(Topic ID: 346756)

What Rock bands are still left for a pinball machine?

By cottonm4

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 502 posts
  • 193 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2958 (resized).png
    dicke-titten-fourth-new-single-and-video-from-rammstein (resized).jpg
    Roger pinball (resized).jpg
    Pete pinball (resized).jpg
    John pinball (resized).jpg
    Keith pinball (resized).jpg
    e2UHFR5 (resized).jpeg
    7c9739651d7c2b6d931369ade54c8343 (resized).jpg
    Four (resized).jpg
    140DEA1F-1FCE-4002-9DF9-5B08AEA1E8CF (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6058 (resized).png
    GWAR (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3608 (resized).jpeg
    history-of-hanna-barbera-the-banana-splits-adventure-hour (resized).jpg
    520-5208295_misfits-logo-png-misfits-skull-black-transparent-png.png
    Misfits_-_Earth_A.D._cover.jpg
    There are 502 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 5 months ago

I hope we see a band pin break for some time. The most likely one I think is the rumored Metallica redo which id be all over. Hope they dont change the layout

#102 5 months ago

Waiting on Haggis to make The Wiggles!!

D50CC5D8-EB74-4C5F-A5D0-EED4237342D5 (resized).jpegD50CC5D8-EB74-4C5F-A5D0-EED4237342D5 (resized).jpeg
    #103 5 months ago

Five Finger Death Punch
    Shinedown
    Halestorm
    Volbeat

#104 5 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And wondering wtf happened to Stairway. The only song they might know

IMG_0641.gifIMG_0641.gif
    #105 5 months ago
    Quoted from JeremyO:

My favorite band of all time: Pearl Jam
    From a marketing standpoint it is pretty brilliant as PJ fans are pretty much the new KISS fans and the merch scene is insane. I know non-guitar players that bought the McCready strat and it would open the hobby up to non regular pinball players.
    You have amazing songs for modes:
    Blood
    Given to Fly
    Rear view Mirror
    DOTC
    Why Go
    Last Exit
    Obviously a dream theme for me but also a really great marketing opportunity… cmon Stern!

Jeremy and Better Man multi-ball!!!

#106 5 months ago

How has hootie and the blowfish not been mentioned?!

#107 5 months ago

If JJP can redo a GNR they should give Stones a go. If Elton was the Stones with 20 songs, footage, call outs from Mick, Keith annd Ronnie and all the bells and whistles it would sell. These guys still have it and license a ton of stuff.

#108 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:GNR’s value has dissipated like a fart in the wind.

That’s because the new GNR pin sucks. I’ll take the DE game any day over the JJP. Besides, all anybody thinks of when they hear GNR is fat Axel.

#109 5 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Nobody wants what’s “relevant” today in a pinball machine.
    Imagine Dragons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bad Bunny, Drake, The Weekend to name a few.

Well, my wife would likely demand an Imagine Dragons pin purchase were it to exist.

#110 5 months ago

No mention of Scorps?

Stern would sell like dozens of them!!!

Levi and I would be LE buyers(that's two buyers Stern)

#111 5 months ago

I close my eyes and dream of the next Stern music pin...it is loaded and it is sweet....just like getting Led Zeppelin and deciding the first song to play.....a celebration if you will....what song to choose for this epic title to play first?...and the answer is...

-Sometimes dreams do come true

#112 5 months ago
    Quoted from JeremyO:

My favorite band of all time: Pearl Jam
    From a marketing standpoint it is pretty brilliant as PJ fans are pretty much the new KISS fans and the merch scene is insane. I know non-guitar players that bought the McCready strat and it would open the hobby up to non regular pinball players.
    You have amazing songs for modes:
    Blood
    Given to Fly
    Rear view Mirror
    DOTC
    Why Go
    Last Exit
    Obviously a dream theme for me but also a really great marketing opportunity… cmon Stern!

#113 5 months ago

Ozzy (or Sabbath) and Pink Floyd. These could be epic if done right.

#114 5 months ago
    IMG_6498 (resized).jpegIMG_6498 (resized).jpeg
    #115 5 months ago

I agree with this actually. Not a huge fan but would be good for pinball.

#116 5 months ago

SLAYER
    BLACK SABBATH
    PANTERA
    ANTHRAX

#117 5 months ago

Rock bands? Already the theme is dated.

Rap needs to be represented at some point. Or not and just drop the music themes.

#118 5 months ago

GABBY GABBY HEY !!!!

#119 5 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Rap needs to be represented at some point. Or not and just drop the music themes.

Rap is crap

#120 5 months ago

A Johnny Cash machine would have been cool 40 years ago.
    A U2 pinball machine would have been fun 25 years ago.
    A Michael Jackson machine would have been great around 1990.
    I would enjoy a Tim Burton and Danny Elfman Nightmare Before Christmas pinball machine that had original music from the movie.

#121 5 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

It's not about representation. It's what will sell.

#122 5 months ago

Slayer pinball!

#123 5 months ago

Ministry

#124 5 months ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

How about a Beatles redo and an apology for the abomination that they made? And while we're at it, the Rolling Stones machine is 11 years old and quite a stinker at that. There is no reason why the two greatest and most important bands of all time have the two worst rock-themed pins.
    And Pink Floyd seems on the surface that their music would be no good for a pin. But just picture the lead up to the second solo in Comfortably Numb as your ball comes crashing through a wall, and I think you can get the idea for how good it could be. Floyd has so much pin-friendly imagery from the prism, to the pig, to the hammers (hey, my long-time avatar), etc., that it begs for a pin.

