(Topic ID: 26415)

STTNG slingshots/outlanes ruin it for me (thanks for saving me...)

By The_Gorilla

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Quiddity
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Crazed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How do you tell? If the screw hole is right at the very end, you have original. If there is 1/4th or so past the screw hole, it's "extended".

Exactly, if the metal from the lane divider extends much more then a sliver around the screw head then you have the dividers. Do they make a huge difference.....nope. They do help but do not expect them to really catch many, just enough to make a slight difference.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

The frustration from the outlane drains makes me want to punch holes in my new gameroom walls! I do not want to feel this way about a game.

Yup, STTNG's outlanes are the total bitch lanes of all pinball. However, they can be tamed. If you are able to keep it out of the outlane with a bounce on the top of the sling now, you have it already. Keep doing it every time they go the direction of the outlanes and pretty soon you will do it without thinking about it and be saving a huge percentage of those outlane drains by bouncing them out of going to the lanes in the first place. The sling design is actually quite brilliant and favorable to bouncing up, side and out, ignoring them dammed lanes!!

Calm down and stop punching holes in stuff you ornery Gorilla!!!! Stick with it brother, this game will really up your game on other machines, it is very rewarding to beat and is quite simply, one of the best games ever designed. It never get's old, makes you emotional when playing it and always provides fast and furious pinball pleasure. Hang in there brother!!!

"You can do iiiiit!!"

#18 11 years ago

I am sure hoping so, should know the wifes schedule in a week or so. I would really love to get there!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
7,000 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Crazed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-slingshotsoutlanes-ruin-it-for-me?tu=Pin_Crazed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.