Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Just looking for input to help make a choice for a third pin. I have LOTR and AFM. Next year I hope to add another. I am looking at MB, TOTAN, TOM, SS and TAF. I have zero maintenance skills so would be hunting for a near as mint as I can.
Looking at TOM and TOTAN. Both seem beautiful games but my worry is that TOM may become boring? I was not even considering TOTAN until playing it on a PS3 where it kind of hooked me in. Looking on youtube it does seem a beautiful game but maybe hard to get hold of and maintain as only 3000 approximately made?
MB looks and sounds great but expensive and hard to get hold of and will it still be fun after a year of home use? I have played SS and enjoyed it but got young boys so adult theme might not be popular in the household, although heard there might be some sort of 'family mode'?
Have played TAF and it seems a great game but bit stop and start and would it have me coming back in a years time? At the moment if I was offered a NIB of above, I would go for.....MB or TOTAN!
Thanks for any ideas to help narrow it down.
Simon

#8 13 years ago

Thanks for the input. I guess the hardest factor to guess, is will a pin still be fun and addictive to play a year or so after playing at home? TOTAN seems very addictive but I am noticing a lack of humour and the theme does not excite me. That said it is a beautiful machine. TOM also fantastic to look at but there does seem to be an awful lot of hitting the trunk shots so would be become boring or rather, less addictive?

If I had to choose now, I think it would be MB as it is a good looking, funny game with lots of toys. Also many people have it as a keeper which can't be a bad thing.

Lastly, I guess if MM gets made in Australia, that would have to go on a wish list!

#10 13 years ago

And to add to the dilemma I have been told that MM, AFM and MB play similar due to similar playfield layout. So, was advised to only buy one of these....... Ok, not got the chance anyway to buy MM or MB, but that has made me think....is there anyone who has all 3?!!

Lastly TOTAN has some similarities to LOTR playfield......I think! Also TOTAN, I notice the ball hardly ever gets in the pops which is a shame.

#14 13 years ago

Good point re going to a pin show - will do again next year. I did do this some time ago and whilst it was great, due to people waiting for turns, was only able to get a few games on the more popular machines. So, I played the great TZ and had 3 games and all I can remember is a series of balls going SDTM!!! ( which is why it is not on my wish list at present ).

I am getting the feeling that MB in particular is a machine that is out and out fun and whilst not tough enough for some, ends up being a keeper for many.

Still, part of the fun of getting a new pin, is the endless hours trying to decide which one to get and then trying to find one!

#16 13 years ago

MB is on my wish list for sure! Avatar now done.... Youtube is great to watch virtually any machine ...very helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
£ 37.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 180.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lower Burrell, PA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/third-machine-dilemma?tu=Shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.