Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jetzxi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ryan-Adams-main1.jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

http://www.riffyou.com/ryan-adams-has-metallica-pinball-machine-roadcase/

Don't know his music, but the fact that he needs to travel with a pinball machine makes me kinda like him.

Don C.

#2 9 years ago

he is a pinsider also FWIW.

#3 9 years ago

I've loved his music since Whiskeytown. This makes me like him even more, LOL. That's badass!

#4 9 years ago

His recent promo picture also has him standing in a pin arcade. As a former employee of his, I can safely attest that he is a true pinhead...and a metal head...so the Metalica pin makes perfect sense.

#5 9 years ago

Been liking his stuff lately. Pretty good. The fact hes a Pinhead makes him uber-cool though. Flip on Bryan,... flip on !

#6 9 years ago

That looks somewhat familar.

Chris

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from caligirl:

His recent promo picture also has him standing in a pin arcade.

Here's his promo pic (playing Medieval Madness). He was in attendance at CAX, and he actually won an "Experts Of Dangerous" translite during Skit-B's seminar.

Ryan-Adams-main1.jpgRyan-Adams-main1.jpg

#8 9 years ago

He's big into pinball and arcade video games. He did a video review of Gorf a while back.

http://vimeo.com/6285770

#9 9 years ago

He has a bar on Ave A in NYC.
    But u don't think there are pins in the place.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

He is a pinsider also FWIW.

What is his Pinside name?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Don_C:

Don't know his music

You should check him out. One of the greatest song writers of the current generation IMO.

#12 9 years ago

Probably my favorite song of his:

#13 9 years ago

Been listening to him since Heartbreaker. Great songwriter and singer. Glad to hear he's a Pinsider.

#14 9 years ago

Edit:

Apparently the intel I received from the Staff at the Rave, was not as accurate as told to me. So for those in my area that heard about the obnoxious guy spouting off Bryan Adams song requests one after the other in the front row. Might not be true, as some have deemed it false.

#15 9 years ago

Bryan Adams is aging very well, that's for sure.

#16 9 years ago

My favorite live(ish) performance

#17 9 years ago

He is a wonderful guy to deal with. He has 2 of my games, still I think.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

What is his Pinside name?

I will leave it to him to come out of the woodwork and say hello.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'd do it. I don't like country music at all, so getting kicked out of his show would be a gift.

Not every album he releases is country.......

(sorry for the weird vinyl version, only one I could find on YT)

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

He did a video review of Gorf a while back.

the best part about Gorf is you can play it with a drink in one hand.

#21 9 years ago

What is the name of his bar on Ave A?

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Not every album he releases is country.......
    » YouTube video
    (sorry for the weird vinyl version, only one I could find on YT)

And if that's not heavy enough for you. Give Orion a listen on 11, front to back in total darkness. It's his sci-fi metal concept album. Dude's a genius... of course he likes pinball!

#23 9 years ago

And if that's not enough, check out his cover of Danzig's "Mother" on his current tour:

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't like country music at all, so getting kicked out of his show would be a gift.

Don't get the wrong idea. It's not like yee-haw country or anything. It's more along the lines of Wilco, or alt-country, if you will.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Call him Bryan once. He flies off the handle. He's had people kicked out of his concerts for yelling out "play cuts like a knife".

I'd do it. I don't like country music at all, so getting kicked out of his show would be a gift.

total ignorance.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Here's his promo pic (playing Medieval Madness). He was in attendance at CAX, and he actually won an "Experts Of Dangerous" translite during Skit-B's seminar.

Ryan-Adams-main1.jpg 161 KB

What's the game to the left of the Zaccaria Time Machine? I can tell what every game is, except that one.

#27 9 years ago

Dude has solid voice control. Pitch, tone, articulation, vibrato, expression... Impressive control at a low volume like that to match the acoustic...

