(Topic ID: 161535)

Riverboat Gambler 'Wheel Error' help

By bobnatlanta

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Did you resolve the issue? I just set up mine and the wheel does not spin at all in gameplay or wheel test. I reflowed the headers and cleaned the opto on the wheel board. Still no luck.

1 month later
#9 7 years ago

I actually went through the trouble of setting up my folded up Cyclone right beside my Riverboat Gambler because they both have the same wheels in the back box. My Riverboat gambler motor and wheel work just fine in my cyclone. Both machines have very similar voltages going to the connector to the wheel board. The transistors responsible for the wheel motor test the same on both machines. I still cannot get my wheel to work in my Riverboat Gambler though.

1 week later
#13 7 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

OK, update - I had the circuit board professionally repaired. When I pulled it apart, there was corrosion all over the board, way beyond my capabilities. So, with the rebuilt board in place, I no longer get the error on boot up, but it does error out in test mode. It does not spin at all. If I manually spin the wheel during test, the color showin in the upper right hand corner of the display does change, but the 'h' error indicating it cannot find the home position does not change. I tried grounding the transistors Q7 and Q14, no effect. Any other thoughts appreciated!!!

Is your wheel board opto working for sure?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
2,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, VA
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shenanigander.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riverboat-gambler-wheel-error-help?tu=Shenanigander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.