IMG_4614.JPG
IMG_4613.JPG
Tron_video_#_1_001.JPG
Tron_Pro_LE_2D_arrived_020.JPG
Tron_mods_3_010.JPG
Tron_mods_3_007.JPG
Tron_mods_3_003.JPG
Tron_mods_3_001.JPG
There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 11 years ago

A fellow pinhead is buying a NIB Tron and was told that it doesn't have the 3D Translite.. this is news to me! I thought the only difference was the cab decals vs. silkscreening. Can anyone confirm this?

#2 11 years ago

There has been a rumor flying around that Stern is re-running a title....

#3 11 years ago

Shananigins!!!

#4 11 years ago

#5 11 years ago

Bahahahaha I love that movie..

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from EmptyLogic:

» YouTube video

lol.. funny

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

A fellow pinhead is buying a NIB Tron and was told that it doesn't have the 3D Translite.. this is news to me! I thought the only difference was the cab decals vs. silkscreening. Can anyone confirm this?

It wouldn't be worthy of being a Tron pinball without the 3D translite. Cannot believe Stern would ever do this.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It wouldn't be worthy of being a Tron pinball without the 3D translite. Cannot believe Stern would ever do this.

It turns out the rumours are likely true (mid-October release).. just confirming with Starburst here in Canada, but maybe one of the big guys down south can chime in as well

#9 11 years ago

Got my fingers crossed for a Tron Premium or maybe something new like a Tron Pro +. On the order of AC/DC Premium. Stern would make a mint if they released one with lighted ramps, drop targets and Draft Punk multiball. Can't call it an LE or all those owners would be pissed.

Probably dreaming, but if they were to do it I would be first in line.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

would be a letdown without the 3D translight but at the same time would be a huge discount over all these high priced Trons we see now.

#11 11 years ago

Did Stern say Daft punk was a LE only feature? It's code, why not put it in all the games? I mean come on this is ticky-tack.

I can see some features are not included in the pro model but to sell a cripple code version for no other reason than to make it less valuable is bush league.

#12 11 years ago

Next thing you'll see is Stern follow Video game publishers and start paying to unlock additional content already existing in the code.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from kdhunter:

Got my fingers crossed for a Tron Premium or maybe something new like a Tron Pro +. On the order of AC/DC Premium. Stern would make a mint if they released one with lighted ramps, drop targets and Draft Punk multiball. Can't call it an LE or all those owners would be pissed.
Probably dreaming, but if they were to do it I would be first in line.

I think the owners would be pissed either way if they went the premium route. Also don't see Stern doing that.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

would be a letdown without the 3D translight but at the same time would be a huge discount over all these high priced Trons we see now.

I wouldn't expect the price to be any different.. in fact, it'll likely be higher than the original Tron release

#15 11 years ago

I posted a few months ago when Tron was deemed to be done, that if the 3D translight was the hold up, they could find a way around it via a 2D version.

#16 11 years ago

I wouldn't expect the price to be any different.. in fact, it'll likely be higher than the original Tron release

I am talking about used Tron Pro for $5K+ or NIB more than $5200+

I am talking about the street price (not the origional sale price). What I mean is of they make a new batch of NIB Tron all those $5200 NIB from the last batch have to go on sale price.

#17 11 years ago

I have mentioned it a few times on here that a distributor told me that he has been talking to Stern and it looks like a VERY strong rumor. I also heard from another collector who been in contact with one of the largest distributors and they confirmed the same thing, so take that for what it's worth.

#18 11 years ago

I've still yet to play TRON. Maybe they'll keep running them in small batches for another year or two, and I can snag one. It's not like Stern hasn't done that in the past with in demand games.

#19 11 years ago

Agreed. Even when Stern cheaped out on the remakes of SM and BDK with plastic aprons and peg supports the price was not decreased and actually went up from distributors.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Agreed. Even when Stern cheaped out on the remakes of SM and BDK with plastic aprons and peg supports the price was not decreased and actually went up from distributors.

In other words we can continue to expect that every time Stern re-runs a successful title it will likely have lesser quality parts AND cost more? What more could a customer want?

#21 11 years ago

So, as of now, there are no 2D translite's in existence?

If they are doing another run, then please add daft punk multiball and extra ball to the pro

There have been a fair few NIB Trons for sale recently......makes sense now!

#22 11 years ago

Unbelievable. So for months the word is no toys or 3d translites so no more Tron. Go back and see how many people ranted about them stopping production of this amazing game over things they did not care about.
Now they do it and everyone is doing an about face. Sheesh. I hope they read this and don't bother then.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Unbelievable. So for months the word is no toys or 3d translites so no more Tron. Go back and see how many people ranted about them stopping production of this amazing game over things they did not care about.Now they do it and everyone is doing an about face. Sheesh. I hope they read this and don't bother then.