Nice song choice here...
    -mof

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Dude has solid voice control. Pitch, tone, articulation, vibrato, expression... Impressive control at a low volume like that to match the acoustic...
    Nice song choice here...
    -mof
    » YouTube video

Actually, that song is pretty damn good.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

he is a pinsider also FWIW.

Did not know that. I have several of his albums....One on vinyl.

Hi Ryan.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What's the game to the left of the Zaccaria Time Machine? I can tell what every game is, except that one.

Earth Wind Fire

#31 9 years ago

WHo is up for the October 16th show in Chicago... Which happens to coincide with Expo.

#32 9 years ago

I just discovered from Wikipedia that he's been married to Mandy Moore since 2009! Ryan, tell your wife I'm a huge Tron: Uprising fan!

#33 9 years ago

I have it on good authority that October show was booked to DIRECTLY COINCIDE with Expo. LOL

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zuel:

I have it on good authority that October show was booked to DIRECTLY COINCIDE with Expo. LOL

Maybe someone will post the presale password when it's available?

#35 9 years ago

Enjoyed his music for years. Whiskeytown got me started on my banjo journey.

#36 9 years ago

I have been a Ryan Adams fan for years, have seen him live and he is amazing. Probably one of the most talented musicians/song writers out there. He has been around a long time.....unfortunate when people get "confused" about names.

My sister and I had the pleasure of meeting him at CAX, it was a major bonus. Hope he tours bay area soon.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Zuel:

Proper priorities must be considered when planning a tour. Although there was not a Bay Area show with his appearance at CAX.

Perhaps he could be spotted at Free Gold Watch in October?

Whatever Ryan is doing these days, I am glad to see he is looking health and happy and getting back into touring...when he is not playing pinball or arcade games, that is.

#38 9 years ago

i have never heard of ryan adams until this thread. I really dug his rendition of Danzig Mother.

Ryan, you can thank pinball for letting someone know you exist.

Working on making October 16th happen.

#39 9 years ago

His cover of Wonderwall is also very good and better than the original IMO. Off the Love is hell album.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

WHo is up for the October 16th show in Chicago... Which happens to coincide with Expo.

I'll be there maddog. Good things collide. DRA and pinball.

1 week later
    #41 9 years ago

Did you see that Ryan teamed up with Elvira (Mistress of the Dark) for his latest music video. I'm guessing he most likely has a Scared Stiff and/or Party Monsters at home.

http://www.stereogum.com/1697901/ryan-adams-gimme-something-good-video-feat-elvira-mistress-of-the-dark/video/

#42 9 years ago

When I shared a space on west 26 th street with my man Levi, Ryan had a space in the building next door, and you could hear him playing from the street. I respect him and his music, more after I heard he was heavy into pinball and has a mad collection of games. Respect!
    Allen

#43 9 years ago

Just scored tickets for the November 9th show in Detroit. I had tickets to see Ryan in a tiny club about 11 years ago in Detroit, but I had to drive my critically ill brother to the NIH outside D.C. Looking forward to a great show!

#44 9 years ago

Of all the music I have felt, this touched me more than most:

I was born in an abundance of inherited sadness
    And fifty cent picture frames bought at a five and dime

Thanks Ryan. Come play Dallas soon.

#45 9 years ago

I watched Ryan on the Tonight Show the other night and was looking for anything hinting at pinball and found he was standing on a Williams pinball carpet,nice!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

I watched Ryan on the Tonight Show the other night and was looking for anything hinting at pinball and found he was standing on a Williams pinball carpet,nice!

That's so cool. I'd love to see a screen cap of that!

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's so cool. I'd love to see a screen cap of that!

There was a thread about it, very cool:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-addams-on-tonight-show-on-a-williams-pinball-rug

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

My wife and I will be there with a few other pinheads, a friend of mine got some really good tickets.......we can't wait!

#50 9 years ago

That Williams rug on the stage was awesome. I always thought Alabama Pines was a great song too

Post edited by Erik: fkkk just found out Ryan Adams didn't sing Alabama Pines. The shame...

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-not-bryan-adams/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.