Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    F0919D2D-9B84-4EB8-BDD4-5117C5F9365A (resized).jpeg
    552EAE08-FBD4-47FD-807D-4F95A982A337 (resized).jpeg
    743AE9AD-EDCB-4FDC-96B5-6C51CB486197 (resized).jpeg
    E58B1158-D565-4EE5-B08D-99B3E76D9B0A (resized).jpeg
    785A92F1-CF57-4A0D-BF24-B03BE4FFC8F0 (resized).jpeg
    F561E221-52E4-4ACC-AFC4-22915713DAE5 (resized).jpeg
    E52A6957-C00D-426F-B0AF-C676E7D26CAC (resized).jpeg
    1F206D90-4C28-44DF-B292-37FFC588B8CF (resized).jpeg
    BE750C84-A119-4B55-BE1D-731DCE55A258 (resized).jpeg
    FB89455F-7C3E-46BE-9F42-B663CA33612D (resized).jpeg
    8807A555-CB45-4DFB-9E9C-274D8EC95B05 (resized).jpeg
    EF8B8004-371B-47E2-9B73-69C7D6362949 (resized).jpeg
    52E7955A-6E6E-410C-8E9F-EBA9A93FB44B (resized).jpeg
    BFD7508B-52B7-423C-B830-22604B2650BF (resized).jpeg
    C2AB1B9F-3677-431E-90EA-9A25DC4E256E (resized).jpeg
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 1 year ago

Looking forward to soaking up MGC for all 3 days
    -Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#102 1 year ago

I might show up...

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

I might show up...

I was thinking about it too. Heard there was good BBQ nearby and Dan was buying….

#104 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I was thinking about it too. Heard there was good BBQ nearby and Dan was buying….

I just go for the polka escalator ride...

#105 1 year ago

Sounds like a good time. Pinball, Polka & BBQ. I think I'll check it out!

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

i push it everytime

Quoted from tullster:

Sounds like a good time. Pinball, Polka & BBQ. I think I'll check it out!

as long as i get to do bbq with ya

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Uh oh, apparently this is going away with the building renovation.

I did tell them I may have to write that button into our contract. If it's gone, we'll figure out something insane. I mean, I bought a 26 foot tall gorilla this year more or less on a dare (and because we need branding in the atrium since we can ticket at the entryway this year, hooray!), so...

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I mean, I bought a 26 foot tall gorilla this year more

Inflatable clown? I know where to get one.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Inflatable clown? I know where to get one.

I mean, if we can loan it and it is ridiculous, I might be able to find it a spot.

The gorilla is here in a box. I haven't been able to ensure he is as majestic as I imagine he is yet because it's been raining, and I can't set him up in the house.

#110 1 year ago

GORILLA IN A BOX
    I'm living in a cardboard box
    GORILLA IN A BOX

#111 1 year ago

Edit: I'm dumb. I just reread the first page, and we do get free Friday for games. Thank you for that!
    But the site might still need an update, as mentioned in my original post below.

Got an email from the arcade department on some game-bringer news. I noticed in the email it says bringing a game gets you Friday, Saturday, and Sunday admission. But on the web site, it only says Saturday/Sunday. Which one is correct? I'm about to confirm attendance for everybody in my group and want to make sure whether or not they need Friday tickets.

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Uh oh, apparently this is going away with the building renovation.

Wow, that sucks. Hitting that Polka button in the wee hours of Sunday morning gave me the energy to drag my sore body back to the room with a smile. It was a perfect nightcap to a long day. All I've got to share is a blurry picture from a video, but It'll be missed!
    IMG_3916 (resized).jpgIMG_3916 (resized).jpg

#113 1 year ago

If the polka button leaves so do we.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Edit: I'm dumb. I just reread the first page, and we do get free Friday for games. Thank you for that!
    But the site might still need an update, as mentioned in my original post below.
    Got an email from the arcade department on some game-bringer news. I noticed in the email it says bringing a game gets you Friday, Saturday, and Sunday admission. But on the web site, it only says Saturday/Sunday. Which one is correct? I'm about to confirm attendance for everybody in my group and want to make sure whether or not they need Friday tickets.

If you bring a game, you don't need Friday. I'll try to get that on the site properly.

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

If the polka button leaves so do we.

I mean, I can do my best to write this into our contract.

#116 1 year ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I mean, I can do my best to write this into our contract.

IT'S NOT ALREADY???? Very disappointed

#117 1 year ago

Anyone bringing a Baywatch? I might bring one if there isn't already one coming.

#118 1 year ago

I am new to posting on pinside forum. I will be attending the MGC and might be bringing a Bally #Happy Tour for play. If I am able to bring the game it will be for sale.

