• Ironman 38 votes
    58%

(66 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6A0B493-BC20-41C2-97C5-14B9C2785FCB.jpeg
51++BrPqgrL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

What game would you rather have and why?

#2 3 years ago

I'd like to have both but if its comes to just owning one then its a real an easy decision. SW's and by a large margin.

#3 3 years ago

Iron Man, at least it has a substantial cool interactive toy, gameplay is fun too. Star Wars Pro has a small tie fighter on a spring making it one of the emptiest Stern pro's ever made. Code is probably much deeper on Star Wars.

#4 3 years ago

Iron man. It’s more appealing to a larger audience. I know I know Star Wars is the franchise of franchises, but not really to people under driving age. I like Star Wars, I do but iron man is so much more approachable for novices. Much more straight forward and easy to understand.. my 4 year old’s get it.

#5 3 years ago

I think I’d rather have an Ironman over a Sw pro but I’d take a SW prem over Ironman

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Iron Man, at least it has a substantial cool interactive toy, gameplay is fun too. Star Wars Pro has a small tie fighter on a spring making it one of the emptiest Stern pro's ever made. Code is probably much deeper on Star Wars.

Probably much deeper? thats means u have never even given it a chance cause it wasn't loaded with ridiculous figurines. IM is a great pin but its not even close.

Quoted from tilted81:

Iron man. It’s more appealing to a larger audience.

What difference does that make? not too mention being completely absurd. Ironman is more appealing than SW's?

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think I’d rather have an Ironman over a Sw pro but I’d take a SW prem over Ironman

Ok. This is the final straw. I'm out.

#7 3 years ago

SW easy for me due to code, although IM is an asskicker, that's its only goal, and it does it very well. I've always sort of hated the bottom of the IM layout

#8 3 years ago

IM is one of the few pins I’ve sold that I still enjoy playing on location.

#9 3 years ago

IM is one of the best pins ever made.
SW Pro is fine, but I have no need to own one.

#10 3 years ago

If anyone actually cares ( doubtful)
I've been thinking of making a change in my lineup. I just don't enjoy playing starwars as much as i love the theme.
A local pinsider is looking to trade a Ironman for a newer stern. Gonna put some more games on a Ironman this weekend on location to help me decide.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

...I just don't enjoy playing starwars as much as i love the theme.

Then find out of IM is a fun game for you to play. No reason to keep a game you don't like playing.

#12 3 years ago

#13 3 years ago

Ironman all day long. Really simple to figure out, but great nuance & strategy, pure addictive fun. Never gets old.

#14 3 years ago

Whichever one has the better playfield quality.

#15 3 years ago

Ironman, when tweaked, is a speed demon in my collection.
Gotta have one game that rocks like this.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then find out of IM is a fun game for you to play. No reason to keep a game you don't like playing.

Agreed! You like what you like and you don't what you don't. If you're not having fun with a game, move it on.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ironman, when tweaked, is a speed demon in my collection.
Gotta have one game that rocks like this.

What did you do to tweak it? No fear is that fast game for me.

#18 3 years ago

Iron man all day long. Its a fast pin that leaves you hitting the start button ever after you need to stop playing to do work.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What did you do to tweak it? No fear is that fast game for me.

I agree, no fear, is also in the fast category, and I love the jump.

Tweaking....a tight pitch, waxed often,
Tight flippers. Normal stuff.
On location, it naturally slows down.

#20 3 years ago

I have both. IMVE would be my vote. I have owned it the longest of my games 6 years. Over 4,000 plays.

My SW pro coming up on three. If I need to sell for room most likely it will be SW. IM is just a welcome change to some of longer and more complicated pins I have. When I have guests they play IM not SW.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ironman all day long. Really simple to figure out, but great nuance & strategy, pure addictive fun. Never gets old.

Wow.
Just cause ur probably wearing Ironman underoo's doesn't make it better than SW's. A review from a man who gives Family Guy a 10.

51++BrPqgrL._AC_ (resized).jpg51++BrPqgrL._AC_ (resized).jpg
#22 3 years ago

SW all day. Better shots. Deeper code. Much better multiballs.

SW will never leave my collection. IM lasted less than a year. Although I miss it and regret selling, i still don’t think it’s close to SW.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

IM lasted less than a year.

Yep. I loved it but the whole "never gets old" thing does not apply. It got old and pretty quickly. Pit it against BKSOR and u might have a pretty good vs thread but against SW its just embarrassing.

#24 3 years ago

Owned a SW and IM.
Would happily wear IM underoos again and receive a good ass kicking. A more addicting player for me.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Would happily wear IM underoos again and receive a good ass kicking.

What u do in ur private life is ur business.

Iron man is addicting cause its simple. Of all the Stern dmd's that's the one I would own again. Actually it would be the 3rd time.

#26 3 years ago

Here's what I want to know:

Who would win in a fight? Iron Man or Darth Vader?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Here's what I want to know:
Who would win in a fight? Iron Man or Darth Vader?

Darth Vader....

#28 3 years ago

Iron Man came and went fairly quickly for me because although I liked the difficulty and most of the gameplay, I came to loathe Monger popping up every 20 seconds. Not a big bash toy fan. I say swap it out if you’re not feeling the love for SW. I look at getting rid of games as a non permanent life event. I can always get the game again in the future.

#29 3 years ago

IM is far superior to Sw. IM always has me coming back for more.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Iron Man came and went fairly quickly for me because although I liked the difficulty and most of the gameplay, I came to loathe Monger popping up every 20 seconds. Not a big bash toy fan. I say swap it out if you’re not feeling the love for SW. I look at getting rid of games as a non permanent life event. I can always get the game again in the future.

Simple fix there--Just jack up the Iron Monger and Iron Monger Start difficulties. Balances it out nicely.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Yep. I loved it but the whole "never gets old" thing does not apply. It got old and pretty quickly. Pit it against BKSOR and u might have a pretty good vs thread but against SW its just embarrassing.

Lol, you have a way with words when disagreeing with someone -- the nuance of your analysis is always so spot on! (love your posts by the way even when they annoy me -- at least they're not boring).

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

IM is far superior to Sw

Crap-Pola

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Lol, you have a way with words when disagreeing with someone

And agreeing.

#34 3 years ago

IM... one of the few games I regret selling

#35 3 years ago

I have had 27 pins. Only 2 have had me playing so long at a time that my neck and back hurt. My 1st Maverick and my 27th Star Wars.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

IM... one of the few games I regret selling

I regret selling every single game I've ever owned. Would love a large warehouse with over 100 pins, would do me just fine.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

Wow.
Just cause ur probably wearing Ironman underoo's doesn't make it better than SW’s[quoted image]

Projection.

E6A0B493-BC20-41C2-97C5-14B9C2785FCB.jpegE6A0B493-BC20-41C2-97C5-14B9C2785FCB.jpeg
#38 3 years ago

Couldn't u find one without the guy wearing them.

#39 3 years ago

Iron Man destroys Stern Wars.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/starwars-pro-vs-ironman2010?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.