Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31BEAE98-33A5-41E2-9F6A-82A3FE7AB7F7 (resized).jpeg
    2019-05-14 14_15_06-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    2019-05-14 14_14_49-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC_0061 (resized).JPG
    pitch.gif
    59780223-24FA-4607-ABAD-4E220DC416C6 (resized).jpeg
    F415131B-09D3-4556-B569-BE69696B7A31 (resized).jpeg
    C840C0BF-33A1-480A-946E-EA023A8FF625 (resized).jpeg
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Jeez, lighten up. You guys sound so desperate and serious. If you are making deals and throwing cash around based on wild internet rumors I don't know what to tell you. Don't believe anything until Stern makes an official announcement.

I agree on not taking things seriously, but wish the material was actually funny! I’m downsizing my collection and spending more time on other things. Like things that actually make me laugh...

#102 4 years ago

So lying = funny. Got it.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I would love to see a Transfomers VE with G1 artwork like they changed the Spiderman to Comic book artwork

Why? Even with better artwork it's still a lame/grind of a game. Would need a whole new code written for it to make it fun. Without new rules it's just putting lipstick on a pig

#104 4 years ago

Some lies are funny....

Others...

pitch.gifpitch.gif
    #105 4 years ago

Ya'll should know by now I can be a jokester sometimes, though I tend to save it for April 1st. At any rate, I apologize for ruffling the feathers. I too would like to see Tron Vault.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya'll should know by now I can be a jokester sometimes, though I tend to save it for April 1st. At any rate, I apologize for ruffling the feathers. I too would like to see Tron Vault.

Question: Why?

Trons come up for sale. They’re very findable.

Let’s imagine, for purposes of discussion, that a vault would be the Pro, as it was originally released, with the addition of ramp lights and the new stern backbox (sans LCD).

Is there really a huge market for this?

#107 4 years ago

No big deal, you did a community service for everyone to get better material...

#108 4 years ago

Next up is another price hike and more lemmings buying NIB before code matures.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

So lying = funny. Got it.

Yeah, that's humor. You exaggerate and have fun at other people's expense as long as it's not malicious. I make things up all the time to be funny especially with my kids. Think you are supposed to do that by law if you are a dad.

#110 4 years ago

What an attention whore

#111 4 years ago

Eh, whatever.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

I heard next Stern is Blade Runner followed by Mad Max.

I wish!
    Blade runner would be awesome!

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yes ...u won't see me buying another stern. Have fun waiting 3 years to have your code complete like GB... See ya

At least you can actually buy one and they don't feel like a homebrew POS like others...

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It was just a joke. Possibly a horrible joke.

sell your games!

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Yeah, that’s not cool at all. Maybe you were trying to get a deal on someone’s TRON? These are the things that make Pinside difficult. We come here as enthusiasts and have to wade through adolescent jokes. Send the bad Wacky to his room until he can play nicely!

LOl, it was an awesome joke. And if you list a Tron for sale because of what some guy on pinside says about an upcoming release... Well have I got the timeshare for you! Sign right here brosif!!

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Eh, not so sure. A lot of the value in Tron comes from all the sweet mods + chrome hardware.
    MB was a relative bloodbath, but it's good to know you're stoked that I'm taking a bath on my original that I put a ton of work into!
    You'll also be super excited to know the same thing is going to eventually happen with my TOM...
    However: I also had solid deals on my AFMr, MMr, Iron Man Vault, and AC/DC vault... all of which were brought back down to Earth by the remakes. Please note I did not relish the delicious tears of the owners of the originals in the process of acquiring.
    My point? In the end, things even out and I'll be just fine, but you'll still be that random bitter dude who gets off on the financial losses of fellow humans that share a common passion. Go you?