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from extratilter:

I am new to posting on pinside forum. I will be attending the MGC and might be bringing a Bally #Happy Tour for play. If I am able to bring the game it will be for sale.

nice. the more the merrier.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tallon:

IT'S NOT ALREADY???? Very disappointed

I just found out about it last week!!

#121 1 year ago

So I am trying to figure out how to fit a third game in my van. I have got my wife and daughter coming and I want to get weekend passes for them. I know I can fit my Zizzle Pirates in the van with the other 2 games I am bringing. My question is would the Zizzle pirates qualify for a weekend pass? This game does have a historical significance to pinball as it was the last game John Popaduke worked on that wasn’t a scam.

#122 1 year ago

Would like to trade or sell BSD at the show.

Would also consider selling before the show (and bring another title) if buyer isn't able to stay until 5pm on Sunday for load-out.

Current value does NOT include the LED ColorDMD that is going in it for the show. Thanks to Randy (ColorDMD) and animesuperj for arranging the show special for ColorDMD.

Machine - For Sale
    Fully shopped/refurbished - “For Sale or Trade Great condition BSD. (more pics via PM) Left side still red, front and right fully faded. Backbox and inserts are full LED. GI is mixed LED and Incandescent. N...”
    2023-03-15
    Oak Creek, WI
    Archived after: 24 days
    Viewed: 520 times

#123 1 year ago

I am highly interested in said BBQ

#124 1 year ago

Bringing a GB Prem and getting a ColorDMD to go with it. Question about getting the ColorDMD thru the show. I assume that I pick it up from someone at the show (already contacted Randy and ordered) and install it myself when I setup the game? Maybe would be a good idea to remove the original DMD before I leave home so that I don't have to carry it around after setup?

#125 1 year ago

I wouldn't tempt Murphy's Law by leaving home without a display.

#126 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Bringing a GB Prem and getting a ColorDMD to go with it. Question about getting the ColorDMD thru the show. I assume that I pick it up from someone at the show (already contacted Randy and ordered) and install it myself when I setup the game? Maybe would be a good idea to remove the original DMD before I leave home so that I don't have to carry it around after setup?

just leave the old DMD inside the game during the show .

#127 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinhead86:

just leave the old DMD inside the game during the show .

I'll end up forgetting about it when I leave and have a DMD bouncing around in the machine.

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I'll end up forgetting about it when I leave and have a DMD bouncing around in the machine.

Just put in a box with padding or something and leave it inside the game? Hell, put it right into the color DMD box. I don't know, doesn't seem very sketchy to me...

#129 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Just put it in the colordmd box and put it in the back of the cabinet. It will be fine. Done it for years no problem

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I need help with something. I need more notice for our BBQ lunch. Not to take away anything from the show, it is a lot of work for me bringing games and setting in a booth all weekend. So our BBQ lunch is one of the highlights for me. I get to sit back, eat good food, and have awesome conversations with a great group of friends. We might only see each other a few times a year, but i really do look forward to that time

I got you Troy! I'll make sure you know of each and every one of the 12 times we get BBQ.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

How can I bring games to him early. Can i show up Wednesday or thrusday night? I live somewhat close to Wisconsin center. I have 2 that I need him to look at. Also is he or anybody there able to look at a dig dug arcade game?

Definitely try and connect with me Thursday.

I've got plenty of experience with classic vids, bring it along. I can't guarantee anything, but depending on what the issue is, I can likely make it right for you.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    LockWhenLit at gmail dot com

#132 1 year ago

if you want standard size playfield glass, message me, i only plan to bring what is pre purchased

#133 1 year ago
    Quoted from PTHermes:

Would like to trade or sell BSD at the show

Maybe you can hookup a deal with the guy and the Zizzle Pirates!

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Correct on picking the Color DMD up at the show. They're getting boxed up and shipped to me, and then I'll bring them all to the show. I usually helped Tully in the past with game registration, so when you get to the show and register your game -- just ask for Jason and the Color DMD deal. I'll either be at the table helping reg or around the hall helping with general setup. I've done a few installs myself, they're super easy and quick. I'll have tools available if needed, and my laptop/usb stick just incase anything happens with the pre-configuration of the displays for people's games.

As others have said, I'd keep the original DMD in the game and just place it in the Color DMD box after install; then just put that box in your hotel, car, or just in the game.

#135 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I am highly interested in said BBQ

Is there an initiation for this said BBQ? This is my first MGC - willing to do any and all hazing rituals for some brisket.

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Is there an initiation for this said BBQ? This is my first MGC - willing to do any and all hazing rituals for some brisket.

no hazing required, but i think that the one thats been to the fewest MGC's covers the bill for initiation. lol

#137 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

no hazing required, but i think that the one thats been to the fewest MGC's covers the bill for initiation. lol

Seems more than fair. Should I just walk around the pins asking people if they want free BBQ? Will there be a group of men with aprons on ready to feast? BBQ bat signal?

