Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by the9gman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JONESDS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Experiencing the same problem with one pop bumper on a Jet Spin. Both pops were rebuilt but the one continues to stick, even swapped parts from the good to the bad to eliminate variables. With the ring in the stuck position, I can move the pop bumper body (screws loosened), wafer, etc and it will remain stuck. Like you, I suspect something not quite right with the playfield holes and the under playfield metal bracket that butts up underneath the playfield with holes for the pop bumper ring to go through.

#12 10 years ago

In my case, I know the solenoid is off. I will have to try the demagnetize trick, when I get a chance, to see if that helps.

#17 10 years ago

Finally, had a chance to look into sticking pop on my Jet Spin tonight. Everything on the pop was replaced but the bracket, plunger and coil stop which looked fine after a wipe down. Friend helped me look at it the previous night and he agreed that it appeared to be a magnetic type hold because you could move the body (screws loosened), wafer, etc and it wasn't releasing as if it was binding. He suspected the coil stops if it was anything magnetic. Replaced the coil stops tonight and everything seems normal for the test games I played. Add coil stops to the things to check on a sticking pop?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JONESDS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sticking-pop-bumpers?tu=JONESDS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.