(Topic ID: 89232)

Robin/Moderators - Please reset the Top 100

By hassellcastle

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-478.jpg
    Marathon-Man-Olivier_Is It SAFE.jpg
    ripken.jpg
    647323-neo_5.jpg
    girls.jpg
    david-hasselhoff-drunk1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

Why is it important for a modern game to unseat the classics?? We all understand what the list represents.

Look at it like a "Greatest Records of ALL Time" list. I love the latest Foo Fighters record. It's one of my favs. Should it be on ANY list ahead of St Pepper's?? I don't think so.

Stern's Metallica is a great example. It's the newest pin in my collection, and I love it more than anything I've ever played... Right now. It's got a GREAT ranking (though in my opinion it should be higher)... But who cares??!!

The trouble I see with the system is that many modern games are rated based on early and incomplete code. Perhaps that something that actually could be addressed?

Ultimately though... Who cares??!! The list is subjective, and riddled with inconsistency, but we all know that.

I don't think MM is the greatest pin of all time by a long shot, but I admit it's fantastic, and has stood the test of time, and has merited a wonderful remake. I don't want to own it, but I always enjoy playing it.

What am I saying? Nothing really. Move along.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MapleSyrup.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robinmoderators-please-reset-the-top-100?tu=MapleSyrup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.