IMG_1546 (resized).jpg
IMG_8487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8460 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8427 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1514 (resized).jpg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpg
IMG_1479 (resized).jpg
There are 6,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 123.
#1302 7 years ago

IMG_0763 pe (resized).jpgIMG_0763 pe (resized).jpg

#1303 7 years ago

20160815_202020 (resized).jpg20160815_202020 (resized).jpg

#1304 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

This year I finished my basement and the gameroom is now a cigar lounge as well with ventilation in the ceiling. Winter is coming and while in the past I rarely had a cigar during the cold months I can enjoy one without braving the elements now. My favorite cigars...
Opus X
Padron 1964 natural
Liga Privada no.9
Cuban Cohiba
Cuban H. Upmann

Looks like you have the same NHL table hockey game by Halex I have in my house and seem to be a big hockey fan as it's on the TV. What did you add on top for the glass look effect, never seen that before. I always liked this version as have more control and nice to have face offs when the puck flys out.

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Looks like you have the same NHL table hockey game by Halex I have in my house and seem to be a big hockey fan as it's on the TV. What did you add on top for the glass look effect, never seen that before. I always liked this version as have more control and nice to have face offs when the puck flys out.

Yep, it's a Halex NHL Elite. I have wanted a Super Chexx for along time, but this old table really does play very well. I put 3 coats of Mothers Pure Gold on the ice, pucks floats so nicely and feels more like ice. The flyouts are fun times trying to find the puck when you are 1 goal down with 20 seconds left on the clock, lol. We do a face off in the corner circle it flew out nearest. Well we used to more often...found an old Sportcraft center ice table in the trash. Too much broken to salvage, but the dome!! I used some romex cable to bend 'S' brackets to hold it in place. Fit's just inside the side glass, comes short a few inches over the nets, just enough room to reach down and clear the puck out from behind the net if it gets stuck there. The puck still bounces out, but not as often. Sometimes it comes straight up from behind the goal about a foot and stops right in front of your face, than falls down and right back into play which always freaks me out. I used a soldering pen to melt a slot into the top center to drop the puck in for face offs. I used the base of a lava lamp, rerouted the power cord out the bottom and hung from above to light the ice perfectly without shining in your eyes. Best gaming $250 I ever spent, and funny enough when my teenage son and his buddies hang out down there they usually choose hockey over pinball. Or there cell phones

Now if it would just break so I can justify getting a Super Chexx

#1306 7 years ago

Is the Sinatra worth the extra $$ in your opinion over some of the other releases? I have a lot of whisky, but have not tried any of the higher end Jack Daniels releases. Have you tried the single barrel barrel proof, or the single barrel rye ? Those look interesting to me as I love cask strength whisky as well as straight ryes. I have no reference point, I have never even owned a bottle of Old #7. I don't mind dropping the extra cash on higher end or limited releases, but the more you pay the more butt hurt you are if it doesn't blow you away once you get to sipping.

#1307 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

when my teenage son and his buddies hang out down there they usually choose hockey over pinball.

At least they're not into cigars …yet!

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

At least they're not into cigars …yet!

Lol, true. The thought of sharing a cigar with them a few years down the road is weird right now. They grow up so fast.

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Is the Sinatra worth the extra $$ in your opinion over some of the other releases? I have a lot of whisky, but have not tried any of the higher end Jack Daniels releases. Have you tried the single barrel barrel proof, or the single barrel rye ? Those look interesting to me as I love cask strength whisky as well as straight ryes. I have no reference point, I have never even owned a bottle of Old #7. I don't mind dropping the extra cash on higher end or limited releases, but the more you pay the more butt hurt you are if it doesn't blow you away once you get to sipping.

I try all kinds of whiskeys and bourbons as well. Of course I love my Jack on the rocks and always have to try just about anything by them. I really did enjoy the Sinatra and got mine for $150 I believe, it's nice neat or with the whiskey stones. I usually like my whiskey cold or sometime with an ice ball as well. I have a ton of things Jack Daniels and tried all the gold medal bottles and releases of the 1st recepie which I did not like as not enough charcoal taste like the original. I am not a big single barrel fan but the Sinatra is more like the original in the taste I like. The rye I have not tried as I am told will not like but I am due to go to the store soon so who knows. Thanks for the hockey comment above about your game. I enjoybmi e a lot but no one will play as I have never lost, honestly. I like having the face offs in nearest corner circle as well when puck goes out or even award two points or drinks if I am able to shoot the puck at opponent and hit them.

