10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I just picked this game up last night... and the manual is MIA !

When i got there I am most sure all the displays were working, however now they are not totaly working

from right to left the # 4 and # 7 digits are not working, and sometimes the ball in play is out too...

I have reseated everything, and seemingly no change i have no idea what connectors are related to the displays

i feel like i am shooting in the dark here, and i also dont know what chips are display related, they are all socketed however...

The second issue is the 4-5-6 drop target bank wont reset during gameplay, and the dont reset if you shut the game off and reboot either..

as well, when the bank is down it seems as the bank continually scores and make the appropriate scoring sound for that bank.. This only happens when the entire bank is down, and it does not matter what order they go down..thus not being able to narrow down a particular switch failure..

Swithchs are all clean and adjusted to make or break... got me puzzled.. there are only 4 fuses in this whole game !
unlike gottliebs, i thought it woulda been a fuse at first, as gottliebs fuse everything..to my amazement only 4.. nothing related to pops, drops etc... WTF over..

Are there dipswitch or menu settings for freeplay?

#3 10 years ago

I know cold solder joints can be a problem, and cleaning connectors and header pins, but i dont even know where to start.

If this was a gottlieb i would be most likely have it fixed and done by now

But its not

#6 10 years ago

K will start checking all, and will report back.. thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-stern-big-game-have-a-few-issues?tu=Gerry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.