• Latest reply 6 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2340 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I’ve never seen this in 7+ years of playing this game.

Playing Iron Man (still running 1.4 on competition settings because I like the 50 M jackpot).

I have Monger raised working toward multiball and War Machine multiball is lit. I start Monger mb and of course the WM multiball light disappears. (I know the stacking order has to be start War Machine and then Monger.)

At the end of Monger multiball I have one ball trapped on the right flipper, so before he lowers, I see the WM light is now on so I hit and start War Machine and somehow Monger multiball stays active with both multiballs running! I was shocked!

I tried several times to replicate it with the glass off to see if that was a feature I’ve been missing all these years, but couldn’t get it to happen.

Anyone seen that happen before? I’ve never seen that happen in thousands of plays. Wish I had a video of it.

#2 6 years ago

Can't say for sure on that game, but 'resurrecting' a multiball by bringing in a other during the grace period is pretty commom

#3 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've done this before as well. Next time I have local access to Iron Man, I'll check it out, but the one near me on route is a real son of a...

But yes, under normal circumstances, you can't bring War Machine in after starting Monger or Whiplash, gotta do it first. Usefulness of sitting on it, especially for Monger, seems limited. I dunno about you, but I don't want to have to make that shot in a 3 or 4 second window. Rushed shots to War Machine usually end poorly.

#4 6 years ago

Played IM the other day and when Monger was lowering, he reached out and grabbed the ball.

IMG_2340 (resized).JPGIMG_2340 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago

I think you added a ball to war machine during the grace period and it kept both modes going. I have not seen that happen once monger is lowered though. I'm running 1.8x (not the latest but what came installed on the first VEs).

Was the shield lit solid on WM?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

I think you added a ball to war machine during the grace period and it kept both modes going. I have not seen that happen once monger is lowered though. I'm running 1.8x (not the latest but what came installed on the first VEs).
Was the shield lit solid on WM?

I don’t know. I’ll have to check it out. I can’t replicate it, but I know for a fact I started Monger, it ended and then I started WM and Monger continued. It was like what happens in CV when starting a mb resurrects other MB’s that we’re running. It was bizarre. Never experienced it prior to today.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Played IM the other day and when Monger was lowering, he reached out and grabbed the ball.

I've got this beat, but I've never seen a ball under the fully lowered cover like that LOL. At least this error should have resolved itself if the ball was able to fall out when it came back up?

I was playing IM in our local league, and I swear to god... the game was already notorious for capturing one ball with the monger cover, but I went the extra mile. I batted two balls away to give myself some time after the last monger hit to lower him for the SJP, but bad bounces meant that they ended up right on the edge of the hole just as the cover came down on them. One lipped out the other was trapped. So I end up with 2 balls on the flippers. Okay...fine...rule was to play through it but had to try to free the ball? Dumb IMO, but sure, let's try that!

Shot from right flipper backhand into now captive ball, and that ball lodges under the cover as well.

Shot from LEFT flipper, screwed it up and hit the now leftmost ball on the left side and OH LOOK NOW ALL THREE ARE WEDGED IN FRONT OF THE MONGER.

/facepalm For whatever reason, the game never raised the bloody monger to release the balls. We decided to play a different game after getting some oxygen because it was so ridiculous. I love IM, but that mech is nothing but trouble!

1 week later
#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've got this beat, but I've never seen a ball under the fully lowered cover like that LOL. At least this error should have resolved itself if the ball was able to fall out when it came back up?
I was playing IM in our local league, and I swear to god... the game was already notorious for capturing one ball with the monger cover, but I went the extra mile. I batted two balls away to give myself some time after the last monger hit to lower him for the SJP, but bad bounces meant that they ended up right on the edge of the hole just as the cover came down on them. One lipped out the other was trapped. So I end up with 2 balls on the flippers. Okay...fine...rule was to play through it but had to try to free the ball? Dumb IMO, but sure, let's try that!
Shot from right flipper backhand into now captive ball, and that ball lodges under the cover as well.
Shot from LEFT flipper, screwed it up and hit the now leftmost ball on the left side and OH LOOK NOW ALL THREE ARE WEDGED IN FRONT OF THE MONGER.
/facepalm For whatever reason, the game never raised the bloody monger to release the balls. We decided to play a different game after getting some oxygen because it was so ridiculous. I love IM, but that mech is nothing but trouble!

Sounds funny. Got a pic?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds funny. Got a pic?

I'll have to go back and dig through my old phone backups if I get some time. Got lots going on today and tomorrow. @_@

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bug-monger-then-war-machine-stack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.