Topic Stats

• 1,597 posts
  • 256 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2616 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0626 (resized).jpeg
    pirateslit (resized).jpg
    received_918998896236057 (resized).jpeg
    received_1081696736162070 (resized).jpeg
    received_676274117953204 (resized).jpeg
    received_740227087455074 (resized).jpeg
    ssannounce (resized).JPG
    2 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    Secret Santa (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240112_140521389 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1416 (resized).jpg
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5382 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.
    #1101 4 months ago

Ok, I think I’ve got this right. “Box 1 of 2” is under the tree waiting for Christmas. The other box, an Amazon box, was left at the brewery through some miscommunication. So box 1 of 2 can be saved for Christmas, and I need to acquire the Amazon box from work tomorrow and open immediately? Thank you SO MUCH SS and I can’t wait to see what they are!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1102 4 months ago

WOW!! I got the best Secret Santa ever. I really appreciate a box full of items I can use on my EM and SS machines. BBQ sauce too! Thank Mrs. Claus for the thoughtful wrapping of all the pin treasure. I find the pin comic book on the history of pinball fascinating. The calendar is still in Santa's bag but I'm sure it will arrive soon.

I wish you health and a very merry Christmas.

Duke @ the beach.

IMG_0350 (resized).jpgIMG_0350 (resized).jpgIMG_0354 (resized).jpgIMG_0354 (resized).jpgIMG_0349 (resized).jpgIMG_0349 (resized).jpgIMG_0352 (resized).jpgIMG_0352 (resized).jpgIMG_0353 (resized).jpgIMG_0353 (resized).jpg
    #1103 4 months ago

Just letting my Santa know the box has arrived . Hmmm, tonight seems a good night but we shall see.

IMG_4334 (resized).jpegIMG_4334 (resized).jpeg

#1104 4 months ago

I feel like Clark W. Griswold waiting for the Xmas bonus - checking the door every hour.

#1105 4 months ago

I usually wait until Christmas to open my presents. I accidentally opened this one thinking it was something else. Was not labeled pinside secret Santa. Thank you Santa. I love the big lebowski sign. . Stickers and a pinball hat. Thank you. merry Christmas everyone, also thanks Les...

17030325634062231076305824162356 (resized).jpg17030325634062231076305824162356 (resized).jpg
    #1106 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arsenal129:

I feel like Clark W. Griswold waiting for the Xmas bonus - checking the door every hour.

Same.

#1107 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arsenal129:

i feel like Clark W. Griswold waiting for the Xmas bonus

I feel like Ralph Parker.

89xfnt.gif89xfnt.gif
    #1108 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arsenal129:

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I feel like Ralph Parker.[quoted image]

LOL, me too. Hopefully tmr is our day guys!

#1109 4 months ago

Mine arrived!!!!
    Guess I wasn't as bad as I thought!
    Thank you very much SS!!
    I know I wasn't the easiest as I posted earlier, but you did a geeat job stalking me with what little I provided.
    Some of the snacks, license plate, Foo Fighters magnet, and music will make great additions to the CinemaCade!
    The sea salt caramels and ginger soda have already been stolen by sneaky family members!
    Thanks again!

20231218_200003 (resized).jpg20231218_200003 (resized).jpg20231218_200704 (resized).jpg20231218_200704 (resized).jpg20231218_200713 (resized).jpg20231218_200713 (resized).jpg20231218_201113 (resized).jpg20231218_201113 (resized).jpg20231218_201117 (resized).jpg20231218_201117 (resized).jpg20231218_202100 (resized).jpg20231218_202100 (resized).jpg20231218_202204 (resized).jpg20231218_202204 (resized).jpg20231218_215151 (resized).jpg20231218_215151 (resized).jpg
    #1110 4 months ago

I returned home from the post office from shipping a few packages to our Secret Santa to find a large package waiting on our front porch.
    From half block away the wife says “ It looks like you got a playfield!”
    I walk to the front porch and can identify the glorious Jersey Jack packaging tape anywhere. It does indeed look like a playfield. My Secret Santa does it again! I’m floored by the thoughtfulness and generosity of others and this year again surpasses all my expectations. Well done Secret Santa!
    I was sent a Godfather CE playfield signed by the entire JJP crew and a letter from Eric. A signed slash hat and Godfather bust from the game. I’m speechless. How thoughtful of the giver and thank you to JJP and Eric for participating in this “thing of ours” by helping make this season special.
    Thank you!

Eric was my SS last year. He is unbelievably thoughtful. Enjoy the wonderful gifts!!!

I love this tradition!

#1111 4 months ago

That Foo Fighters ticket sign is great!

#1112 4 months ago
    Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Oh btw, thanks for all the people who mentioned pirate ship. I had heard of it a long time ago but it was an awesome first experience with it. I was dreading an expensive shipping cost but it cost $15 for a large 10 lb box for 3 day shipping.

