IMG_3725 (resized).jpeg
20240425_203721 (resized).jpg
20240425_203629 (resized).jpg
20240421_231731 (resized).jpg
20240421_231645 (resized).jpg
20240425_212502 (resized).jpg
Herbies (resized).jpg
IMG_3713 (resized).jpeg
There are 13,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 264.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Bob Malrey...Legend vinyl on sale for $12.58 on amazon.com

Done and done. Thank you, sir.

IMG_6608 (resized).PNGIMG_6608 (resized).PNG

#402 7 years ago

Anyone like the Beastie Boys?

Here are some excerpts from my collection:

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

» YouTube video

Whoa, that's a lot of rare stuff. Very nice!

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

» YouTube video

Awesome! I miss those guys.

What was that Country Mike D album, hah.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Done and done. Thank you, sir.

Double done! Woohoo!!

IMG_0390 (resized).PNGIMG_0390 (resized).PNG

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome! I miss those guys.
What was that Country Mike D album, hah.

Haha, yes! That's the elusive "Country Mike" album where Mike D hit is head and turned into a Country Music singer.

#407 7 years ago

... reportedly

#408 7 years ago

The only band I ever lost a job over for waiting in line on tickets.

Dead (resized).jpgDead (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-1 (resized).jpeg

#409 7 years ago

Sorry for the multiple images. Why Pinside won't let me delete them I don't understand. ):

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Awesome collection!

#411 7 years ago

I think one of the coolest album ideas was Elvis Costello "Armed Forces".
With the little mini 33 of Watching the Detectives / Accidents Will Happen.
Underappreciated IMO.

IMG_0056 (resized).JPGIMG_0056 (resized).JPG

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Joes garage is my favorite Zappa song. Forever I think.

Catholic Girls is my favorite from Joe's Garage Vol.1.

My favorite Zappa album is Overnite Sensation.

R-692634-1421883896-6871.jpeg (resized).jpgR-692634-1421883896-6871.jpeg (resized).jpg

frank-zappa-overnite-sensation-cd-cover-21777 (resized).jpgfrank-zappa-overnite-sensation-cd-cover-21777 (resized).jpg

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I think one of the coolest album ideas was Elvis Costello "Armed Forces".
With the little mini 33 of Watching the Detectives / Accidents Will Happen.
Underappreciated IMO.

Quoted from SteveO:

Catholic Girls is my favorite from Joe's Garage Vol.1.
My favorite Zappa album is Overnite Sensation.

"How do they go, after the show?..."

Awesome!

#414 7 years ago

Roxy & Elsewhere is a great one. I have the CD too and found that "Cheepnis" was ruined by a remix, not nearly as good as the vinyl.

#415 7 years ago

My fave......

one-size-fits-all- (resized).jpgone-size-fits-all- (resized).jpg

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from RoyGBev:

Roxy & Elsewhere is a great one. I have the CD too and found that "Cheepnis" was ruined by a remix, not nearly as good as the vinyl.

Check out the Roxy and Elsewhere DVD if you haven't already. Outstanding footage of what I consider his best band.

#417 7 years ago

Totally agree "One Size Fits All" is Zapa's best with "Overnight Sensation" a close second. Any Zappa record with George Duke on it was head and shoulders above all his other efforts to me.
On the "Yes" side , here's a couple of framed autographed covers on my wall. Sorry for the reflection. They need Invisiglass !

IMG_3820 (resized).JPGIMG_3820 (resized).JPG

IMG_3821 (resized).JPGIMG_3821 (resized).JPG

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

On the "Yes" side , here's a couple of framed autographed covers on my wall.

Many a bong hit back in the day to "Yours is No Disgrace"

#419 7 years ago

I've been digging for a LONG time and I have to say that Zappa records are just not that easy to come by, especially on the cheap. One Size Fits all may be the only one I've ever found below $10. Zappa fans are just that hard core. I've got lots George Duke records though.

#420 7 years ago

This finally showed up at my house last week.
(in the background, on my board is a set list from Heart at Caesars in Windsor, the last time they were here, signed by Ann & Nancy Wilson)

IMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPG

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

(in the background, on my board is a set list from Heart at Caesars in Windsor, the last time they were here, signed by Ann & Nancy Wilson)

Dude. It is so good! Mine however wasn't perfect. The book inside Magical Mystery Tour started to rip the first time I looked through it. Also, one of the LP's came warped. Doesn't really effect sound quality that I can tell though.

