11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nemesis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nemesis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Just got back from Recess Family Fun Center Arcade at the Deptford Mall in NJ
    4 Pins there, 3 in operation:

Dead T3 - Good, I didn't care for it to begin with. Hideous pin I refuse to grade.

LOTR: I don't get what all of the craze is over this pin. For pin-wizards who are tapped out on action I suppose this is one of the more challenging pins I have ever played, but it didn't grab me as "FUN". Challenging YES, fun? Not for me. Maybe it wasn't fully configured as it should have been or a switch here and there maybe wasn't firing... C

Monopoly: Biggest piece of shit pinball game I have ever played. Thank God I never bought one, initially I wanted one because of the theme prior to playing it. I am glad I didn't, and I regret putting my $2 into it. I will never play this table again, ever. It is the biggest gimmick credit stealing scam of a game I have ever played. F-

Family Guy: This game surprisingly was fun. I lasted the longest on it, and even hit the high score. Stewie Pinball was different...... LOL, the fart jokes and theme wasn't too bad at all, it was humorous and enjoying. The beer can tin was a cool concept... This game, unlike LOTR, was immediately FUN and it isnt because of the theme because I am not even a Family Guy nut. Out of the 3 working pins I would put my money into this one. B

IMHO none of these games hold a candle to my RFM. Its just a more player friendly table I guess. Its fast and has all of the interaction and humor I enjoy out of a game. If you treat pinball as a GAME which means you wish to be ENTERTAINED, then I still favor RFM above the other pins I played today. Family Guy would be right there in the mix though. If you treat pinball as SPORT in which you choose to be challenged: LOTR is the game for you. I actually dig the LOTR movie series and was quite disappointed it wasn't a more entertaining pin. Its just far too easy to drain down the middle or gutter along the sides... real shame, but again - maybe it hasn't been serviced in a while for optimal play.

As far as vids - Recess has all of the usual suspects, although I am disappointed there was no MK. Maybe they don't wanna scare away the little kids... as a 12 year old back in the 90s though - I was performing Jax arm rips on high schoolers in the cades... so maybe it speaks to the wussification of America. Grow a pair.

-Nemesis

1 year later
    #3 10 years ago

berlin farmers market arcade still open?

the games at recess arcade were too neglected. Bills arcade who supplied a lot of the machines simply didnt give a shit tbh. They got too much money and not much in competition. I even put in an offer their pins but they think beat to shit route equipment = ebay prices.

*facepalm*

oh well ?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nemesis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-recess-arcade-at-the-deptford-mall-nj?tu=Nemesis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.