Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

What game has a better flow? AV pro, Avatar, or Xmen?

I like fast games with flow so just trying to see.

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

XMen Pro, hands down. Nothing like a Cyclops-Storm-Iceman-Beast-Rogue combo on the other two. Add in the chaos of the two magnets and you've got a really fast, flowing game...

Later,
EV

#3 10 years ago

There are SO many combo shots in X-Men, it's crazy...When you combo Beast -> Storm -> Iceman, you feel like a champ.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks guys!

#5 10 years ago

I'd have to agree X-Men is probably the way to go for flow. Avengers also has some amazing flow if you get combos going, but the shots are tighter and harder to link together. If you do get a nice combo going though, it's an amazing feeling. For Avengers the LE has the advantage because of the Hawkeye crossover leading to Black Widow and Iron Man combos. For X-Men from a pure flow standpoint, the pro probably has the advantage as you never have to worry about Nightcrawler blocking the ramps to keep the flow going. I personally think the LE toys are worth losing that little bit of flow for, but I understand that many do not agree with that.

Avatar is a great game, but I guess I never think of it as being a very flowy game.

#6 10 years ago

And out of that three, another vote for X-Men. I've never been good at X-Men, but when I watch a good player on it, the game sings.

#7 10 years ago

XMEN Pro of course!

2 weeks later
#8 10 years ago

Xmen if you can stomach the brutally horrible call out's and Avengers isn't too far behind, would rather play Avatar.

#9 10 years ago

No contest, xmen...best flow iver ever seen. TAV is not a flow game, its a shooters game.

#10 10 years ago

I've owned an Xmen LE, Avengers LE Hulk, & an Avatar LE. Xmen by a long shot. Combo system is really cool. But I'd rather own Avatar LE. For me It's a better game. I don't know if that helped or not.

#11 10 years ago

Prob X-Men cuz it has more shots, 3 flippers, 3 ramp shots....but don't discount Avatar. Less stuff - but, there is almost nothing that ever stops the ball. No scoops, no locks...just the pops & the magnet hold for Multiball start. Pretty much constant speed and action.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Prob X-Men cuz it has more shots, 3 flippers, 3 ramp shots....but don't discount Avatar. Less stuff - but, there is almost nothing that ever stops the ball. No scoops, no locks...just the pops & the magnet hold for Multiball start. Pretty much constant speed and action.

While all that is true, it doesn't really equate to flow. It keeps you on your toes though!

#13 10 years ago

Xmen Pro for sure. Although I do enjoy Avatar as well, really under rated game IMO.

#14 10 years ago

Definitely X-Men. Great game!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree. Xmen first, avatar second, avengers last. But avatar does have a lock that stops the ball (link). And the pops hold it a long time.

#16 10 years ago

Wow I must be in the minority here but I would say AVLE over XMEN and AVATAR; for me xmen and avatar just do not have that much flow; the rogue and blackbird shot in xmen kill the flow for that game.

#17 10 years ago

Having owned all three in pro form.
AVpro best package code and great different layout
Xmen Best layout just call outs killed it for me
Avatar Great looker but that's as far as it got for me.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree. Xmen first, Avatar second, Avengers last. But Avatar does have a lock that stops the ball (link). And the pops hold it a long time.

Oh yeah, whoops...forgot about the lock! I guess it's been too long since I've played it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/better-flow-avpro-avatar-xmen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.