(Topic ID: 114131)

Pinball payment plan?

By RichmanBri

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

Save up & pay cash, it's a rewarding way to live life. Make that monthly payment into a savings account or an envelope.
    Buy & selling pins is fun also, trading up & down! Before you know it your owning the $5000 pin you want & you paid for it gradually, interest free & got to enjoy several titles along the way!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've been doing this for years. The game stays here however until its paid for. Works out rather well.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Do you charge interest or a fee John? Just curious.

#13 9 years ago

This is want I did this summer.
    I bought 10 pins, I currently have 1, NIB TWDLE. I have way less than retail into it, way less. Most importantly I had fun meeting new people & playing pins I never had before.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nope, never...its bad business if you do. People put money down, they pay when they can and the game stays here. Should they decide to back out at any time they get a full refund with no fee's charged back....fully refunded with no questions asked.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Very cool of you to offer that!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

This is the most important post in this thread.

I find this one interesting.

Quoted from 85vett: I know I throw money away in interest but I just rather do this for my expensive hobbies. Personal preference thing while most would say any type of financing for pinball is dumb.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

That's how I do it now, I used to have loans and credit cards for everything I bought, and I quickly realized that's not the best road to travel.
    I also fixed up some pins along the way so I could "trade-up". I recently purchased a NIB using that method.

I was in the same boat Ron! I was a slave to the lender. I could barely make monthly payments, it was bad. I started a new business, it has grown rapidly & I now have very little debt. Over the past 2 years I have paid off over $50,000 in debt, that would've been a lot of pins! But I feel good about my decision.

By the way, no one is preaching. A question was posted to the pinside community, & advice has been given by several people.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

Another option. I know TNT does layway, just make payments until it's yours:
    http://www.tntamusements.com/inventory/pinball-machines/

Maybe that's why their prices are a little high, it's like built in interest. lol
    I don't have a problem with layaway or making payments @ 0%, in fact it's a great option!

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Daddy-o:

We paid off our mortgage and everyone thought we were foolish not to put the money into the stock market. Then the market crashed. We are the ones laughing now.

Good for you! That's a historic day for most people, I'm looking forward to reaching that goal too!

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I have the Capital One Signature card. 2% on everything plus the bonus deals. I have over 125,000 miles (or "points") saved up and never carry a monthly balance.

I need to do this. My monthly fuel bill for my trucking company is pushing $10,000 a month. I pay it off every month. If I used one of these cards or a Cabelas card I would be earning crazy points, plus keeping a zero balance as well!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zampinator.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-payment-plan?tu=Zampinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.