(Topic ID: 161678)

Pop bumper shield - install or not (it is the wrong one)

By rmcelwee

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rmcelwee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

airborne_pop_bumper_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

OK, I have finally cleaned my Airborne playfield and one of the mylar shields had dirt under it (was not sticking any longer). I bought some mylar shields (stickers) and was getting ready to put them on. I see that my old shields are 4" in diameter and the old one was 3.5" in diameter. There are only three pop bumpers in Airborne and I don't think you will be able to see the difference if I don't point it out to you (it will be the one on the right hand side). So, a few questions:

1) Should I just install it?
2) Should I try to cut it smaller and install it?
3) Should I remove the other two and clean under them. The machine was super dirty and there is a little dirt around the edges.
4) If I do remove the other two, should I install new shields on all three or just leave all of them off?

Lots of questions but I am pretty new at this and really need the pointers. Thanks!

airborne_pop_bumper_(resized).jpgairborne_pop_bumper_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Well, I just cut the new one smaller and installed it. I did not touch the others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-shield-install-or-not-it-is-the-wrong-one?hl=rmcelwee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.