5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

72220015997__FDFC9120-0024-4AEA-9A68-0908879CBC92 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 months ago

Curious, specific to EM machines, any benefit or reason to use power strips with surge protection vs. standard power strips? I was thinking surge protection was a topic for electronics & microelectronics and not electrical products, and as such meaningless in the EM world, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Matt

#2 5 months ago

Not required but never hurts.

You've only been in the hobby for a year and have six already?

#3 5 months ago

Pinside for only one year, bought Super Soccer in 79’ or 80’ when I was 12/13 years old, the two Williams in college in mid/late 80’s, and the three Wedgeheads in the past few months. Just bought the wireless remotes this afternoon at Harbor Freight, $20 for a set of three, added splitters, so two machines per outlet, and by chance I have two circuits of outlets on the related wall, so I think I’m good. Was just wondering if surge protection was required. Thinking not.

72220015997__FDFC9120-0024-4AEA-9A68-0908879CBC92 (resized).jpeg72220015997__FDFC9120-0024-4AEA-9A68-0908879CBC92 (resized).jpeg
    #4 5 months ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Not required but never hurts.
    You've only been in the hobby for a year and have six already?

Hobby is more than just pinside, I was collecting for about 10 years before I knew about pinside.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/surge-protection-for-em-machines?hl=sea_wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.