(Topic ID: 344075)

null

By CapeCodPin

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7217 (resized).jpeg
    simpsons-hahah.gif
    ff4411 (resized).png
    le dot (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5423.gif
    vinny.gif
    lock (resized).jpg
    the (resized).jpg
    four (resized).png
    bee (resized).png
    inn (resized).jpg
    FREE SHIPPING.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 months ago

:null deleted content

#2 7 months ago

Sounds like you found a coupon code submitted by someone unrelated to Mezel Mods, that took it out of context and put it somewhere it didn't belong (anyone can submit to those sites).

I think you should have gotten a message about it sooner, but I don't see why they should have to honor a code that was never meant to be put on a coupon site with no context.

#3 7 months ago

How did you order from them but never see their website? Lots of suppliers offer free show pickups. Seems you missed the fine print on this one.

#4 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Rip off warning.

How did they rip you off? I assume you either paid the shipping (thereby completing your order) or they refunded you?

All coupons have conditions or circumstances where they can be used. Your order qualified for them to deliver it for free to the Chicago show... How are they to know you weren't going to be there? As mentioned before, this is a service alot of vendors provide. I'm sorry you found a random coupon that Google scraped from their site that didn't include the terms... sounds like your beef is with whoever aggregates that coupon data, not Mezel.

#5 7 months ago

It never ends around here. Rip Off alert for some random coupon you found "via google?"

Come on man.

#6 7 months ago

What the hell I entered code EXPO and they didn't even give me muh damn free shippin!

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

How did they rip you off? I assume you either paid the shipping (thereby completing your order) or they refunded you?
    All coupons have conditions or circumstances where they can be used. Your order qualified for them to deliver it for free to the Chicago show... How are they to know you weren't going to be there? As mentioned before, this is a service alot of vendors provide. I'm sorry you found a random coupon that Google scraped from their site that didn't include the terms... sounds like your beef is with whoever aggregates that coupon data, not Mezel.

It would have been fine if upon entering the code on the order form, it didn't credit out the freight charge and state explicitly, "free shipping". Even if it said, free shipping to Chicago show or something similar, that would have been accurate and acceptable. I've ordered literally hundreds of item online, always search for a code first and entered it if found, and never had a vendor reneg on the offer.

#8 7 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

What the hell I entered code EXPO and they didn't even give me muh damn free shippin!

What would you think if this is what comes up when you apply the code?????

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 19-01-41 Purchase Pinball Cabinet Assembly Protectors (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-09-26 at 19-01-41 Purchase Pinball Cabinet Assembly Protectors (resized).png
    #9 7 months ago

I think you should just suck it up and accept that the code was for a circumstance that doesn't apply to you. If you found it randomly through google who knows the genesis of how it got there?

The thing literally says expo, clearly they only made it for people going to the expo. Just because their website accepts the code doesn't mean you are entitled to the discount.

#10 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I've ordered literally hundreds of item online, always search for a code first and entered it if found, and never had a vendor reneg on the offer.

You still haven't. They didn't reneg on their offer, they'll still bring to Expo for free.

The issue is that you weren't given the *full information* ON what the specifics of the offer was from whatever website this had been posted to.

I agree their website checkout may not have described it in full, but short of modifying their web store just for this specific promotion, the people who received direct notification of the offer from them seemed to know what it was.

So, respectfully, the lesson isn't "avoid mezel mods," it's "check your sources."

#11 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

[quoted image]

I was just joking but the code literally is expo lmfaoooo

#12 7 months ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

You still haven't. They didn't reneg on their offer, they'll still bring to Expo for free.
    The issue is that you weren't given the *full information* ON what the specifics of the offer was from whatever website this had been posted to.
    I agree their website checkout may not have described it in full, but short of modifying their web store just for this specific promotion, the people who received direct notification of the offer from them seemed to know what it was.
    So, respectfully, the lesson isn't "avoid mezel mods," it's "check your sources."

There was no mention that the intention of the coupon was for pick ups in Chicago. I assumed the "expo" part of the coupon simply indicated they were doing something special for everybody due to them participating at the show. They don't have to mod their site, but don't list "free shipping" when the code is entered on a shipped order. Why ask for my shipping address if they aren't planning on shipping it? If I got an email, or saw a FB post that's one thing.

