IMG_0500 (resized).jpg
IMG_0498 (resized).jpg
IMG_0433 (resized).jpg
IMG_6548.jpeg
IMG_4535 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4533 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4534 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1262 7 years ago

Had the good fortune to join the club this week. OG holo is super nice and green. Really digging it.

Just curious to see if anybody has installed the GI OCD? The fading effects are so great but can't deal with the LED flickering. I know it removes the chase lamps from animating, and was curious if anybody has tried it and thinks it's worth the trade off.

Thanks!

8f83090345a96b598678800c728882b651c0554a.png.jpg8f83090345a96b598678800c728882b651c0554a.png.jpg

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from fmofmpls:

Kinda of a newbie when it comes to tapping into the back box (or coins door), so any detailed info and/or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure somebody will have a more elegant solution, but you could run the power cord through the machine and tap into the service outlet. That way it's only on when the machine is.

#1265 7 years ago

Good to know, yeah... don't do that then haha. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#1293 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Picking my CFTBL up on Thursday. I'm very excited to be joining this club! CFTBL is such an amazing game. I've spent hours playing it on Pinball Arcade.

Congrats! I just got one too. Such a beautiful game. Prepare for it to be MUCH more difficult than the virtual version

#1295 7 years ago

I'm a huge fan of mods. Honestly, there's so much great looking stuff in this game you don't need that much for this. Mine has a color DMD, chrome trim, lit pop bumpers, pinbits holo lamp, a lit up classic car for the kiss lane, and an led-ocd. Shoot, that's still kind of a lot haha. It's your game, go nuts and have fun with it!

#1300 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's the exact same set of mods mine has. I quite like the drive in billboard mod but honestly it doesn't add much to the game - still a cool add on though! My favorite mod is the lit pop bumpers - hardest one I did but it really makes the game look great, especially in that dead unit area near the lanes. I never quite bought into the "he's supposed to be in the trunk so it should be dark" argument.. I am changing mine out to the teal Color though - the orange is a little overwhelming

Mine came with the lit bumpers, I do very much like the teal. I presume swapping out the pop bumpers themselves is much easier than installing the lights? I'd love to do the bumpers and paid plastics i teal. I also REALLY want the pinsound, is there a preview link for wool's mix?

#1301 7 years ago

Regarding LEds, please resist the urge to put colors into the GI for the most part

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

he bumpers in teal look great but the lane guides in teal were just too much for me. I changed the lanes back to orange to mimic the sun setting and liked it much more.

I'm a believer thanks

3 weeks later
#1407 7 years ago

Mine had the same issue. With the power on, have you tried jiggling the connector? If the light pops on at anytime, even briefly, you just need to reflow the solder. It's stupid easy as it's a literally a giant hunk of solder surrounding the male pin, this isn't delicate board work. I hd to do the same thing on my White Water. Even if you mess something up, you were going to have to send it out anyways

Good luck!

4 months later
#1542 6 years ago

YESSSSSSSSSS........

panel (resized).jpgpanel (resized).jpg

5 months later
#1855 6 years ago

Tech question: my popper (M in film area) popped off

I can find the part online which is the round cup for the ball, but the long piece it screws into (which goes into the coil) is not labeled in the manual. It looks like the bottom of it, which I presume attaches to something, got chipped... I slid it back in and of course it shot out like a rocket into the ball guide doh.

The only luck I’ve had is the entire assembly, which is out of stock everywhere.

Any idea what part number this is so I can fix? Cheers.

67085CA2-875B-49A1-A3E8-829C2B812490 (resized).jpeg67085CA2-875B-49A1-A3E8-829C2B812490 (resized).jpeg
3C51E16F-29B8-41CE-BEBA-E9495319F05E (resized).jpeg3C51E16F-29B8-41CE-BEBA-E9495319F05E (resized).jpeg

#1857 6 years ago

EDIT: I'm an idiot and you are correct, cheers!

Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi GB,
Review the diagram below

Hey thanks! Unfortunately that’s not the right one. The piece I uploaded pictures of is different, I believe yours is for a different popper setup. Mine is the M in film area.

C49CE0C3-FCC2-4FE1-B889-1E19A5531CE8 (resized).pngC49CE0C3-FCC2-4FE1-B889-1E19A5531CE8 (resized).png

#1860 6 years ago

Thank you gunstarhero and GRB1959 for the help!

Quoted from adamross:

Has anyone installed Pinsound board with the Wool mix? The file doesn't seem to be accessible on the pinsound community board.

I do. You need to make an account to download it. If that doesn't work for some reason PM me and I can upload it for you

#1863 6 years ago

Ug already placed the order! I thought that was already attached to the plunger... the black piece?

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ahh that’s right gunstarhero but that dowel usually falls out when it breaks right?

I believe I'm holding it LOL. It had been ejected halfway through the ball guide with the cup still attached to it. I blew F116 when it happened, thought it was a simple power overload from my new pinsound but something obviously shorted in the mechanism during the mayhem.

After replacing my fuse and playing a test game the ball went into the hole, albeit much lower than usual... four sad attempts later it popped up and slammed into that piece which I hadn't even noticed. Oh pinball, you so crazy

#1867 6 years ago

I'll check in next week after I get my replacement part. Thanks again for your help!

1 week later
#1887 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

A-14585 is the right plunger for the Slide (M letter) as the one at the end of the subway, while pretty much the same, is about a half inch shorter:
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=02-4668

gunstarhero Update... I installed it no problem, but the cup is sitting up slightly too high and of course the optos are picking it up. It fires over and over since it thinks it's a ball.

Would the best course of action be to simply cut off a bit of the black end that the cup screws into? Not sure how far down the threads go. Adding washers under the entire mech wouldn't work as the optos would move down with the entire thing as well.

Cheers.

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You can either:
Remove the rubber stopper on the bottom of the metal bracket if there is a LOT of room you need to move the plunger down, or
Slightly, SLIGHTLY bend the bottom metal bracket down some to get it to sit lower.

Interesting, yeah it definitely needs to go down a fair amount. Would removing the rubber stopper have any negative effects on wear and tear etc...?

Curious if there might be a slightly shorter part in production I could pick up as well, and why the recommended piece the manual calls out is too long.

Thanks @coyote!!!

#1890 6 years ago

Hmmm... looks like I grabbed the wrong part. This seems to be 1/4 shorter and should do the job.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.28.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.28.50 PM (resized).png

#1893 6 years ago

No worries! I'll try snipping the old one and if that doesn't work I'll just grab a new one. Cheers.

2 months later
#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Yay! A GREEN CREATURE will be back in my cabinet!

Welcome back!

IMG_7902 (resized).jpegIMG_7902 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cftbl-fans-and-members-welcome?tu=gorillabiscuits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.