Well, since Jethro Tull never got a second mention, I suppose Pink Floyd would work. With a couple of flying pigs for a topper.

#125 5 months ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Besides, all anybody thinks of when they hear GNR is fat Axel.

axel (resized).jpgaxel (resized).jpg

eddie-murphy-the-nutty-professor.gifeddie-murphy-the-nutty-professor.gif
    #126 5 months ago

Yep. It's a fad and I don't think it's ever going to catch on!

#127 5 months ago

RHCP. Take my money.

#128 5 months ago

Top 5 suggestions for rock band pins not yet made:

1. Van Halen
    2. Van Halen
    3. Def Leppard
    4. Van Halen
    5. Journey

#129 5 months ago

King diamond would be the best theme ever on a pinball. However i would probably be one of the very few to buy it

#130 5 months ago

Motörhead
    Judas Priest
    Misfits

#131 5 months ago

Someday...

264864187379-limp-bizkit-nookie_music_video_ov (resized).jpg264864187379-limp-bizkit-nookie_music_video_ov (resized).jpg
    #132 5 months ago
    Quoted from Dirk:King diamond would be the best theme ever on a pinball. However i would probably be one of the very few to buy it

I saw them twice in NY! Last Nov in Brooklyn. Amazing shows.

#133 5 months ago

I'd buy a Stern Black Sabbath.

A TOOL pin could be amazing if done right.

SLAYER would be rad, but I don't see that theme ever making it to fruition.

#134 5 months ago

Just a friendly reminder that seeing kids today wearing T's of bands that were popular in our time, doesn't make them relevant. It just means the bands had great design and marketing when they WERE relevant, and there was a sale in the Men's Apparel section of Target or Kohl's.

#135 5 months ago

Tool.

#136 5 months ago

Greta Van Fleet feels like a good high energy young band that won't offend the boomers.

#137 5 months ago

Relevance. Well, it doesn’t matter what is relevant to young people now. Only what is relevant to old people who will buy pinball machines. At that is only irrelevant bands. So here we have a paradox where the irrelevant is relevant.

#138 5 months ago

Old bands "NOT RELEVANT!"

Newer bands "NOT RELEVANT!"

You all can't make up your minds

Quoted from bigehrl:

Just a friendly reminder that seeing kids today wearing T's of bands that were popular in our time, doesn't make them relevant. It just means the bands had great design and marketing when they WERE relevant, and there was a sale in the Men's Apparel section of Target or Kohl's.

I was just at an Iron Maiden concert and it was packed with kids under 20. Some bands just are eternal.

#142 5 months ago

Shit not sure any of those are rock. Sorry. Ya, no rock band pin is going to do fuckall probably now.

#143 5 months ago

Noone
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#144 5 months ago

I really don't think any more "Rock" titles are needed but if I had to pick a short list:

Muse
    Radiohead
    Frank Zappa
    Cheech & Chong

The are plenty of others with niche to wider appeal. "Rock" is almost dead at this point.

Pink Floyd
    The Who
    Jimi Hendrix
    Jethro Tull
    King Crimson
    Yes
    Deep Purple
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Van Halen
    Black Sabbath
    David Bowie
    Devo
    The Doors
    Black Flag
    Dead Kennedys
    Grateful Dead
    George Clinton / Parliament
    Sly & the Family Stone
    Stevie Wonder
    Herbie Hancock
    James Brown
    The Kinks
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    The Police
    The Ramones
    Santana
    Styx
    The Blues Brothers
    Nirvana
    Pearl Jam
    Pantera
    Suicidal Tendencies
    Nine Inch Nails
    Chemical Brothers
    Ministry
    Queens of the Stone Age

#145 5 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:I was just at an Iron Maiden concert and it was packed with kids under 20. Some bands just are eternal.

the bands that I had in mind were more along the lines of Nirvana, Misfits, The Dead, just to name a few. I don't know if anyone ever accused Maiden of being irrelevant. they're an arena staple. The chief complaint on that pin was from folks who just don't like their music.

#146 5 months ago

Damn, this thread is all over the place with mediocre ideas. That's probably why they need to shelve the music pins for a while.

Foo A Smith values? Like a giant "bubble popping" and spraying little turds everywhere.

I also like the Levi "fart in the wind" analogy.

#147 5 months ago

Simon and Garfunkel, obviously. but maybe Paul Simon will just want his own pin.

#149 5 months ago

I'm just tossing out names that could be popular I'm no Swifty or Twenty One Pilots Mega fan but if I had to choose between Oasis and any of the three I mentioned it's any of my three lol

#150 5 months ago

The game is fun as shit regardless of it being maiden.

Quoted from bigehrl:the bands that I had in mind were more along the lines of Nirvana, Misfits, The Dead, just to name a few. I don't know if anyone ever accused Maiden of being irrelevant. they're an arena staple. The chief complaint on that pin was from folks who just don't like their music.

There are 502 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-rock-bands-are-still-left-for-a-pinball-machine/page/3?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.