8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tazmo72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've had my paragon for about 4 weeks. Plays great but today all four pop bumpers (top three and Beast's Lair) stop working along with the both slings. They still score but do not activate. They work fine during the switch test just not during normal game play. Also, I have had the Paragon letters set to stationary but now they are cycling even the I have not touched #24. I checked all connections on the boards and they seemed fine. All switches are scoring (even the bumpers and slings) except for the right in/outlane roll overs. All other switches are working fine (target, eject holes, roll overs, etc). I know just about enough to be dangerous but not sure what to check next. Any one experienced something similar? Any guidance to what to check next would be appreciated!

#3 8 years ago

Yes. They fire in solenoid test but not in game play.

#6 8 years ago

Rechecked all the connectors on all the boards. Seems ok. Going through the machine again, it is awarding 5X but it will not award Extra ball and doesnt not reset the drop targets in the Valley of the Demons.

Everything works in self diagnostic tests. Zero stuck-switches and all the bumpers and slings work during that test.

#8 8 years ago

As I am not sure what a EPROM burner is, I am guessing I do not have one. I "wiggled" all the wires and pulled all the connectors off all the boards. It is working now. I figure if I re-flow the MPU board, it will probably solve the problem long term. Thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tazmo72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-issue-with-bumpers-and-slings?tu=Tazmo72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.