E88A19E2-ABBE-4023-8054-D9F066D380D5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
6A3EBCB4-6B7B-49C0-B938-28A0B4B52DE6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
0990A1E7-78EF-4A98-BC08-DFC20C08CA52_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
32CEBAFA-80D4-45E5-A8B3-95BEB9CA18FE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
58566156-53F8-4614-B8F2-C85821F3E2A6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
655AB9D4-06E5-46A4-BBFF-5EE90D76EA15_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E7D037D6-CE39-4941-A62B-DD429C6DD9F5_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7A7E171A-C766-4604-994C-DCC9D326DFE3_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
There are 824 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 60 days ago

There is a for sale/trade and a custom pin thread, however I thought I would set up a general discussion to talk about the event.

Custom Pin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-roll-call-for-custom-pins-tpf-2023#post-8048543

For sale/trade
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2024-buy-sell-trade/page/2#post-8049037

#2 60 days ago
Quoted from FireKingpin:

There is a for sale/trade and a custom pin thread, however I thought I would set up a general discussion to talk about the event.
Custom Pin
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-roll-call-for-custom-pins-tpf-2023#post-8048543
For sale/trade
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2024-buy-sell-trade/page/2#post-8049037

Thanks I was looking for this. My wife and I are coming from MN and it will be my first TPF and first ever pinball related gathering/show. Should be a blast! 18 days to go!

#3 60 days ago

Not sure if you pre-registered or not, but it is cheaper if you do. https://texaspinball.com/tpf/show-info/

#4 60 days ago

I'll be there. First year going.

#5 60 days ago
Quoted from FireKingpin:

Not sure if you pre-registered or not, but it is cheaper if you do. https://texaspinball.com/tpf/show-info/

Done! Covered for the weekend. I'm jacked and intend to buy something.

#6 60 days ago

First time going!

#7 60 days ago

Have never been to one of these meetings. Are there ever any discounts on NIB pins?

#8 60 days ago

hassellcastle (Craig) brings some machines to the show I believe for people to play and does discounts on them. Not sure if he runs other discounts as well. Recommend stopping by their booth.

#9 60 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Done! Covered for the weekend. I'm jacked and intend to buy something.

What are you looking to buy? Someone may have what you are looking for.

#11 60 days ago
Quoted from Pickle:

What are you looking to buy? Someone may have what you are looking for.

Nothing specific right now. Spontaneous shopping I guess.

#12 60 days ago

I would love to see what American bringing. Hopefully this release goes better then GTF

#13 59 days ago

I hear the infamous GWJ reveal has been pushed off until 2025?

#14 59 days ago

I’ll be there, none of my custom games will be though. If you have questions about homebrew, I’ll be hanging around that area mostly. Feel free to come ask away!

#15 59 days ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

I’ll be there, none of my custom games will be though. If you have questions about homebrew, I’ll be hanging around that area mostly. Feel free to come ask away!

Dang I was hoping to see B&B there!

#16 59 days ago

Friday the 13th will be there in the homebrew section! Looking forward to connecting with old friends, hitting the food trucks and having a good time.

Unfortunately, I’ll need to be mostly sober for the weekend in case I have to fix anything. We’ll see how long that lasts…

#17 59 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Friday the 13th will be there in the homebrew section! Looking forward to connecting with old friends, hitting the food trucks and having a good time.
Unfortunately, I’ll need to be mostly sober for the weekend in case I have to fix anything. We’ll see how long that lasts…

I’ll cover the drinks for ya

#18 59 days ago

I’ll be there all weekend! Stop by our booth! I’ll have my fully restored Cyclone ready for play and for sale!

#19 59 days ago

Anyone know what mod and part companies will have booths and inventory there this year? I know no coin taker

#20 59 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Anyone know what mod and part companies will have booths and inventory there this year? I know no coin taker

Here’s vendor list: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/

#21 59 days ago

Yeah I saw that, I just know it's not always accurate. Like one year colordmd was on it but weren't there. Etc.

Thank you

#22 59 days ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Dang I was hoping to see B&B there!

It will be at Southern Fried and Expo this year.

#23 59 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ill be there Fri and Sat as backup!

#24 59 days ago

Any good recommendations for a cool spot to grab dinner - bonus points for a great steakhouse

#25 59 days ago

I will be there again.

Looking forward to it

#26 59 days ago

I’m looking for the best BBQ joint near the show. Who has the lowdown?

#27 59 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I would love to see what American is bringing.

Given the current direction AP is headed, I expect they will be bringing a whole lotta lunchboxes.
voyage to the bottom of the sea (resized).pngvoyage to the bottom of the sea (resized).png

#28 59 days ago

Thank you for upvoting the initial post. Hoping more people see it and comment.