#422 7 years ago

(Yes) I pretty much bought every thing they made that came out on vinyl, including the solo albums by the members of the band. Happy to see them going into the R&R HOF this year.
(Zappa) I too , have a number of George Duke albums. Yep, on vinyl.

#423 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I've been digging for a LONG time and I have to say that Zappa records are just not that easy to come by, especially on the cheap.

The Verve albums from the '60s are especially hard to find in good condition. Out of print since the mid seventies. The DiscReet albums (One Size, Roxy, Apostrophe, etc) were some of the best sounding vinyl of the time. Well worth having.

#424 7 years ago

One of my Columbia Record Club deliveries back in '69.

DSCF5905 (resized).JPGDSCF5905 (resized).JPG

#425 7 years ago

I am a vinyl collector, been collecting since my stepdad gave me one of his Doors records in 1988 after I saw Lost Boys. Had to have people are strange(echo and the bunny men did the Lost Boys version. 30 years later I have over 4000 ups and 3000 45's/7" I mostly collect obscure punk, but I have stuff from every genre and sub genre you can think of. I run a blog on instagram called Smasherscrashers where I post pics of records paired with microbrews.

https://www.instagram.com/smasherscrashers/

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I am impressed!

#427 7 years ago

Following with favorite Zappa...
Zoot Allures. Great tunes.

DSCF5904 (resized).JPGDSCF5904 (resized).JPG

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

May I ask why you would want Beatles in Mono? Their albums are some of the best stereo albums.

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

May I ask why you would want Beatles in Mono? Their albums are some of the best stereo albums.

It's the way that their albums were mixed and originally released, plus it's also what they prefered.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's the way that their albums were mixed and originally released, plus it's also what they prefered.

Even their later albums? Those use stereo to do some wild stuff I guess I just assumed it was what they wanted.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Even their later albums? Those use stereo to do some wild stuff I guess I just assumed it was what they wanted.

Yeah the box set only inclueds up to the White Album. Abbey Road and Let It Be were only released in stereo.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I've been digging for a LONG time and I have to say that Zappa records are just not that easy to come by, especially on the cheap. One Size Fits all may be the only one I've ever found below $10. Zappa fans are just that hard core. I've got lots George Duke records though.

Yes, Zappa has a huge catalog, but they almost never turn up in the used album bins.

A few years ago I found a pristine copy of Sheik Yourbouti at a flea market for $3.
The vendor asked me why I wanted to buy it, because.....you know.....Zappa sucks.

I said, "why are you selling it then?" as I handed him the money.

Unfortunately he (Zappa) has that stigma with some people.

Their loss.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Yes, Zappa has a huge catalog, but they almost never turn up in the used album bins.
A few years ago I found a pristine copy of Sheik Yourbouti at a flea market for $3.
The vendor asked me why I wanted to buy it, because.....you know.....Zappa sucks.
I said, "why are you selling it then?" as I handed him the money.
Unfortunately he (Zappa) has that stigma with some people.
Their loss.

Sheik Yourbouti has the classic "Broken Hearts are for Assholes."

Here is a clip when Zappa was on SNL. He even got Don Pardo involved.

#434 7 years ago

Hello everyone. I was hoping I could ask for some help/advice? Quick story...our neighbor's husband passed away and she is moving to a smaller place. He had a vinyl collection dating back to the 60's with everything very well cared for (very nice condition). She has no need for this collection any longer. I offered to help her find a good home for these LPs but I honestly don't know anything about them or their potential value.

Would it be OK if I posted a few pics of what she has or would that be frowned upon here? I'm just looking to help her with these albums and potentially get her a little bit of money to help with expenses. Most of these seem to be symphony based albums and out of Germany. Some box style sets as well. If this isn't the place for this kind of thing would anyone be willing to PM me with a place that I could go to get some information for her? I thought of this club when she asked me about these things as I've grown to trust many of you within this community on pinball and other matters! In addition, I know that if someone here had interest they would be going to a good home and I would make certain that the purchase price would be advantageous on your end.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Hello everyone. I was hoping I could ask for some help/advice? Quick story...our neighbor's husband passed away and she is moving to a smaller place. He had a vinyl collection dating back to the 60's with everything very well cared for (very nice condition). She has no need for this collection any longer. I offered to help her find a good home for these LPs but I honestly don't know anything about them or their potential value.
Would it be OK if I posted a few pics of what she has or would that be frowned upon here? I'm just looking to help her with these albums and potentially get her a little bit of money to help with expenses. Most of these seem to be symphony based albums and out of Germany. Some box style sets as well. If this isn't the place for this kind of thing would anyone be willing to PM me with a place that I could go to get some information for her? I thought of this club when she asked me about these things as I've grown to trust many of you within this community on pinball and other matters! In addition, I know that if someone here had interest they would be going to a good home and I would make certain that the purchase price would be advantageous on your end.