#13 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

There was no mention that the intention of the coupon was for pick ups in Chicago. I assumed the "expo" part of the coupon simply indicated they were doing something special for everybody due to them participating at the show. They don't have to mod their site, but don't list "free shipping" when the code is entered on a shipped order. Why ask for my shipping address if they aren't planning on shipping it? If I got an email, or saw a FB post that's one thing.

How do automated forms on the internet work? I have no idea.

Look, all goofing aside, I can see why you would have made this mistake, but to actually then refuse to understand and carry on and be mad about it, well thats just a little silly. As soon as they explained to me what happened, everything would have clicked right then and there and I would have been completely understanding. Then I would have either paid the difference or canceled my order and that would have been the end of it with no animosity toward Mezel Mods and perhaps a slight embarrassment to myself but no big deal.

#14 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

There was no mention that the intention of the coupon was for pick ups in Chicago. I assumed the "expo" part of the coupon simply indicated..."

... And I totally get your disappointment, and I promise I'm not trying to downplay that, I've been there. But the problem is that second sentence that begins with "I assumed..." and I'm afraid you weren't correct, and now you're declaring that they're to blame for that assumption.

... When in fact, they DID mention the intention of the coupon when they first publicly posted it on their social media, and that's attached below.

With respect, the blame should be on the site where you found the code that didn't give you all of the information, not mezel mods.
    Screenshot_20230927-152156_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230927-152156_Instagram (resized).jpg

#16 7 months ago

Wait. You Google-Fu'd a random coupon code and landed on the Expo free shipping code? Those are industry standard in this hobby. They apply to the weekend of the show. They don't apply otherwise. No one expects them to remain open forever, nor be honored forever. You think that you should get free shipping because someone forgot to disable a coupon code that is obviously not applicable for your use. You sound like a real "finder's keepers" guy. No one likes that guy.

#17 7 months ago

This is gold.

#18 7 months ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Wait. You Google-Fu'd a random coupon code and landed on the Expo free shipping code? Those are industry standard in this hobby. They apply to the weekend of the show. They don't apply otherwise. No one expects them to remain open forever, nor be honored forever. You think that you should get free shipping because someone forgot to disable a coupon code that is obviously not applicable for your use. You sound like a real "finder's keepers" guy. No one likes that guy.

Not at all. It was applied when it was still applicable. Otherwise, when you enter a bad code on ANY order you get an error as "invalid" or "expired". Wasn't because someone didn't disable it, or it was expired. If there was ANY indication that it didn't apply to my order I'd have ZERO issue.

#19 7 months ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

The show hasn't happened yet the offer is still good. The offer was never free shipping, it was free pickup at the show. It just changes your shipping charge to free because obviously shipping charges do not apply. Lots of people travel from all over the world to this show too so its not even unreasonable that somebody with a Massachusetts address would use this code.

Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Not at all. It was applied when it was still applicable. Otherwise, when you enter a bad code on ANY order you get an error as "invalid" or "expired". Wasn't because someone didn't disable it, or it was expired. If there was ANY indication that it didn't apply to my order I'd have ZERO issue.

You're correct about this. However, in your case the code just was not applicable.

#20 7 months ago

there's a Yelper born every minute.

#21 7 months ago

Look, I know that somewhere, somehow, SOMEBODY must be getting screwed every now and then on a deal from a pinball company. The problem is, when you see stuff like this, again and again and again, you just start to assume that the customer is always, ALWAYS wrong when it comes to pinball.

That's why I'm endlessly cynical about these whining threads, and always assume it's just an impossible to please psycho who can't accept reality or reason.

Some day, this may come back to haunt me and I'll seem unreasonable. But, until then...

#22 7 months ago

Mezelmods won't ship your Lumalegz? I know it can be embarrassing carrying those through the airport and all...

j/k

#23 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Oh, then great news. The code is applicable to your order. Just go to Chicago to pick it up in-person, with no shipping charge. Problem solved.

#24 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

It's not invalid or expired though... you're welcome to go to the expo and get it.

