(Topic ID: 40226)

pics of famous IM with, forklift damage on bottom...

By oropuro

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0001[1].JPG
IMG_0004[2].JPG
IMG_0003[1].JPG
IMG_0001[1].JPG
IMG_0006[1].JPG
IMG_0004[1].JPG
IMG_0004[1].JPG
IMG_0005[1].JPG
IMG_0003[1].JPG
IMG_0002[1].JPG
rlj8R.jpg
image.jpg
DSC08544.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AbacusMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 11 years ago

I don't know about this guy...

He had a Striker Xtream for sale for $900. I had $900 in my hand, truck ready to go. Told him to call me, asking when I can drive up and see it, and if I liked it, I would buy it. Never got a call. A few days later, got an email saying it would be on site at a yard sale. I had to have my sister who lives in his town drive over and hand him a phone with me on it.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

. I do own the pin now and may sell to get my money back, or may put it on site and earn it back 75 cents at a time...thanks for all the constructive feedback guys,

Go with putting it on route for 75 cents.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Speaking of constructive feedback, are you sure you don't want to trade it straight up for that AVLE? I know that "shipping killed the deal" for you...but even if you paid shipping for BOTH machines it strikes me that you still get a basically NEW machine worth $2k more than you spent on the IM...presumably with an unblemished bottom (apologies to any Pinsiders with pimples on their asses)! You could play it a month and then sell it and throw a few extra sheckles to your buddy that's fallen on hard times!

I think paying shipping on both machines is a fair deal...more then fair, yes sir.

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No, no, no, not me! HE claimed that someone offered him one for the IM...but that shipping killed it for him. GUFFAW! Of course he deleted that post along with EVERY post he made in his own thread. Couldn't keep track of his own lies and contradictions is my guess.

Ohhhh. I get it now.

#69 11 years ago

Maybe the Wolfman moved to central Washington?

#77 11 years ago

HUO
Mint
Good
Fair
Poor
Parts machine
Words I use to describe conditions of pinball machines. HUO to me means, a pinball machine that has been babied. A big ass hole on the bottom is not babied. Being transported somewhere is being taken out of the home. I route machines(I help someone), and body damage happens alot when being moved around. Dings, scratches, big ass holes in the bottom.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Am I the only one here that could play this game and enjoy it with the cracked bottom? Some of my games I have never looked underneath. I bought SM yesterday and have no idea what the bottom looks like. I will have to check it out tonight. In fact I will crawl under all 15 now and look.

If you want to pay close to 5k, go for it.

My car has a big scratch/dint in it. Sure I change the oil all the time and it has low miles, but if I try to sell it for a high price and label it as "cherry" and the buyer finds out about the ding and sez "Hey hey, theres a ding in it, cut $1,000 off the price"...

And thats the story we have now. Its damaged. No it doesn't effect game play, just like my scratch on my car won't effect its driving. Bottom line, it subtracts from its value.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

But is the scratch/ding on your car on the frame, underneath?

Its on the side.

So what your hinting at is that any kind of damage to the bottom of the game doesn't subtract from the games value? If the hole was on the side of the game, then it would be worth less than if it was on the bottom.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I think it does subtract, but not as much as the people wanting to buy the game hope. The seller still wants to make a nice profit and the buyers want to lowball the hell outta the game. I think the sale of this IM is a stalemate. Assuming he still wants to sell it, oropuro should dump it for what he paid ($3500?) and call it a day.

Correct. And I think $3,500 is a fair price.

Other reasons why people are "low balling the hell out of the game" is because he has had lost some street credit as a seller on here. He has had some serious bids on this game and laughed at the bids. Hes not willing to travel, got to drive to him. Won't pay for shipping. What he wants is not realistic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AbacusMan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-huo-im-less-than-2000-plays-forklift-damage-on-bottom?tu=AbacusMan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.