The only people mad about remakes and vaults are people sitting on the originals trying to scalp people as hard as humanely possible. Tron prices are ridiculous plain and simple and we all know the game isn't anywhere near current asking price. Same thing that happened with monster bash. Far from bitter, If a vault/remake sends these prices crashing down and allows more people to own a title than im all for it.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If a vault/remake sends these prices crashing down and allows more people to own a title than im all for it.

Everyone had the chance to buy a Tron NIB how many times? ... three, four, five runs of them? Stern made them, plenty of them. All that will happen in the very slim chance its ever made again will be:

(scenario 1) people will buy them up, they will sit NIB for 3+ yrs, resold at $10k+ .....people will bitch again on Pinside.
    (scenario 2) people will buy them up, throw more junk on them, jack up the prices.... people will bitch again on Pinside.
    (scenario 3) people will buy them up, do nothing to them, increase the price a lot ..... people will bitch again on Pinside.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Why?

1. Stern is a BUSINESS. They will make money. That's why they do what they do.
    2. Demand for them exceeds available supply
    3. Pinball enthusiasts would rather buy a new one than one that's been played 5,000 times but happens to only be a few dollars cheaper.

#119 4 years ago

Bk4! Sword of indifference!

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It was just a joke. Possibly a horrible joke.

*kick in the nuts*

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why?
    1. Stern is a BUSINESS. They will make money. That's why they do what they do.
    2. Demand for them exceeds available supply
    3. Pinball enthusiasts would rather buy a new one than one that's been played 5,000 times but happens to only be a few dollars cheaper.

They re-ran this title, what 4x?

I will disagree with your #3. You can make any game play like new. And the older machines have the benefit of better cabinets and better back boxes.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

LOl, it was an awesome joke. And if you list a Tron for sale because of what some guy on pinside says about an upcoming release... Well have I got the timeshare for you! Sign right here brosif!!

Whatever

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Everyone had the chance to buy a Tron NIB how many times? ... three, four, five runs of them? Stern made them, plenty of them. All that will happen in the very slim chance its ever made again will be:
    (scenario 1) people will buy them up, they will sit NIB for 3+ yrs, resold at $10k+ .....people will bitch again on Pinside.
    (scenario 2) people will buy them up, throw more junk on them, jack up the prices.... people will bitch again on Pinside.
    (scenario 3) people will buy them up, do nothing to them, increase the price a lot ..... people will bitch again on Pinside.

Scenario 4 - prices on the secondary market come down, just like Iron Man and AC/DC, when they got vaulted.

In all your scenarios, the prices go up with more supply......

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Let’s imagine, for purposes of discussion, that a vault would be the Pro, as it was originally released, with the addition of ramp lights and the new stern backbox (sans LCD).
    Is there really a huge market for this?

Because when they come up for sale they have a ton of plays, have a bunch of dolls glued to them and are priced at 7k. I rather pay 5700 for a NIB without the dolls and with a warranty or pay 5k for the used one with the dolls because the pricing gets adjusted. They're going for 7k for a reason and it's because the demand is higher than the supply.

From your tone it seems like you're against Stern doing this, I'm curious why?

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Because when they come up for sale they have a ton of plays, have a bunch of dolls glued to them and are priced at 7k. I rather pay 5700 for a NIB without the dolls and with a warranty or pay 5k for the used one with the dolls because the pricing gets adjusted. They're going for 7k for a reason and it's because the demand is higher than the supply.
    From your tone it seems like you're against Stern doing this, I'm curious why?

I’m not against Stern doing anything. I just don’t see the immediacy, especially since Pristine HUO copies can be had. They’re out there, and there’s lots of nice ones.

This is just me: I prefer the older versions. I’d be tracking that down anyway. Cabinet build quality is better. I like the old wood heads... and there’s the general cheapening of various parts (or removal of parts) on newer games.

I do think $5.7k is a pipe dream. I think you’re looking a premium price w/ship and tax.

But, ultimately, what’s in this for stern? Because Stern is the one that would execute... not the collector that wants to open a game from a box. Beyond a sliver of Pinsiders... is there really a big enough demand for Tron in the real world? I don’t know the answer to that... but it sure seems like they’ve run the game a lot already.

