(Topic ID: 195169)

Shooter Sleeve

By GreenMarine

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    7a0fe252f7f6ad0888a5e997db93037970ff92f9 (resized).jpg
    1486317740_maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20170809_010221 (resized).jpg
    51u6Rq84T5L (resized).jpg
    square-peg-round-hole (resized).jpg
    200_s (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    IMG_0115 (resized).JPG
    20170807_011151 (resized).jpg
    20170729_003421 (resized).jpg
    20170807_010553 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

That is the stupidest thing I've seen on Pinside in, like, a year.
    Almost as good as the guy who clearcoated the back of his game.

I've got to agree, but at least it was good for a laugh. That picture is going to live in infamy.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

You weren't the best problem solver in school, were you??

Says the guy that created this thread... LOL. You came here looking for advice instead of being able to solve the problem you created.

The funny part is that even you haven't realized, and refuse to accept what EVERYONE is telling you. The ONLY way you can fix this is to strip the powder from the plunger portion AND the inside of the housing, restoring them to their original size, or to find some way to PRECISELY AND EVENLY enlarge the hole, and then find a sleeve to fit that (hint: you won't find one, or it will be loose in the hole and then the plunger has too much wobble and strikes the ball at off angles and doesn't work correctly every time).

Like...really...why was the inside of the hole even done? Even your PC guy is a moron (or maybe just a greedy prick), if he was given any kind of appropriate information about the fit and function of these parts, for letting you do this in the first place.

200_s (resized).png200_s (resized).png

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

will always aim to make my games unique.

I have NO issue with this...

I repainted my entire Crescendo playfield with UV-reactive highlights and clearcoated it.
    I came up with a new mod for Tron when I was on my 2nd one.
    I put googley-eyes on my STTNG that had full purple armor, and it sold at TPF.
    I'm going to fully convert my WPT into a Voltron custom pin.

Where you've run into problems is that you brought the issue here looking for advice, then chose to completely IGNORE that advice and not even consider the fact that you might be the one in the wrong. This isn't the "mod removers club" thread... I don't think anyone at all gives a hoot that you were trying to do something unique..most of us like that. But the way you went about it without considering the consequence, and then the willful ignorance and stubbornness.....meh. It went from just simply being absurd and funny to bordering on wondering if this entire thing was, and continues to be, a finely engineered troll post.

#132 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that Pinside had nothing do with with the way he responded after asking for advice. And it's hilarious how nobody EVER says something like that when *I'm* the one getting trashed, and the dogpile is about 5x larger than this.

Violating the 'be nice' rule is frowned upon? Since when. This place has been a shark tank for a long time from what I can see. If you have any opinion outside the majority, you're going to get torn a new one on a semi-frequent basis....but I was used to that from the boards I used prior to this one so....whatever. Guess I have a thick skin...I've definitely been accused of the same thing I'm saying he's doing..being a stubborn mofo, so..

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from wizard_mode:

F'n A! Where's the pics? Unite!

PM incoming. No need to derail thread here.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

So, you guys think the OP purposefully powder coated a shooter rod for the sole purpose of starting a troll thread on pinside? Please have a little more faith in humanity.

Nah, but I'd believe that someone didn't specify to their PC place how to do it exactly, and then found it amusing and might have tried to get a rise out of the situation.

And yeah....I really don't know why anyone would have faith in humanity. We are about the dumbest creatures on the planet. #nosarcasmtag

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

the OP has been a great sport about this, IMO. even if he doesn't get it to fit, at least he has a sense of humility. which unfortunately for him, you can't powder coat

But if you could...

IT'D BE FREAKIN GOLD AS S__T, DAWG!

#151 6 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMarine:

Been thinking... How does Jonny Golden Rod sound for my new Pinside ID??

Well, it's either that or you start doing...uh... alternative things.

*cough*

I did manage to think of one valid reason to try and make all this work, but I think it's still bordering on NVTS... nuts... when you pull back the shooter rod for a skill shot, you'll see a lot more of the shaft...sure it won't be that's noticeable when it's just sitting there, but for something like Totan or BOP where you're having to pull back and really look at the plunger or shooter lane, it'd probably look real cool.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-sleeve?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.