IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6538 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6399 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 225.
#301 11 years ago

pinballcenter.eu has red lightning flippers but they aren't williams name on them. I put them on mine and they are holding up well after about 8 months. I also have williams lightning flippers and they look almost identical.

#302 11 years ago

That's good to know. I heard the current aftermarket lightening flippers break easily.
Tx

#303 11 years ago

http://www.pinball.co/Products/7244-20-9734-7.aspx

Black w/ Williams "W" just don't buy them all! I still offer a couple here and there.

I've stacked all 3 multi balls but of course in the heat of the action lost them all shortly after. Thhhhhhiiirrrrrttttyyyyy miiiiiilllllliiiooonnnnn

1 month later
#304 11 years ago

Does anyone out there have an extra plastic (the long one that goes under the Abbey on the left side of the game)? I have some other plastics for trade and am hoping I can work something out that helps one of you and me at the same time.

Also, I've owned the game now for about a month and while I knew it would be a good game to improve my skills on, I didn't realize how quickly it would pay off. I've had The Shadow for 3+ years or so and never hit the final battle once. After playing BSD non-stop, I went back to TS...scored my first BILLION and hit the final battle two games in a row. Felt pretty dang good.

#305 11 years ago

One of my ramps is a bit tweaked. The ball launch plastic ramp and it causes the ball to miss the standup target half the time.

Do any of you have one of these you would part with?

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Does anyone out there have an extra plastic (the long one that goes under the Abbey on the left side of the game)? I have some other plastics for trade and am hoping I can work something out that helps one of you and me at the same time.
Also, I've owned the game now for about a month and while I knew it would be a good game to improve my skills on, I didn't realize how quickly it would pay off. I've had The Shadow for 3+ years or so and never hit the final battle once. After playing BSD non-stop, I went back to TS...scored my first BILLION and hit the final battle two games in a row. Felt pretty dang good.

Is this the plastic that you are seeking? I have completed 5 orders with the Pinball Center and they ship fast and it takes about 2 weeks to receive the package from the time that I placed my orders.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/dracula-plastic-31174417-p-4278.html?language=english

Gord

#307 11 years ago

Hey Gord...appreciate the heads up!

#308 11 years ago

Just joined the club again. Sold my first one a couple years ago when I was new to the hobby. Had close to fifty machines come and go since- and have realized how awesome BSD is- this one not going anywhere- not making that mistake again. Good news this one much nicer than my original.

Need help with one thing though. The Dracula letter inserts are worn and some letters not complete. Where can I can replacement insert decals?

Thanks for the help- and proud to be a card carrying club member.

#309 11 years ago

Hello again club members. Good to see the club still thriving! ''This is toooo easy...''

I will buy one again, just after some bigger fish for the time being. I just played on location last week though.

As stated above, do not buy the black flippers. The picture I had on the first page was of my game. It would break those in 2 minutes flat everytime. Design flaw.
Go with standard Williams yellow bats (regular length) if you want to dominate the game.
If not, aren't the white lightning bats decent?

The standard bats allowed me to score 6 plus billion, while the smaller bats I only achieved 2 billion, and often times, hard to crack a billion. The standard bats allow for a better stroke on the long shots and ramps, so it's nice In multi-ball. The small lightnings raise hell on everything, making every shot something you need to calculate or compensate for, because there is no room for error with those.

''Yoooou rrr a worthy opponent'' Enjoy!

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello again club members. Good to see the club still thriving! ''This is toooo easy...''
I will buy one again, just after some bigger fish for the time being. I just played on location last week though.
As stated above, do not buy the black flippers. The picture I had on the first page was of my game. It would break those in 2 minutes flat everytime. Design flaw.
Go with standard Williams yellow bats (regular length) if you want to dominate the game.
If not, aren't the white lightning bats decent?
The standard bats allowed me to score 6 plus billion, while the smaller bats I only achieved 2 billion, and often times, hard to crack a billion. The standard bats allow for a better stroke on the long shots and ramps, so it's nice In multi-ball. The small lightnings raise hell on everything, making every shot something you need to calculate or compensate for, because there is no room for error with those.
''Yoooou rrr a worthy opponent'' Enjoy!