Yeah Pirate Ship is awesome. The only thing I want to caution you about is the cheapest UPS shipping it tries to change you over to is usually Surepost, which is a terrible, slow service. Avoid that service level at all costs - I confirmed with Pirate Ship that there's no way to disable that service so it never even suggests it. Everything else about Pirate Ship is great.

#1113 4 months ago

Just got home from work and found my SS box
    Iam so excited and I will try too wait till Christmas morning to open them but I don’t guarantee it.
    This really made my day
    Thanks a million Secret Santa
    I love the great wrapping job looks like they were professionally wrapped

IMG_6287 (resized).jpegIMG_6287 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1114 4 months ago

Thanks again Secret Santa! Michael Myers came in handy with some Elf on the Shelf shenanigans.

IMG_0736 (resized).jpegIMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
    #1115 4 months ago
    Quoted from redman822:

My second/final SS box is on it's way to my giftee. I hope they like everything I got them - it's been a busy/crazy/difficult season this year. I can't believe Christmas is a week away...We don't even have a tree or any decorations up at home, and I have only backed one (quadruple) batch of cookies so far. By this time in the season I'm usually at around 100+ dozen cookies baked, and the house is decked out.

Hey, just wanted to say from experience that it's okay! Life happens, things sometimes go left, right, upside down and backwards. But the Christmas spirit is in your heart. We don't have a tree or anything up this year either, which feels a little wrong. Try spending some time walking or driving around your neighborhood with your family looking at and admiring other people displays. That really helped me still feel it's Christmas, and so does this thread!

Merry Christmas

#1116 4 months ago
    Quoted from bdssun:

Mine arrived!!!!
    Guess I wasn't as bad as I thought!
    Thank you very much SS!!
    I know I wasn't the easiest as I posted earlier, but you did a geeat job stalking me with what little I provided.
    Some of the snacks, license plate, Foo Fighters magnet, and music will make great additions to the CinemaCade!
    The sea salt caramels and ginger soda have already been stolen by sneaky family members!
    Thanks again!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those bbq chips are the best! My SS got them for me last year. They're so good!

#1117 4 months ago

Thank you Santa.

Kids loved it!

Thanks for organizing LesManley

IMG_2145 (resized).jpegIMG_2145 (resized).jpeg

#1118 4 months ago

Got my Spooky and Halloween centric gifts from my Secret Santa today and am very happy to add them to my collection. Thanks so much Secret Santa

PXL_20231220_000157779.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20231220_000157779.MP (resized).jpg
    #1119 4 months ago

My secret santa box came today, and having no patience I opened it. It's quite a haul of useful tools, a tool bag, some pinball stickers, coozies and such. Thanks a lot, I keep meaning to get a dedicated pinball tool bag, I anticipate being more organized the next time I need to work on a machine.

Thank you Santa and Merry Christmas

P1040787 (resized).JPGP1040787 (resized).JPG

#1120 4 months ago

I must be on the naughty list this year, my secret Santa sent me a box of diarrhea!

20231213_191437.jpg20231213_191437.jpg

Looks like my SS sent me 3 jars of BBQ sauce which unfortunately shattered en route. I am working with the company they ordered from to replace them and will report back.

#1121 4 months ago
    Quoted from STLOkie:

That Foo Fighters ticket sign is great!

I made those for Tilt Amusement for their summer event

#1122 4 months ago

REMINDER TO ALL
    Post when you receive your gifts, even if you're not planning on opening them until Christmas. it's a stressful enough time of year for everyone, and the senders shouldn't have to worry unnecessarily about whether their gifts were stolen by a porch pirate.

I know that my recipient's gift reached its destination, however even though the person has been logged onto pinside multiple times after they should have received it, no post has been made.

I shutter to think that my recipient's chinchillas are frozen critters left outside for the past week. hopefully, the fact that they received a family of chinchillas, the little guys were able to keep themselves warm.

#1123 4 months ago

I see that my last gift to my last person has been delivered...USPS and UPS both performed reasonably well. Yay.

#1124 4 months ago

*my mistake.. post away!

** I've recieved mine and sent my ss gift . Hope this helps

#1125 4 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm going to stick with the original rules and message John that we received our gift and send him the tracking number of the shipped gifts. There is no need to check if they've logged on to pinside daily so you can probably stop creeping on people and just enjoy the spirit of the holidays.

You should re-read John's email:

*Even if you are waiting to open your gifts, please post in the participant's thread when your gift arrives so your SS knows that you got it safely instead of some porch pirate

#1126 4 months ago

I was notified yesterday by John that an anonymous Pinsider wished to send me an extra gift, and that it would be arriving soon. It's here, and under the tree.

Anxiously waiting for my original SS gift too. Excitement building...