#29 59 days ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Hutchins or Hard 8 BBQ are the go to's

#30 59 days ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Hard 8 is about 10 min away. Good BBQ

#31 59 days ago

Make sure to come and see the History of Pinball Seminar at 4pm on Friday and then come play 20 prewar pins

--Jeff

#32 59 days ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Any good recommendations for a cool spot to grab dinner - bonus points for a great steakhouse

Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Hutchins BBQ (save room for free peach cobbler and banana pudding and ice cream), Hard Eight BBQ (don't sleep on the jalapeno creamed corn)

This pic is from 2022 at Hutchins. One of my buddies had never had fried okra.
Hutchins (resized).pngHutchins (resized).png

Peach cobbler with ice cream and banana pudding at Hutchins.
cobbler pudding (resized).pngcobbler pudding (resized).png

Perry's Steakhouse across the street from the convention center. Go for the Friday pork chop lunch special.

This is the dinner pork chop also from 2022 and is carved tableside. Meat candy! The lunch version is much smaller.
Perrys Dinner Chop (resized).pngPerrys Dinner Chop (resized).png

#33 59 days ago

Hutchins ruled over Hard 8 IMO...

#34 59 days ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Hutchins ruled over Hard 8 IMO...

I haven't had Hard Eight in a while even though there's a location closer to me. I've heard the one in The Colony has not been as great as it was. I love the rub they use, though.

#35 59 days ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Hard Eight Pit BBQ, It’s awesome!!
Just a few miles down the road, highly recommended.

#36 59 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Hard Eight Pit BBQ, It’s awesome!!

https://hardeightbbq.com/menu/

LTG : )

#37 59 days ago

This is probably a lame question:

I am assuming that one of the main reasons of holding a pinball festival is for distributors to make sales. Granted it is an opportunity for enthusiasts to make friends, sell parts and used machines etc..... but the main component is the distributor, correct?

With that said, is there any chance a distributor can sell a NIB at a discount for the in-person visitor/buyer? Or is this against the laws of the pinball universe?

Thanks!

#38 59 days ago

I am going to play a variety of pins that I would not normally have access to.

#39 59 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

ith that said, is there any chance a distributor can sell a NIB at a discount for the in-person visitor/buyer?

Some do have show specials on games used at various pinball shows.

I don't recall any NIB specials at shows.

Keep an eye on show advertising and distributor advertising, and see if anything is happening.

LTG : )

#40 59 days ago

I know there is some glass specials. I posted further up in the thread.

#41 59 days ago

In my opinion. Hutchins is much better than Hard Eight.

#42 59 days ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Hutchins and it’s not even close.

#43 59 days ago

Hey! Does anyone going to TPF this have a Swords of Fury pinball machine we could install a Swords of Fury pinball machine that we could install a Swords of Vengeance conversion kit into for play on the show floor?

Thank you in advance! Can't wait to get to the show and hang with pinball friends!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#44 59 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

This is probably a lame question:
I am assuming that one of the main reasons of holding a pinball festival is for distributors to make sales. Granted it is an opportunity for enthusiasts to make friends, sell parts and used machines etc..... but the main component is the distributor, correct?
With that said, is there any chance a distributor can sell a NIB at a discount for the in-person visitor/buyer? Or is this against the laws of the pinball universe?
Thanks!

I believe the main reason for a pinball festival is for people from all walks of life to come together enjoy a common activity.

FUN! in Mesquite is the main distributor for the show. They have show specials if you purchase the games in advance. This gets you an exhibitor pass for the weekend with all the perks. The game is usually unboxed on Thursday and stays on the floor until show close on Sunday. Then you take the game home. I would expect FUN!'s games are all already spoken for. (They only advertised Stern games.) The other manufacturers who have booths will have their games on the floor for sale (JJP, CGC, Spooky, API, etc.), but they tend to sell quickly. However, last year, CGC and JJP did box up unsold games (CCr and GF) to take back with them. I was one of the last exhibitors to leave last year and watched them box them up. I was surprised how many games did not sell. There are always distributors at the show whom you could order a game from, but I would not expect to purchase a NIB game at the show at a discount.

#45 59 days ago

Regarding the best BBQ, seems to be split between Hutchins and Hard Eight. Thanks guys. I guess I’ll just have to go to them both.

#46 58 days ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Rudys just up the Dallas North Toll road from the show or Hard 8 on 121 towards the airport.

#48 57 days ago
Quoted from chet218:

In my opinion. Hutchins is much better than Hard Eight.

Quoted from bflagg:

Hutchins and it’s not even close.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I tried Hutchins once and didn't think it was as good as Hard Eight. It wasn't bad, just not as good in my opinion. I've been to Hard Eight a lot.

#49 57 days ago

Portillos has amazing hot dogs. They aren’t too far away in the Colony
4560 Destination Dr.
The Colony TX 75056

#50 57 days ago

Big floor plan changes this year, it will be interesting to see how it works out. I will say I think it will give everyone a bit more elbow room to move around in the aisles.

Source: Exhibitors got the floor plans sent to them today, and since I have a booth I was part of that group. I'll post it up if it's allowed after I check with the organizers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
$ 8,495.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 824 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-festival-tpf-2024-discussion?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.