The red lightning flips from pinballcenter.eu have held up for close to a year for me.

#311 11 years ago

Having a switch 86 - "magnet unload error" - in regards to Mist. Can anyone help out with some good advice? I would like to fix myself, but have not run across this problem before. Any suggestions?

#312 11 years ago

I was having this problem and ordered a pair of new switches, the ones with the long actuation arms, but after just adjusting the arm to where the mist magnet activated it, this seems to have fixed the problem. I hope this helps some.

#313 11 years ago

I am now a member !! Now I have to read this whole thread. Is it normal for the dmd display to kinda fade a little ? On mine the top middle seems to slightly fade in and out.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I am now a member !! Now I have to read this whole thread. Is it normal for the dmd display to kinda fade a little ? On mine the top middle seems to slightly fade in and out.

nope

#315 11 years ago

Didn't think so lol .

#316 11 years ago

prob

prob just need a new dmd, but check the ribbons first. Maybe you could get one of those new Sigma displays, choose the color red and the upscale smoothing!!! bet that would be dope in BSD!!

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

prob

prob just need a new dmd, but check the ribbons first. Maybe you could get one of those new Sigma displays, choose the color red and the upscale smoothing!!! bet that would be dope in BSD!!

I think the display is amber with that wonderful red filter over it. Choose wisely...

#318 11 years ago

Wish I could join the club.

#319 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Same here. Just found out last night my restorer hasn't found one yet that meets his criteria for the restore. I am still three back in line for my restore so I'm a few weeks away anyway, but now I'm getting nervous. LOL

#320 11 years ago

I'd like to find a BSD...player quality, that would need to be shopped, if anyone has one for sale on the east coast I'd like to hear from you...

Hope to be apart of the club someday...

#321 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

prob

I ordered a new cable, looks like its ghosting slightly , so I know the dmd is ok. It's likely the cable or board.

#322 11 years ago

Proud new owner of BSD as of an hour a go. Glad to be a part of this group!

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

Having a switch 86 - "magnet unload error" - in regards to Mist. Can anyone help out with some good advice? I would like to fix myself, but have not run across this problem before. Any suggestions?

I'm lOOk-n in my manual ,, Give me a Bit ..

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

Congrats. I wish my restorer would get this game sourced for me and get to work on it. I want in on this club before the summer!

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

welcome!

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from Speed:

In the manual , Switch 86 is " Middle 3-bank left " .. Switch #'s 81,82 & 83 deal w/ the magnet ..
Make Sure Both Right & Left gates open so the magnet can store the ball .. Put BSD in Switch test w/ the glass out , take the ball out of the Mist Holding area , ( Which ever side it's in ) and Test the Opto shoot-n across from switch # 52 Opto Left Pocket to Switch 82 or 83 . Do you have a manual ?

2 weeks later
#327 10 years ago

I joined the club today!

bsd.jpgbsd.jpg

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Now a member. Yeah boy!!!

#329 10 years ago

Welcome to the club both of you

#330 10 years ago

New decals and EL tape kit on the ramps. Just need to finish the LEDs yet.....

IMAG0254.jpgIMAG0254.jpg

#331 10 years ago

Wow that EL tape looks fantastic!

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I joined the club today!

Welcome Rascal! Glad you were able to find one.

#333 10 years ago

Love the el wire !!

3 weeks later
#334 10 years ago

i finally picked one up, needs some work but im happy

IMG_20130609_151511.jpgIMG_20130609_151511.jpg IMG_20130611_154943.jpgIMG_20130611_154943.jpg

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

New decals and EL tape kit on the ramps. Just need to finish the LEDs yet.....

Post pictures when you are totally done. That EL tape kit looks amazing on the ramp! Wow!!!!

#336 10 years ago

Just thought I'd share a couple recent pics of my work-in-progress BSD, which I'm hoping to have completely rebuilt before my wedding at the end of July.