#1127 4 months ago
    Quoted from NatalieB:

Checking the door again, no secret Santa yet……..

Ya, I check the box every day. Hopefully soon. Doesn't matter what it is, just excited to get something in mail. Last year was soo good.

#1128 4 months ago

We are having mail held while we transition warehouses and jockey stuff around, I'm afraid I will not have mine in my hands before Christmas even if it is delivered in time.... So secret Santa I'm sorry but I will absolutely post about it when I open and if it makes any difference the wife and I do make Christmas a multi day affair all the way to new years...

#1129 4 months ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm going to stick with the original rules and message John that we received our gift and send him the tracking number of the shipped gifts. There is no need to check if they've logged on to pinside daily so you can probably stop creeping on people and just enjoy the spirit of the holidays.

Just for clarification.

*Please let me know when you ship your gift(s) so I know that something is on the way to your recipient so I don't have to worry.
    *Also, please post in the thread when your gift(s) arrive so the person who sent them knows you received them safely and they don't have to worry.

I honestly don't think we have had more than a couple packages ever missing that showed delivery (usually they were delivered to the wrong address) in all the years of Pinside Secret Santa...but I totally get it and it helps put people's mind at ease to know that it was not only delivered but received as well.

#1130 4 months ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

I must be on the naughty list this year, my secret Santa sent me a box of diarrhea!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #1131 4 months ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Just for clarification.
    *Please let me know when you ship your gift(s) so I know that something is on the way to your recipient so I don't have to worry.
    *Also, please post in the thread when your gift(s) arrive so the person who sent them knows you received them safely and they don't have to worry.
    I honestly don't think we have had more than a couple packages ever missing that showed delivery (usually they were delivered to the wrong address) in all the years of Pinside Secret Santa...but I totally get it and it helps put people's mind at ease to know that it was not only delivered but received as well.

Do you still want shipping sent to you even if our recipients have already received and posted that they have ?

#1132 4 months ago

Dear Santa,
    I'm sorry for not letting you know sooner but I think we have received 4 out of 5 packages. (In some of the packages amazon forgot the notes so it's hard to say)

My wife and I couldn't wait to open them and we couldn't be happier with what you've given us.

I have so many projects in mind for the Pi Zero. My wife is stealing the Foo shirt from me... We have already sampled all of the Rick and Morty hot sauces and they are all surprisingly good. The chipotle is my favorite!

The record player is perfect and sounds great. We hooked it up to the speakers in our game room and stole some vinyl from our parents. Gonna have to start collecting vinyl now

You did a great job picking stuff out! We really appreciate the effort you put into the gifts.

Thank you so much!

20231215_173428.jpg20231215_173428.jpg20231220_094749.jpg20231220_094749.jpg
    #1133 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Do you still want shipping sent to you even if our recipients have already received and posted that they have ?

I believe the point of emailing john with the tracking information [when you post the package out] is so in the case that the package goes missing, john can communicate the tracking information to the intended recipient. if the package has arrived safe and sound and the recipient has already posted that they received their gift(s), there is no benefit added sending him the tracking information after the fact.

#1134 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

No need to retroactively send it if they have it now, it's all good. It is just so I know that you have sent something and then if there is an issue I can use the shipping information to coordinate with the recipient and track it down.

#1135 4 months ago

Well, today was my day! Got the package this morning and Santa spoiled me! I got some woodford reserve bourbon with glass, cool pinball shirt, a trex skull (I might try my hand at painting it), Ramones Road to Ruin LP (my favorite band!) , a very cool pulp fiction poster (my favorite movie) and a Christmas card with Tim Hortons gift card! I feel very lucky. Tomorrow is my last shift before my holidays so I'll best testing that whiskey out after work listening to I Wanna be Sedated! You guys are the best! And thanks @lesmaney for organizing it again! I will definitely be back next year. signal-2023-12-20-09-30-14-029 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-12-20-09-30-14-029 (resized).jpgIMG-20231220-WA0002 (resized).jpegIMG-20231220-WA0002 (resized).jpegsignal-2023-12-20-09-31-52-162 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-12-20-09-31-52-162 (resized).jpg

#1136 4 months ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

[quoted image]
    Looks like my SS sent me 3 jars of BBQ sauce which unfortunately shattered en route. I am working with the company they ordered from to replace them.

I just spit out my orange juice!

