Buying LoTR

By salimus78

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I do not have the space or the money to become a collector, so I am trying to find the game I have enjoyed the most for my one shot ( wife won't allow me to have multiple). I am looking for a normal or collector's LoTR machine around $3000 in good condition. I will consider one with defects for less or possibly paying more for a mint machine. I would accept help from anyone who can help me find a machine at this price, this is definitely the one I want.

P.S.

I'm in the St. Louis area

thanks again!

#2 13 years ago

thats what everyone says at the start. I just need one lol. good luck with your search.

#3 13 years ago

I have been looking at prices of LOTR and I think you should expect to pay at least $4,000.

#4 13 years ago

keep in mind that with only one pin you only have one choice when you want to play. It's a little like only playing one video game for a system.

#5 13 years ago

3k will be a tuff find - as this is a very popular game. I don't want to discourage you for trying - but I was looking at one point and couldn't find anything less than the 3800 mark.

#6 13 years ago

Have you played any pinball at CP Pinball? They are just east of St Louis in Illinois and have about 80 machines. That way you could see if others fit the bill and/or spread your wings a little so you won't get tired of your one.

www.cppinball.com

#7 13 years ago

I managed to snag a HUO 750 plays LOTR for $3100 - this isnt typical, but you might be able to find something in that range or a few hundred more. Post up on RGP also.

#8 13 years ago

Also remember there is a regular and special edition of this game. The special edition has gold legs, trim, backglass, etc. There is also a shaker motor option most people prefer.

Good luck on your hunt. The best deal I could find was $5000 for a NIB special edition machine with shaker motor and free shipping.

#9 13 years ago

If your only getting one - LOTR is one that keeps you coming back for more....This is my last pin - I said that a few times.

#10 13 years ago

Brokedad.... where was that deal I want it....

#11 13 years ago

Perhaps you may find a deal in late winter? - Jan./Feb. ?
good luck with your LOTR search - a fine game

#12 13 years ago

I found it using www.dogpile.com coasterguy. That search engine does all of the major ones inclusive. I can't remember now what I did exactly for search terms.

#13 13 years ago

My conversation with the wife went something like this, "Honey, I know I said that I only wanted the one, but I think that I really need the second one before the baby comes. It will be my last chance to spend money on myself."

She said, "If I let you have the second one, can we make a rule that you can only have two in the house at any time?"

And I say, "Fair enough, two it is."

#14 13 years ago

My wife and I had that conversation. For me it was 3. I found space for a fourth.

#15 13 years ago

thats funny to hear others talk about it...for me the 2nd one was the hardest one to get my wife on board with. I think once she realized it wasn't a typical 'phase' for me, and that she enjoyed them too, the 3rd and 4th ones were just a matter of finding the space.

#16 13 years ago

I've reached ten machines , and the wife has a pinball "overdose" - i should find now a machine for her to pass through this situation. ...

For LOTR : it sounds we have the same level of prices for LOTR in France - please find a recent ad made by a professionnal : (4400 USD )

http://www.leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/159082322.htm?ca=7_s

#17 13 years ago

LOTR now or wait to see what TRON has to offer. I just can't help to think that Tron could be an amazing pin theme.

#18 13 years ago

Is Tron anything more than a pipe dream? I mean, it premiers next week and I haven't seen anything from Stern about the pin.

#19 13 years ago

I was told may 2011.

#20 13 years ago

I can't find that post again ... but here is a zero play special edition floor model for $5253 with a mention of free shipping allowance.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/lord-of-the-rings-pinball-machine-special-edition-look-177664179?source=eisi

If you are seriously interested it might be worth contacting them and make an offer. No idea on this deal or seller so you are on your own there.

#21 13 years ago

May huh. I wonder why so late. In 6 months the movie will be on DVD and probably forgotten.

#22 13 years ago

I dunno that's what I was told from what I would call a good source. We'll see.

#23 13 years ago

Nice find brokedad! I will send them an offer, it might be worth paying a little extra for something that mint and collectible. I have never been to CP pinball seal, but I actually made plans to go there with a buddy from work next Friday. I just wanted to make sure I tried all the machines out there before I settled down with the right one Kind of like college you know?

#24 13 years ago

I've never been to CP Pinball, but I have heard that they keep their machines in meticulous condition. You couldn't ask for a better place to try out a bunch of different A-list games.

#25 13 years ago

The shaker is readily available. I'd install one. With it being prewired the installation would be a breeze.

#26 13 years ago

The hardest part of installing a shaker in the new Sterns is drilling the holes to mount it. The wiring is as easy as plugging in the connector.

#27 13 years ago

Being in Alaska SC knows all about drilling (many things)

#28 13 years ago

I prefer to drill in a hole which is already there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eau Claire, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buying-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.