• Alien Star 9 votes
    43%

(21 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

04181D45-1B72-48B1-8877-62E16EB26DEC (resized).jpeg
B61A7B55-AC6C-47C9-94C7-0815B38F4370 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

There are a lot of Gottliebs I've never played, I have a Robo-War and love it, should I bother getting an Alien Star? If you were down to 1 which one would you get?

#2 4 years ago

I don't think either are easy to find, if you have one awesome! if you can get the other have both! My vote is for Alien Star as I like that era/style better than the slightly later Robo-War although I wouldn't mind have one of those too.

#3 4 years ago

I’ve played both but I prefer Alien Star. That said I only played Robo War at a show maybe ten times, I played Alien Star 200 times at my local arcade. I bought an Alien Star for my collection. If I could find a Robo war I’d probably buy it also

#4 4 years ago

Both are great games but I prefer Alien Star out of the two. Robo War has more shots, drop targets and better sound but Alien Star has the best spinner rules in all of pinball. It's also the best game to Shatz the inlanes on as it's necessary for setting up massive 50k spinner shots! Whenever you get the ball in multiball it's a rush to play and try to cash in even though it's extremely difficult to do so. Robo War reminds me a bit of Sinbad as far as the drop targets bank rules go.

#5 4 years ago

If there was one sitting next to the other, I would make a beeline for robo-war.

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Robo-War is my fav Gottlieb game (even above TX Sector), so my vote DEF goes to RW

#7 4 years ago

If you ever want to sell that robo war please LMK! Ive been looking well over a year now.

#8 4 years ago

I pick both. They are both equally amazing.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Robo War reminds me a bit of Sinbad as far as the drop targets bank rules go.

Yes, it was designed to be an updated version of Sinbad.
B61A7B55-AC6C-47C9-94C7-0815B38F4370 (resized).jpegB61A7B55-AC6C-47C9-94C7-0815B38F4370 (resized).jpeg04181D45-1B72-48B1-8877-62E16EB26DEC (resized).jpeg04181D45-1B72-48B1-8877-62E16EB26DEC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robo-war-vs-alien-star?hl=twoheartedmale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.