11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern Pros... better flow than LE's?”

• Yes, pros play faster 9 votes
      39%
    • No dude LE's play just as fast 14 votes
      61%

(23 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

A recent thread had me thinking...

I hear a lot about "Speed, flow & challenge" & it seems the Pro editions offer speed/flow/challenge better than their LE counterparts right?

Here's my take...

Tron Pro has the stand up targets which certainly add to the speed/flow/challenge department.

Transformers Pro has uninterrupted ramp action, no drop target & in this case less drama too (Ironhide, Starscream, etc). This game seems to really display my thought best.

ACDC pro would be much faster too as the standup targets & lacking lower playfield really seem to add speed/challenge. I bet that game is hard as shit!

I have yet to play Xmen (I will play it later this weekend) but again it appears the pro will play faster (unverified assumption).

Now I am not saying the Pro's are superior to the LE's. TronLE has the best light show ever, ACDC Premium/LE is a looker with significant added features & TFLE has quite a few hardware additions that cannot be ignored.

But for real, the pros are faster with better flow aren't they?

#7 11 years ago

Yeah I hear you guys & agree, but you may have misinterpreted my inquiry here.

I am not even a speed/flow guy. I prefer epic depth & long ball times. I own LOTR, TSPP & FGY while in search of SM & RBION to round out my first row of 5. Yeah, that's my preferred play style, long winded fun! I often think speed/flow means a stripped down drainy machine, fo reals.

But I have room for 2 rows of 5 & I think for diversity purposes my next line up added will focus on speed/flow/difficulty sector as I have enough of the "other". I want to round out a decent collection of 10 to get me through the week until able to go to my local pinball arcade like I always do. I'm an addict.

But hey, no worries, I am just looking for opinions on the subject & figured on hearing reasons of yes vs no on the topic so I appreciate the feedback so far.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-pros-better-flow-than-les?tu=PW79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.