(Topic ID: 219820)

Williams Coil Naming for SA and SG coils

By cmack750

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0013 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

The coils are really the same. The differences are the way the sleeve installs (Front or rear) and the flanges (or not) on the sleeves.

#6 5 years ago

Coils don't really have "polarity". As long as you have your hot wire and the diode band facing the correct way it doesn't matter. You can even have the coil mounted "backwards" meaning you can turn the coil around so the vibration is lessened on the soldered lug connections.

I have been down the same way as you. When I restore a game I usually change the coils even though the originals are fine. Same reason I change all the IDC connectors with molex. Just because.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Travish.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-coil-naming-for-sa-and-sg-coils?tu=Travish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.