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Yep, it's a Halex NHL Elite. I have wanted a Super Chexx for along time, but this old table really does play very well. I put 3 coats of Mothers Pure Gold on the ice, pucks floats so nicely and feels more like ice. The flyouts are fun times trying to find the puck when you are 1 goal down with 20 seconds left on the clock, lol. We do a face off in the corner circle it flew out nearest. Well we used to more often...found an old Sportcraft center ice table in the trash. Too much broken to salvage, but the dome!! I used some romex cable to bend 'S' brackets to hold it in place. Fit's just inside the side glass, comes short a few inches over the nets, just enough room to reach down and clear the puck out from behind the net if it gets stuck there. The puck still bounces out, but not as often. Sometimes it comes straight up from behind the goal about a foot and stops right in front of your face, than falls down and right back into play which always freaks me out. I used a soldering pen to melt a slot into the top center to drop the puck in for face offs. I used the base of a lava lamp, rerouted the power cord out the bottom and hung from above to light the ice perfectly without shining in your eyes. Best gaming $250 I ever spent, and funny enough when my teenage son and his buddies hang out down there they usually choose hockey over pinball. Or there cell phones
Now if it would just break so I can justify getting a Super Chexx

Our version is just as fun and we have more control of the puck

#1311 7 years ago

I'll be doing this on Wednesday….

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 11.02.05 AM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2016-12-03 at 11.02.05 AM (resized).jpg

#1312 7 years ago

Hola from Mexico today

IMG_5400 (resized).JPGIMG_5400 (resized).JPG

IMG_5402 (resized).JPGIMG_5402 (resized).JPG

IMG_5401 (resized).JPGIMG_5401 (resized).JPG

IMG_5403 (resized).JPGIMG_5403 (resized).JPG

IMG_5404 (resized).JPGIMG_5404 (resized).JPG

#1313 7 years ago

IMG_5405 (resized).JPGIMG_5405 (resized).JPG

IMG_5406 (resized).JPGIMG_5406 (resized).JPG

IMG_5411 (resized).JPGIMG_5411 (resized).JPG

#1314 7 years ago

And maybe a light snack after a stick

IMG_5407 (resized).JPGIMG_5407 (resized).JPG

IMG_5408 (resized).JPGIMG_5408 (resized).JPG

IMG_5409 (resized).JPGIMG_5409 (resized).JPG

#1315 7 years ago

Hola! Cohiba's look yummy!!

#1316 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Hola from Mexico today

Where in Mexico are you? We leave for Playa del Carmen in three weeks.

Don't you love the Mexican warning signs on tobacco products? Pic of dead rat with R&Js.

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Where in Mexico are you? We leave for Playa del Carmen in three weeks.
Don't you love the Mexican warning signs on tobacco products? Pic of dead rat with R&Js.

Yeah, that dead rat pic is pure awesome

I'm in Mexico City at moment.

#1318 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm in Mexico City at moment.

Such a quant little town.

#1319 7 years ago

What can be better?
Giants (WIN)
Xikar new XO Cutter
Cohiba
Booze
Good Friends

Priceless

IMG_0842 (resized).jpgIMG_0842 (resized).jpg

#1320 7 years ago

^^ tron disc cutter

1 week later
#1322 7 years ago

IMG_0943 (resized).JPGIMG_0943 (resized).JPG

#1323 7 years ago

hope he doesn't try to smoke that remote

#1324 7 years ago

4th day in a row of parties! This one was the Nyack Cigar Club ChristmasFest.
Opus was fantastic!
I bought a cigar and have no idea what it is...but it looks cool!
Tonight Giants Football Party!

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (2) (resized).jpg

IMG_0945 (resized).JPGIMG_0945 (resized).JPG

#1325 7 years ago

what's gunna be your xmas cigar ??

#1326 7 years ago

Cuban Cohiba, natch!

You?

#1327 7 years ago

Hmmm haven't decided yet. Too sober still

#1328 7 years ago

IMG_5360 (resized).JPGIMG_5360 (resized).JPG

#1329 7 years ago

IMG_5362 (resized).JPGIMG_5362 (resized).JPG

#1330 7 years ago

Headed to Cuba next week. Any sleeper sticks outside of CA's top rated picks I should keep my eyes open for? I perfer full bodied sticks.

I'm still working off of my boxes from my last visit; the best of which being the Bolivar Belicoso Fino.

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Headed to Cuba next week. Any sleeper sticks outside of CA's top rated picks I should keep my eyes open for? I perfer full bodied sticks.
I'm still working off of my boxes from my last visit; the best of which being the Bolivar Belicoso Fino.