2013-06-14-23.16.jpg2013-06-14-23.16.jpg 2013-06-15-18.04.08.jpg2013-06-15-18.04.08.jpg

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Just thought I'd share a couple recent pics of my work-in-progress BSD, which I'm hoping to have completely rebuilt before my wedding at the end of July.

Fantastic looking! Great job.
Don't forget to post when you're done

#338 10 years ago

ok so i figured id post here before trying to make a thread, but my bsd has a problem and i want to see if anyone here may know how to go about fixing it. ok so i turn the game on and i get no errors except for time and date etc bc i have no batteries in currently but when i got to the switch test and i pass my hand through the left ramp opto's Row 1 and 2 ground out and just make shit go ape shit. ive never seen this so i need some insight before i start diving head first in this mess

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

ok so i figured id post here before trying to make a thread, but my bsd has a problem and i want to see if anyone here may know how to go about fixing it. ok so i turn the game on and i get no errors except for time and date etc bc i have no batteries in currently but when i got to the switch test and i pass my hand through the left ramp opto's Row 1 and 2 ground out and just make shit go ape shit. ive never seen this so i need some insight before i start diving head first in this mess

Could you elaborate more on this? Are you saying when these optos are triggered it fires off other switches?

#340 10 years ago

no i shorts the two rows, when i pass my hand through it just shorts the two rows, on the dmd row 1 n 2 are all on then if i back out of the switch edge test and go back into the test menu in general i get row 1 and 2 ground short error on the dmd. its fine until anything passes through that ramp it seems.

#341 10 years ago

The opto receiver voltage increases when the beam is broken ( 11 - 13v I believe) I would start by checking the wiring from that receiver to make sure there are no shorts anywhere. Also check the connectors to Mae sure they're seated correctly i.e. not one row along
Pete

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Can you please tell me what brand/type LEDs you are using under the slingshot plastics? And where did you buy them?

The game looks great!

1 week later
#343 10 years ago

hi,i finally got one. does anybody know where to get slingshot plastics and the up/down ramp. thanks joe

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi,i finally got one. does anybody know where to get slingshot plastics and the up/down ramp. thanks joe

Slingshot plastics are in short supply, so you'll probably need to ask around (maybe make a separate post) or watch eBay. Same goes for the ramp right now, but the one you're asking about *might* be reproduced in the near future by Pinball Inc..

#345 10 years ago

After 9 months I just joined the billionaire club! 3 balls - lightning flippers.

Insane rush and first time I heard 30 million and a ton of jackpots!

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After 9 months I just joined the billionaire club! 3 balls - lightning flippers.Insane rush and first time I heard 30 million and a ton of jackpots!

Isn't that the coolest callout? Good job on the billionaires club, I've done it once at 1.8+ billion. I was hitting so many shots the he couldn't keep up, sounded like he had a stutter.... "Th..th..th..th..thirty million!"

#347 10 years ago

I love my BSD but replacement parts are rare and expensive. I just found a replacement speaker panel and paid an arm and a leg for it.

I hit 1.3 billion this weekend after waxing the playfield...it was amazing...

#348 10 years ago

I have been reading this post for a while now, I am new on pinside and own a BSD, just like to thank the guy way back in the thread about the magnet fix. He suggested to reset machine to fix magnet issues. Worked on my machine. I still have issues where it gives 2 balls instead of one when locking for castle multiball. I think I need to realign the rod that stops the balls.

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I have been reading this post for a while now, I am new on pinside and own a BSD, just like to thank the guy way back in the thread about the magnet fix. He suggested to reset machine to fix magnet issues. Worked on my machine. I still have issues where it gives 2 balls instead of one when locking for castle multiball. I think I need to realign the rod that stops the balls.

I had this problem for a while then I realized it was something in the adjustments menu that you could change to make it hold the balls instead of release them causing two to enter the shooter lane. You may check that out to see if you find anything.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I think I need to realign the rod that stops the balls.

That worked for me. Adjust the ramp over the castle lock to fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,234 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 225.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.