And there was an indication it didn't apply to your order right on the social media post where Mezel mods announced this coupon. You got it from somewhere else, that isn't their fault.

#25 7 months ago

I love a cheap skate and a troll. If you cant accept the free pickup at a tradeshow, oh well. Move along. You won't get any sympathy for a $35 order.

#26 7 months ago
    Quoted from Conrad:

I love a cheap skate and a troll. If you cant accept the free pickup at a tradeshow, oh well. Move along. You won't get any sympathy for a $35 order.

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE!!!!

#27 7 months ago

Op has issues.

I can even believe you thought it was a good idea to fight with them. And then have a audacity to post a defense here.

You have no reason to be mad or even try to make them look bad.

#28 7 months ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Op has issues.
    I can even believe you thought it was a good idea to fight with them. And then have a audacity to post a defense here.
    You have no reason to be mad or even try to make them look bad.

This!

#29 7 months ago

Well posting here will definitely change the entire situation. Man please just check yourself you're being cheap dude!! Just move on & do something else like telling kids to get off your lawn!

#30 7 months ago

while were here, OP may as well post some private exchanges between him and Mezel Mods. just to see how right he really thought he was.

#31 7 months ago
    1000001546.gif1000001546.gif
    #32 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

[quoted image]

A lot of ordering systems don't explicitly have an easy way to specify local pickup for an external location. So, sometimes workarounds (like a special coupon code) are needed.

Nobody is ripping anybody off. It just sounds like you grabbed the coupon code without seeing the full instructions that went along with it.

Our hobby is so niche that there generally aren't coupon codes just floating around on the Internet at large or on the usual coupon sites, like you might see with bigger national companies. If a pinball company does offer coupons, the best places to check for it are their website, their social media, or Pinside.

So--I'd recommend either picking it up at expo like indicated in the instructions, or just cover the shipping to get it to your front door.

#33 7 months ago

Why do folks treat pinball mod companies like Amazon or Walmart?

#34 7 months ago

Because people as a group are a bunch of self entitled ashholes.

Myself included

#35 7 months ago

So op... What have you learned from this thread?

#36 7 months ago
    I9mw.gifI9mw.gif
    #37 7 months ago

Coupons for pinball? I gotta open my valpaks more often!

#38 7 months ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Why are you still fighting this?

You didn't meet the requirements to use the discount - own it.

You took some third party explanation, either ignored it, or it was incomplete, and expect the vendor to adhere to YOUR interpretation?

You're just digging yourself a hole.

#39 7 months ago

Classic example of a person who cannot admit their own fault. Starting this thread to attack a business person I've bought from a lot and very pleased over the years is absurd. Time to grow up capecod

#40 7 months ago

Op. Welcome to pinside and your first 2 post were great but this one sucks a@s. You’re going to complain about a great company on here and this is common practice for shows. You might want to apologize quick and change the name of your thread “sorry Mezel…. I’m an idiot”

#41 7 months ago

Mezel Mods have always been courteous and professional. Good people.

#42 7 months ago

Well... Tim's not always professional... but that because we're friends and ex coworkers.
    That's why Mrs mezel ejected him to only be a booth babe

#43 7 months ago

Not gonna get any sympathy around here. You made a mistake, like it or not.

#44 7 months ago

Tim and Kristen Mezel have been around for over 10 years and mostly loved for making some of the first and best mods for our games!

#45 7 months ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

there's a Yelper born every minute.

Yelp-badge (resized).pngYelp-badge (resized).png
    #46 7 months ago

What a great week for Pinside. Asac_shrader thread and now this. I’m gonna cancel my Hulu and hang here.

#47 7 months ago

Sounds like a future episode of "Extreme Couponing."

#48 7 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

What a great week for Pinside. Asac_shrader thread and now this. I’m gonna cancel my Hulu and hang here.

What did I miss?

#49 7 months ago

Op ditch buying a mod. Buy this machine instead from Asac_shader. I’m sure you 2 will get along really well!!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/153350

#50 7 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I think this is at LEAST a future fourth runner up candidate for Best of Pinside...

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mezel-mod-won-t-honor-coupon?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.