I am sure there are a few sources for additional info (anybody have something off hand to suggest?),

I probably shouldn't speak for anybody else on here since I'm not the OP, but I realllly do not think anybody on here would mind looking at pics and offering any advise/info/interest they can.

My condolences to your neighbor. It is nice of you to help.

#436 7 years ago

Here are some pics. If this isn't allowed please let me know and I will promptly delete them. Thank you in advance for any help on these as it's completely out of my hobby interests.

20170222_083512 (resized).jpg20170222_083512 (resized).jpg
20170222_084106 (resized).jpg20170222_084106 (resized).jpg
20170222_084644 (resized).jpg20170222_084644 (resized).jpg
20170222_084648 (resized).jpg20170222_084648 (resized).jpg
20170222_084654 (resized).jpg20170222_084654 (resized).jpg

20170222_083512 (resized).jpg20170222_083512 (resized).jpg

#437 7 years ago

Zappa's best records are Hot Rats and Burnt Weeny Sandwich.

Any Townes Van Zandt fans here? I've got all his records on the original Poppy label.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Here are some pics. If this isn't allowed please let me know and I will promptly delete them. Thank you in advance for any help on these as it's completely out of my hobby interests.

Pretty neat but it seems symphony albums aren't highly sought after. I constantly see them in record boxes.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pretty neat but it seems symphony albums aren't highly sought after. I constantly see them in record boxes.

For the most part, that is true. However, some of the rare one's are worth $100's of dollars. People collect everything these days.

ebay.com link: LEONARD BERNSTEIN Mahler No 6 ORIG DGG digital 427697 1 GER 1989 2 LPs MINT

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Your best bet is to get on discogs.com, look up the individual records/sets, and see if they have any value. Like any collectible, only certain records have much value, and the game is changing constantly. My guess, is that those records are not that valuable because symphony music is not really "hot" among collectors. If he had a huge batch of funk 7"s you'd be much more likely to have something. That being said, there are some audiophiles that are heavily into certain presses of classical music and those types of records can be really valuable.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

If he had a huge batch of funk 7"s you'd be much more likely to have something.

Funk 7's. First time I've heard that!

Bought this James Brown around '70 at my local Roses 5 & Dime department store.
WELL worn cover from lots of enjoyment.
The lady made some smart remark at checkout... guess it was that 15 yo white kid in Eastern NC buying "Sex Machine".

DSCF5906 (resized).JPGDSCF5906 (resized).JPG

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Funk 7's. First time I've heard that!
Bought this James Brown around '70 at my local Roses 5 & Dime department store.
WELL worn cover from lots of enjoyment.
The lady made some smart remark at checkout... guess it was that 15 yo white kid in Eastern NC buying "Sex Machine".

Yep, https://www.discogs.com/Manzel-Space-Funk-Jump-Street/release/1248059

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

PM sent

#444 7 years ago

Don't you love it when going through your albums and come across one you forgot you even had...

DSCF5908 (resized).JPGDSCF5908 (resized).JPG

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Any Townes Van Zandt fans here?

I have the CD box set.

He has been called the "songwriter's songwriter".

I would urge anyone who is not familiar with him to explore his work.

E

#446 7 years ago

Speaking of records, I'm thinking about selling some of my prized possessions. I hate dealing with ebay (buyers are complete assholes, will claim a record skips when it's NM just because they have buyer's remorse) Then the seller is stuck with the shipping costs and ends up losing money.

Any one have advice on selling records? I've got great stuff like David Bowie promo's, tons of original mono's (soul, classic rock, folk, country, gospel)

#447 7 years ago

It's George Harrison's birthday Saturday. Happy Birthday George, you were great!
My guitar gently weeps... (at least on my album)...

DSCF5910 (resized).JPGDSCF5910 (resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago

Put together a list of what you have and post it with what you want for it.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Any one have advice on selling records? I've got great stuff like David Bowie promo's, tons of original mono's (soul, classic rock, folk, country, gospel)

I would be interested in buying some for certain.

#450 7 years ago

So are yall gonna change the name to the "vintage" vinyl club? I havent seen a recent band in a while if at all.

There are 13,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 264.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.