(Topic ID: 106377)

Captain Neo's Playfield restorations is now taking work again.

By CaptainNeo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Finally caught up with everything, and my Locomotion restoration is finally done. Able to start taking playfield work again. Took a year off only doing basic clearcoating. I will only be taking work in limited supply at a time. Do not want to get overloaded again. So it's basically first to arrive basis.

www.playfieldrestoration.com

If you want a quote. email me nwojedi at hot mail dot com. With pictures of the Top, middle and bottom sections of the playfield. close up of problem areas you want addressed. if it's populated, I can only give quotes for level 2 restorations. Also, need to know how much mylar i'll have to address, as well if it's going to be fully depopulated, GI braid still in place, or fully stripped.

Still not taking fully blown out stuff. I might be persuaded but probably not.

#2 9 years ago

Current turnaround time for basic Clearcoating is around a week to 10 days.

#3 9 years ago

I'm getting my Addams Playfield done by CaptainNeo and I'm excited! I'm seen his work and it's great!

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bay78:

I'm getting my Addams Playfield done by CaptainNeo and I'm excited! I'm seen his work and it's great!

Post pics, I am shopping around for my playfield being restored.

#5 9 years ago

When it's done I will. I haven't given it to him yet as were going to be meeting sometime here at Expo!

#6 9 years ago

You willing to do a BOP PF? Would rather have my stocker restored vs a repo.

I'll get some pics and shoot them to you. The center section needs to be redone and it has typical color variation from where I removed the mylar.

#7 9 years ago

Neo did my TAF pf and it look great!!!

Game is on route at Pooley's in Madison for anyone that wants to see it.

#8 9 years ago

Bump . . . Neo does great work!

#9 9 years ago

Did great work on my Taxi.

#10 9 years ago

Neo did my AFM and TZ and did a great job. Communication was good and his turn around time as well. Thanks Neo!

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

You willing to do a BOP PF? Would rather have my stocker restored vs a repo.
    I'll get some pics and shoot them to you. The center section needs to be redone and it has typical color variation from where I removed the mylar.

restored is better than Repo when your putting it back together. It's nice to have the screw holes where you need them. Doing NOS or repo, especially if it's not dimpled is a PIA sometimes.

#12 9 years ago

Email sent about a BoP restoration.

Thanks

#13 9 years ago

Neo has done two restos for me and another clearcoat job. He's the only person I would send any restoration to.

#14 9 years ago

Picks loaded to DB. I sent you an e-mail as well as a link to the DB. Forgot to add in the e-mail that it would be a bare PF as I would remove everything. I would consider keeping the side rails on it for shipping if that would be safer for it but could remove them as well.

#15 9 years ago

I'll get pics to you later on FH.

#16 9 years ago

Wow, lot of BOP playfields that need loving. Had 4 requests for BOP.

this is one field that needs to be repo'd. It's very expensive to restore if it's not diamondplated.

Problem with BOP is the same problems that plague Taxi, cyclone and Funhouse.

They put full playfield mylar in the center. Which is great for the center. Problem is, it goes through a lot of colors around the field. So the areas not covered in mylar, get yellow, dingy and look terrible. And impossible to get clean like the mylared areas. Which means the entire outside areas have to be repainted along with the same connecting color inside the mylar. It's a ton of repainting, and usually light colors like the light gray, have to be all repainted. Which in BOP and Taxi, is 75% of the playfield. Which brings up the restore cost almost the cost of the entire machine. If it's a $4000 machine, is isn't as bad, but when your talking about $800-$1400 machines, it's a big hit.

#17 9 years ago

As one of the BOP requestors I understand completely. The dynamics will change a little though for BOP 2.0 machines. It remains to be seen what that will do to the value.

#18 9 years ago

Major bummer about the BOP PF's. Thanks for the quote though. I'll have to think it over a bit and will let you know. Got a lot of $$$ in this game already but I really need a new PF to match the rest of the game.

- New Cab decals
    - new plastics
    - new ramps
    - new helmet
    - New backglass
    - New miniplayfield
    - 2.0 kit

I wonder what a fully restored BOP 2.0 would even be worth. If they never do a Repo then probably a fair amount. If they do a repo probably not so much. Hmm...

#19 9 years ago

pm sent on my Stern NFL

#20 9 years ago

Neo's done 1 touchup for me and 2 clears. Excellent work...recommended..

#21 9 years ago

PM sent on my Earthshaker.

Thanks!

#22 9 years ago

HELL YES!

Will be emailing ES pics when I get home!

#23 9 years ago

Neo does fantastic work. Had him do my Solar Fire upper playfield and my Star Gazer with the "mystery tassle" mistake. They look better than brand new. Amazing guy with equal talent.

#24 9 years ago

Yea!! Welcome back Neo

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/captain-neos-playfield-restorations-is-now-taking-work-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.