Also where is this BBQ joint? I’m in even if it out of a guy’s windowless van.

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Seems more than fair. Should I just walk around the pins asking people if they want free BBQ? Will there be a group of men with aprons on ready to feast? BBQ bat signal?

Pretty sure it is in a van like this one.

CJUcb8eWsAAVQMU_465_349_int (resized).jpgCJUcb8eWsAAVQMU_465_349_int (resized).jpg
    #139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

[quoted image]

Damn even with inflation $20 goes a long way these days

#140 1 year ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

[quoted image]

why you gotta be posting pics of my van Eric???

#141 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

literally follow your nose. its kitty corner to the convention center. just follow us fat guys, you can't miss it then.

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Don't worry Barkz, its my first MGC too so we can split the pain lol

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't worry Barkz, its my first MGC too so we can split the pain lol

haha, the lunches are a great time, lots of chatting, stories and i truly look forward to it every year

#144 1 year ago

This has turned into a $1200 weekend now, even IF you're bringing a game for free entry. The headache and costs associated with driving in moving games in/out means it's a net neutral behavior for random game-bringers.

I've been a part of this show in some way/shape/form for over 10 years now. There's been some fantastic history here. The heyday of the Sheraton location was the charm that cemented this show as a cult-following for me. I mean come on, I woke up on Sunday morning and enjoyed ham & eggs with Gary Stern and Svengoolie? Come on. Those were awesome times.

Now it's too clinical and "convention-ey" for my taste. And I CANNOT diminish what a fucking shit-show load-in and load-out was the first 2 years of the WI center. GAWD. I have PTSD. Yes I hear you, Dan. It's better now.

I know they're asking for owners to bring pins to keep the selection fresh, but man, at $10,000 a pop, I'm not really interested in slamming 2,000 plays on my machines in 3 days. You just can't recover from that kind of wear & tear. I'm out.

It's so hard. I love Dan, Eric, Gary, Max and all of the other guys that work tirelessly on the show. But I just can't do the Milwaukee setup. Ugh.

#145 1 year ago

Exaggerate much?

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I'm not really interested in slamming 2,000 plays on my machines in 3 days. You just can't recover from that kind of wear & tear. I'm out.

Let's just assume there are 48 hours of play time on a machine during this time which is a very high estimate... that is 2880 minutes or 1.44 minutes per game on your machine.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Exaggerate much?

Were you there?

Quoted from kcZ:

Let's just assume there are 48 hours of play time on a machine during this time which is a very high estimate... that is 2880 minutes or 1.44 minutes per game on your machine.

FOUR machines @ 500 plays per. I'm probably underestimating.

#148 1 year ago

No... I heard all about it from you

#149 1 year ago

This has turned into a $1200 weekend now, even IF you're bringing a game for free entry. The headache and costs associated with driving in moving games in/out means it's a net neutral behavior for random game-bringers.
    I've been a part of this show in some way/shape/form for over 10 years now. There's been some fantastic history here. The heyday of the Sheraton location was the charm that cemented this show as a cult-following for me. I mean come on, I woke up on Sunday morning and enjoyed ham & eggs with Gary Stern and Svengoolie? Come on. Those were awesome times.
    Now it's too clinical and "convention-ey" for my taste. And I CANNOT diminish what a fucking shit-show load-in and load-out was the first 2 years of the WI center. GAWD. I have PTSD. Yes I hear you, Dan. It's better now.
    I know they're asking for owners to bring pins to keep the selection fresh, but man, at $10,000 a pop, I'm not really interested in slamming 2,000 plays on my machines in 3 days. You just can't recover from that kind of wear & tear. I'm out.
    It's so hard. I love Dan, Eric, Gary, Max and all of the other guys that work tirelessly on the show. But I just can't do the Milwaukee setup. Ugh.

Completely understandable man

#150 1 year ago

Cherry-picking a couple quotes that encapsulate why I unfortunately no longer feel drawn to the show:

The heyday of the Sheraton location was the charm [...]
    Now it's too clinical and "convention-ey" for my taste.

I'm not mad, it's no one's fault, successful things grow, etc. It just outgrew its charm for me, is all. I can't enjoy the airplane hangar vibe. And if you think I'm only picking on MGC, Expo ain't much better since its move.

But enough bellyaching! Those who enjoy this sort of thing, enjoy the heck out of it for me. I'll probably return when my son is old enough to be into some form of gaming, all of which MGC represents well.

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2023/page/3?hl=pinballizfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.