#1137 4 months ago
    Quoted from JordyRamone:

Well, today was my day! Got the package this morning and Santa spoiled me! I got some woodford reserve bourbon with glass, cool pinball shirt, a trex skull (I might try my hand at painting it), Ramones Road to Ruin LP (my favorite band!) , a very cool pulp fiction poster (my favorite movie) and a Christmas card with Tim Hortons gift card! I feel very lucky. Tomorrow is my last shift before my holidays so I'll best testing that whiskey out after work listening to I Wanna be Sedated! You guys are the best! And thanks @lesmaney for organizing it again! I will definitely be back next year. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, but every time I see/hear about the Ramones now, I think:

Burnsey (resized).pngBurnsey (resized).png
    #1138 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

Sorry, but every time I see/hear about the Ramones now, I think:[quoted image]

"go to hell you old bastard"

#1139 4 months ago

I had opened one gift last night and it looks like my SS was a very good detective. I was born and raised in IL then moved to IN 9 years ago. So why Ohio St? No, I didn’t go there to school, but you see football stinks around these parts so I decided at a young age to follow a team that’s in the mix constantly and chose Ohio St as me and my father fished Lake Erie every year back then. Great gift Santa, I just retired my previous hat so the timing was perfect !

IMG_4335 (resized).jpegIMG_4335 (resized).jpeg
    #1140 4 months ago
    Quoted from Arsenal129:

Yup. Even got my backyard ready for a pool!

#1141 4 months ago

Box 1 opened… on day 5 of the flu, still running a fever, so I’ll be sampling this tea (and diving into the book) this evening! Thank you Santa, much needed. I felt horrible yesterday and there was no football on, and I was simply at a loss as to what to do, so went to bed for another fitful night. At least this evening I have plans!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1142 4 months ago

I had to do a video on this sweeeeet part of the secret santa gift that I got! I truly got a kick outta this and it made my day! Pardon my delay, being a one man arcade & pinball operator is a bit much at times. More photos and appreciation in my next post.

Made my logo look too sweeeet!

20231220_104227 (resized).jpg20231220_104227 (resized).jpg

#1143 4 months ago

Guys, I am immensely blessed. I received not one Secret Santa package at Thanksgiving but now two for Christmas. And let me tell you, the root beer and pretzels did tide me over until Christmas, but this box was even better. I am so blown away by the generosity of my Secret Santa. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is my favorite SS yet!

*not pictured because my kids absconded them: foosball soccer balls

But check out the "Brickinator 2" Lego set! It's so awesome, and great for the girls to build with me. (I had to take it back from them because one of them used it as a toy to sleep with. LOL)

Mata Hari and NGG swag, a Nudge mag, Novus, pinballs (always need those!), some tool that I have no idea what it is but I assume it's for adjusting switches, that pinball ornament, and that Jesus Never Tilts handmade sign is legit!

Thanks again SS!

IMG_8712 (resized).jpgIMG_8712 (resized).jpgIMG_8713 (resized).jpgIMG_8713 (resized).jpgIMG_8714 (resized).jpgIMG_8714 (resized).jpgIMG_8715 (resized).jpgIMG_8715 (resized).jpgIMG_8716 (resized).jpgIMG_8716 (resized).jpgIMG_8717 (resized).jpgIMG_8717 (resized).jpgIMG_8718 (resized).jpgIMG_8718 (resized).jpgIMG_8719 (resized).jpgIMG_8719 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpgIMG_8720 (resized).jpgIMG_8721 (resized).jpgIMG_8721 (resized).jpgIMG_8722 (resized).jpgIMG_8722 (resized).jpgIMG_8723 (resized).jpgIMG_8723 (resized).jpg
    #1144 4 months ago

Whomever authored that pinball book is probably surprised to see so many copies sold this month.

#1145 4 months ago

My SS gift arrived today! I am waiting until Christmas to open it. Ill post back pictures then. Thank you Secret Santa!

#1146 4 months ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Guys, I am immensely blessed. I received not one Secret Santa package at Thanksgiving but now two for Christmas. And let me tell you, the root beer and pretzels did tide me over until Christmas, but this box was even better. I am so blown away by the generosity of my Secret Santa. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is my favorite SS yet!
    But check out the "Brickinator 2" Lego set! It's so awesome, and great for the girls to build with me. (I had to take it back from them because one of them used it as a toy to sleep with. LOL)
    Mata Hari and NGG swag, a Nudge mag, Novus, pinballs (always need those!), some tool that I have no idea what it is but I assume it's for adjusting switches, that pinball ornament, and that Jesus Never Tilts handmade sign is legit!
    Thanks again SS![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the “ultimate leaf switch adjustment tool” and it is awesome.

#1147 4 months ago

Thanks again SS![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That ornament is super cool

#1148 4 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Whomever authored that pinball book is probably surprised to see so many copies sold this month.

The book is quite good! A good primer (or refresher) on the history, cleverly conveyed, and the art is truly impressive.

#1149 4 months ago

Correct, the tool is for adjusting blades on switches, very handy to have, and so simple.

#1150 4 months ago
    Quoted from SterlingRush:

Correct, the tool is for adjusting blades on switches, very handy to have, and so simple.

Look for the real old ones made out of steel.

Can't bend them like the newer aluminum one.

LTG : )

There are 1,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2023-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/23?hl=sidetrackedbrew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.