H. Upmann Magnum 56, pricey everywhere but I think I saw at the official LCDH's they are reasonable by comparison. If you don't mind a larger ring gauge it's a great cigar.

#1332 7 years ago

Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread and Pinside in general. Figured this was the place to show off my Xmas present from the wife. No need for multiple desktops and tupperware for me anymore (for now. lol).
PS: If you happen to be looking closely, the RH is low because I was just organizing everything. The cabinet itself is doing a great job of keeping the RH level so far.

cabinethumi (resized).jpgcabinethumi (resized).jpg

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread and Pinside in general. Figured this was the place to show off my Xmas present from the wife. No need for multiple desktops and tupperware for me anymore (for now. lol).
PS: If you happen to be looking closely, the RH is low because I was just organizing everything. The cabinet itself is doing a great job of keeping the RH level so far.

hOly Bleep

#1334 7 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

present from the wife.

Does your wife have a sister?

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Does your wife have a sister?

Yes, but I picked the least crazy, I mean best of the 3. lol

So what's everyone's NYE cigar going to be?

And has anyone tried this yet? That's what I'll be pairing whatever I decide on, likely a 2015 Upmann Mag 56 that I mentioned earlier and might try one of the LFD Andalusian Bulls from the box the wife gave me.

Dalmore (resized).jpgDalmore (resized).jpg

#1337 7 years ago

Going to Capital Grille for steak dinner at 9:30pm. Staying until 12:15 then going to Porterhouse for cigars and drinks till 5am. (it will be Cubans all night!)
Saul Goodman!
Happy New Year guys!!

hearth and tap cigar room 2016.jpg (resized).jpghearth and tap cigar room 2016.jpg (resized).jpg

#1338 7 years ago

One of these beauties for me... posed with a random bottle of bourbon just for scale

20161230_094319 (resized).jpg20161230_094319 (resized).jpg

#1339 7 years ago

Yes! Those will be my very first cigars! With a Bolivar next....

#1340 7 years ago

Bolivar is my brand. I need a strong cigar packed with flavour, and Bolivar delivers in spades from the Cuban catalog. I'll be looking for a box of Corona Gigantes on this trip for sure. I'm well stocked with Royal Coronas and Finos from a previous trip.

#1341 7 years ago

Sounds fantastic!
Happy New Year!

ted cigar hawaii j 2 (resized).jpgted cigar hawaii j 2 (resized).jpg

#1342 7 years ago

I currently only smoke cigars on super special occasions.

#1344 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I currently only smoke cigars on super special occasions.

It rained here today.

If that's not a super special occasion, I don't know what is!

1 week later
#1345 7 years ago

Time for a new beer that I have saved and second time having this cigar, cigar was ok the first time but not a favorite, hopefully this one is better

IMG_5618 (resized).JPGIMG_5618 (resized).JPG

#1346 7 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yes, but I picked the least crazy, I mean best of the 3. lol
So what's everyone's NYE cigar going to be?
And has anyone tried this yet? That's what I'll be pairing whatever I decide on, likely a 2015 Upmann Mag 56 that I mentioned earlier and might try one of the LFD Andalusian Bulls from the box the wife gave me.

Its great, bit sharper and more flavorful than the 15yr. If you like the delmore flavor, youll love it. (Oban 14 is similar as well)

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Bolivar is my brand. I need a strong cigar packed with flavour, and Bolivar delivers in spades from the Cuban catalog. I'll be looking for a box of Corona Gigantes on this trip for sure. I'm well stocked with Royal Coronas and Finos from a previous trip.

Just picked up a box of carona gigantes on my last trip, amazing cigar, bolivars are highly underrated!

#1348 7 years ago

At JR Cigars in Paramus watching Trump be sworn in…

IMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPG

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just picked up a box of carona gigantes on my last trip, amazing cigar, bolivars are highly underrated!

Alas, I couldn't find Gigantes! I was staying just outside Guardalavaca--the selection was pretty good, however some of more "obscure" sizes and regional editions of the catalogue could not be found. I scouted a Casa Del Habano in the town proper and the resort actually had a well-stocked store which adhered to government pricing (no upcharge!). I filled up my exemption, and the exemption of the non-cigar smokers I was travelling with. I stuck with the brands I know and love: Bolivar, Monte and Partagas...however I did pick up a box of Trinadad Vigia pigtails to try out and grabbed a handful of Hoyo Epicure No.2s (the less-than-full-bodied "old standby" that's packed with flavor).

#1350 7 years ago

Enjoying a My Father right now!
...and grilled octopus

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
There are 6,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 123.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-of-you-guys-and-gals-cigar-smokers/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.