#126 4 years ago

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#127 4 years ago

i think keith elwin is working on something.

mjr

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from MJR8peanut:

i think keith elwin is working on something.
    mjr

You sure?

I heard Stern pays People for doing nothing.

-> sarcasm

#129 4 years ago

Would LOVE a tweaked Avengers with some updates. So would everyone, probably.

I'd take a GOT with updates too!

#130 4 years ago

I have to believe that a Brian Eddy game is next. I don't think we will see a Keith Elwin game until sometime after Elvira hits, as there normally is about an 18 month cycle between games from designers. Of course, this is before the new software/animation hires came on board.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

a Brian Eddy game is next

Will be very interesting to see his first new game in two decades!

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Will be very interesting to see his first new game in two decades!

Pretty sure pinside will hate it!

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Will look at three gainy photos and determine it's the worst shooting game ever.

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Because when they come up for sale they have a ton of plays, have a bunch of dolls glued to them and are priced at 7k.

If in your opinion fiber optic ramps and the 'working' arcade cab and replacement light up cycles are a 'bunch of dolls' then I guess?

Stock Tron Pros look like broken games to me.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have to believe that a Brian Eddy game is next. I don't think we will see a Keith Elwin game until sometime after Elvira hits, as there normally is about an 18 month cycle between games from designers. Of course, this is before the new software/animation hires came on board.

I hope Keith is working on the rumored Zombie Yeti game which is supposed to come out in 2020.

#136 4 years ago

We need a picture of Gary Stern in his office with a hint. Like with Star Wars...

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I hope Keith is working on the rumored Zombie Yeti game which is supposed to come out in 2020.

I am fairly sure Keith Elwin said no more games from him.

#138 4 years ago

Better be better than the last 3.

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Better be better than the last 3.

Lol...

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I already started the club thread so I could bitch about the code.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If in your opinion fiber optic ramps and the 'working' arcade cab and replacement light up cycles are a 'bunch of dolls' then I guess?
    Stock Tron Pros look like broken games to me.

Absolutely. They do nothing to enhance gameplay. If gluing some Xmas ornaments to a game makes it feel more complete to you then go for it. Just not my thing.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Absolutely. They do nothing to enhance gameplay. If gluing some Xmas ornaments to a game makes it feel more complete to you then go for it. Just not my thing.

Haha well if you don’t think the ramp lights enhance gameplay then that’s cool for you I guess, but I had zero interest in owning a Pro until the fiber optic kit came out. Without it the game isn’t nearly as enjoyable.

#143 4 years ago

It would be cool if they did a Thor game like Deadpool, comic not MCU

#144 4 years ago

Stern Cat woman.

DSC_0061 (resized).JPGDSC_0061 (resized).JPG
    #145 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought the rumor was a Catman art package on BM66 Premium?!

Catwoman

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #146 4 years ago

2019-05-14 14_14_49-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-05-14 14_14_49-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-05-14 14_15_06-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-05-14 14_15_06-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#147 4 years ago

I was always 100% positive they'll eventually do the Munsters Premium in color.

But I didn't think this fast.

(But hey... AC/DC Luci Vault!)

But yeah, all the "if you want the full experience in COLOR you have to buy the LE" are sold, so... why not.
    Doesn't speak for the sales tough.

Munsters playfield look badly shopped/ stretched.

#148 4 years ago

I'm hoping for an Uhura version of Star Trek....

3 weeks later
    #149 4 years ago

Not next but soon!!!!

31BEAE98-33A5-41E2-9F6A-82A3FE7AB7F7 (resized).jpeg31BEAE98-33A5-41E2-9F6A-82A3FE7AB7F7 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #150 4 years ago

Next Jurassic Park.

Not that anybody didn't knew yet, but with this info the thread can be closed.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-from-stern-after-bk3/page/3?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.