Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pintastic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Just a quick thread to find out if anyone has an easy and quick way to repair a post or a screw that goes directly into the wood.

Do you use wood filler and repair the play field?

Do you use glue?

Do you wrap the screw in plumbers tape?

v8torino has the right idea. Round birch toothpicks are good for this. The best *I've* found though is bamboo skewers for kabobs. They are fibrous which means they grip the screw threads and conform to them better than just about anything else I've tried. Toothpicks are good but tend to split and splinter more than conforming to the threads. I put a very small drop of white wood glue in the stripped hole, shove the bamboo skewer in and snap it off flush.

nutshell79 used QuikWood epoxy putty and I love this stuff but not so much for filling screw holes that will be used again. It's just too hard and would need to be pilot drilled after hardening (15 minutes) If you don't pilot drill and simply start a screw in it the screw will scoot to the nearest soft wood and will not penetrate the epoxy. This means your screw will be slightly off center from original. This may not be critical in many cases but could be in others such as ramp end screws.

These are my experiences only and are certainly not the last word on the subject

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

Sounds like a fair amount of experience and that you have tried a number of different methods.

Thanks.

Aye... you might say that, rabbit... you might
    (in my best Irish cop accent ala Bugs Bunny vs Rocky the gangster)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-and-screw-repair?tu=Cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.