• Latest reply 2 years ago by Evets
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6394 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

And I'm back...

Looking for some specific suggestions as to were to look for the source of the missing second line on my Pinscore display. It's hard to run through the diagnostics and set up procedures without it.

So far..

I've pushed the test button on the Pinscore display itself. The top line works perfectly; the bottom line does not work at all.
I've reseated and wiggled the ribbon cable to no effect.
I have new Power Supply and Aux Power boards (Kohout) providing the power. I removed the 100V line fuses from the power supply because the LED Pinscore doesn't need them.
I've replaced most of the IDC connectors with Molex/trifurcon connectors, but not all.
I bought this display many years ago; it worked fine at the time. Since then, it has sat unused until I returned to this project a couple of days ago. It has about 20 minutes of use on it. I see no obvious signs of damage. I'm also unable to access Pinscore.com to see if they have any tech advice on site.

Any thoughts or direction will be appreciated.

#3 2 years ago

Will do. I've reseated the ribbon cable on both ends. I'll probably just add a new one to my next parts order. Thanks for the update on relationship between Marco and Pinscore. I've been out of the loop for quite a while and was unaware they had merged. That also explains why I couldn't access the Pinscore web site.

#4 2 years ago

Although manipulating and reseating the ribbon cable had no effect yesterday, I tried it one more time this morning, and this time it did bring a single digit in the lower row to life. You were right on the money, Shogun00. Thanks.

#5 2 years ago

Unfortunately, the ribbon cable wasn't the problem, so I am back to square one. I've sent Aaron at Marcos an email, requesting help in determining whether or not it is the Pinscore display that holds the problem or if the problem is upstream. If any of you have suggestions to help with the diagnosis, I would be glad to read them. In the picture below, you can see what happens when I press the segment test button. Thanks.

IMG_6394 (resized).JPGIMG_6394 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-next-taxi-issue-missing-bottom-line-of-pinscore-display?tu=Evets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.