Whoa now. Let's not be hasty. I'm cool without a 3D translight in order to get a Tron NIB.

#24 11 years ago

limited run (100) of NIB Trons has been CONFIRMED for mid-October. No 3D translites also confirmed.

Not sure about the toys.. they were running out of lightcycles by the time I got mine.

#25 11 years ago

Can't wait to get the $8,350 pricing from the distributors on this one....

(rolls eyes)

#26 11 years ago

limited run (100) of NIB Trons has been CONFIRMED for mid-October. No 3D translites also confirmed.

These will be gone by the end of the day. If the keep the prices the same.

#27 11 years ago

Not sure about the toys.. they were running out of lightcycles by the time I got mine.

Where did you read this?

#28 11 years ago

There is an alt tram slight for Tron on the wall behind Borg in the picture stern posted yesterday. Wonder if that's what there using?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

These will be gone by the end of the day. If the keep the prices the same.

Distributors will grab them up quick. Last run prices were $5500-$6000 towards the end once inventory dried up, however i would bet these are under 5K delivered.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

There is an alt tram slight for Tron on the wall behind Borg in the picture stern posted yesterday. Wonder if that's what there using?

Yes it seemed like a not very subtle hint.

#31 11 years ago

mmmmm Tron

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Whenever I read your posts my eyes separate for some reason...my optometrist is baffled

#33 11 years ago

here are the pics...there are differences...I shall say.

tron1.jpgtron1.jpg tron2.jpgtron2.jpg

#34 11 years ago

I thought it was a puppy dog pin...myself....just sayin.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Where did you read this?

This comes directly from Starburst Canada, one of Stern's largest distributors.

#36 11 years ago

Wow...looks like I might be buying another NIB this year if I can land one. Any idea when details and prices will surface?

#37 11 years ago

Tron limited pro...whats the new name for this?

2D translite - with LE code?

#38 11 years ago

Any distributor want to give me the hookup?

Anyone want to buy my soul? It's for sale. Along with my Time Machine, Rollergames, CPS2 boards, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, Turbographix-16 CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, NES, SNES, Odyssey2, CD-i, Wii, PSOne, PS2 Slim, Virtual Boy, and whatever else I can sell for money.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I hope you are able to get one.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyone want to buy my soul? It's for sale. Along with my Time Machine, Rollergames, CPS2 boards, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, Turbographix-16 CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, NES, SNES, Odyssey2, CD-i, Wii, PSOne, PS2 Slim, Virtual Boy, and whatever else I can sell for money.

I'll buy your Turbographx, please

I always thought that Tron had a really sucky limited run. Seems like Stern could have made more money by running it longer.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

I'll buy your Turbographx, please
I always thought that Tron had a really sucky limited run. Seems like Stern could have made more money by running it longer.

If you're serious, lemme know. I've got the hard case and the CD attachment for it. May be missing a power supply. Should have Devil's Crush, Blue Dragon, maybe one other HuCard, and on the CD's Y's 1/2 and Y's 3 if I can find em.

#42 11 years ago

Look on the bright side folks, if they're re-running this title that gives much more hope to future code updates!!!!

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#43 11 years ago

This comes directly from Starburst Canada, one of Stern's largest distributors.

I can cofnrim this... somewhat
I'm afraid that I probably started the rumors on another thread the other day.

I was speaking to Patrick Powers at Stern a couple of weeks back. They had promised to send me a populated playfield to replace my current one due to some serious QC issues and raising inserts on mine. This was all being handled through Starburst and Brock is also in the loop.
When I asked him when I could expect the replacement, he told me that they would likely have to wait until October when they were back in production.
Obviously a light went off.
So it does look very likely that there will be a few more NIB Tron out there soon.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

It is such a fun game I have about 1,700 plays on mine and it is still very fun.
I am glad more people will get to enjoy them.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Look on the bright side folks, if they're re-running this title that gives much more hope to future code updates!!!!

Yeah! Give us a way to get an extra ball besides once out of every 250 games!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If you're serious, lemme know. I've got the hard case and the CD attachment for it. May be missing a power supply. Should have Devil's Crush, Blue Dragon, maybe one other HuCard, and on the CD's Y's 1/2 and Y's 3 if I can find em.

You may see a PM in your near future

Quoted from fattrain:

No more "Where's the AC/DC code" threads!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I thought it was a puppy dog pin...myself....just sayin.

It would be better news than this

Who does not love puppy dogs...

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Yeah! Give us a way to get an extra ball besides once out of every 250 games!

My Tron LE went EB crazy the other day...during one game - 2 from the mystery scoop, and I earned one for spelling Daft Punk!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My TRON LE went EB crazy the other day...during one game - 2 from the mystery scoop, and I earned one for spelling Daft Punk!

And you didn't get Portal? Come on man.....

#50 11 years ago

you take your "Daft Punk" and shove it, Greg.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 1,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-new-tron-batch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.