_PF.JPGUpper_PF.JPG Lower_PF.JPGLower_PF.JPG

#9 13 years ago

some more

Translite.JPGTranslite.JPG Drags.JPGDrags.JPG

#10 13 years ago

Good price. Looks dirty as with most games just acquired. Can't wait to see it after you shop it out.

You have any cabinet side pics of your Corvette SC?

I have only run into one Corvette that wasn't faded pretty bad. It was selling for almost $3K last year at a show up in San Rafael. Should give you an idea what Corvette collectors will pay.

#11 13 years ago

Cab is not faded much, if any. One big scratch on left side but my Sharpies did a good job of matching it. I'm really excited about this. I can't wait to fix the flippers so I can play it.

Right_Backbox.JPGRight_Backbox.JPG Right_side.JPGRight_side.JPG Left_Backbox.JPGLeft_Backbox.JPG Left_Side.JPGLeft_Side.JPG

#12 13 years ago

I think u did good. Was the pin in home use? Just clean it and enjoy

#13 13 years ago

Looks like it's in nice shape. It's been so long since I've seen one, I forgot just how beautiful the cabinet art is. Assuming you don't run into any major problems with the restore, I think you got a really good deal.

#14 13 years ago

NICE! Looks like it's in good shape. Clean it up and have at it!!

#15 13 years ago

yeah looks sharp man - nice find

#16 13 years ago

It was owned by the Air Force MWR at one point but home use for the last 10 years or so. Probably in the Bowling Alley. Until I get her open I won't know for sure but there is little visible wear. The Pits hole has minor wear, much less than I expected. But nothing a Cliffy won't cover.

#17 13 years ago

As far as I know the Pit Stop may be the only place where its known to wear. Most of the ramp entrances have rubber on them. Have fun cleaning the pop bumper area. They are under a ton of plastic ramps.

#18 13 years ago

I completely tear down any machine I buy, above and below the PF. There won't be a screw missing or a gram of dirt when I'm done.

#19 13 years ago

Originally posted by SealClubber:

"I completely tear down any machine I buy, above and below the PF. There won't be a screw missing or a gram of dirt when I'm done."

I wish there was some way to instantly beam all your pin restoration knowledge into my head. It sure would be nice to pick up games relatively cheap and bring them back to life. As it stands, I have no choice but to pay people like yourself to restore them for me. I'm sure I could learn the ropes if I really set my mind to it, but I'm just not a very mechanically oriented guy.

#20 13 years ago

Anyone have LEDs in a Corvette? If so, which did you use in the GI lighting?

#21 13 years ago

Corvette is a fun game i used to play it a a lot over my friends house untill he broke it =(. But i still got to play the aerosmith arcade game at his house that was given to him from joey kramer =).

#22 13 years ago

Yes, good game - I have seen at the Koog , and near home , when i refused to buy mine .
The shape of your Playfield seems good !
The Corvette pin isn't so rare here , but the corvette Cars , yes they are !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Smyrna, TN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/corvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.