(Topic ID: 54399)

Metallica Pro - Cointaker LED Conversion (Before & After)

By Triumvirat73

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

In case any of you are on the fence about ordering the Cointaker LED kit for the Metallica Pro, here's a little before and after comparison for your consideration. There may be a couple of frosted GI lights I may swap out for personal taste, but overall I think this kit is a homerun with their bulb choices.

Unfortunately, I failed to take the before and after pictures with the full light test on so it doesn't do a great job of showing off all of the vibrant insert colors.

I'll update this tomorrow with an "after" picture that properly showcases all of the lights.

// Error: Image 110281 not found // // Error: Image 110282 not found //

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

What color did you use for the 3/4 Fuel? Red, Orange, Yellow, WARM WHITE?, Green?

Red, orange, orange, yellow, green. Sounds odd, but looks quite awesome when they're all lit up.

I'll snap another picture tonight with them all lit up so you can see the transition of colours.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Just a tip for all of you with the Pro.. if you put LEDs in the inserts below FUEL , CROSS, Switch, Coffin and whatever that third one is...
If i recall 2 of the Bulbs are centered and 2 are not... so youll get a uneven effect with LEDs... You can relocate the bulbs to the middle just by relocating the socket(yes youll have to make another screw hole in the bottom of the PF)

Cointaker has addressed those issues by providing flex lights for those areas so you can position the LED light source in the center of everything. If there are any that are off a little too far you can just move the plastic bulb housing a bit without even needing to unscrew it.

The ONLY complaint I can think of (and it's minor) is that they only provide 5 color-changing flex bulbs for the Electric Chair inserts, but there are, in fact, 6 Electric Chair inserts. The instructions say to put a CC flex in all 6 inserts but they only indicate, and include, 5 cc flex bulbs in the bulb inventory. I just put a cool white in the insert in front of the actual electric chair, which works fine because when it's lit up it's time for multiball anyways, so I don't mind it being different. Just my $0.02 of course.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Great Tip; Flex are a great idea if you want a Super Bright LED in your inserts...
However what if you dont want a Super Bright LED under your insert? Say you want frosted or Super Bright with a Frosted or Clear cap(or anything else that isnt a Super Bright) Then this mod makes perfect sense....

Yes , this is true. I was referring strictly to the kit. If you are picking out your LEDs individually then you will want to take this into consideration. The good news is that, for the most part, there is plenty of room on the underside if the playfield to work with if you're going to reposition housings.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I once seen a Pontiac Fiero dressed up as a Lamborghini and it was way less money !

Why you making me feel bad about my pimpin' Pro?!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Sorry, not my intentions. I was replying to the guy that dumped on the guys who paid 2K more for the LE.

It's all good. I'm just messin'. I'd love an LE, but couldn't justify the cost difference for myself personally.

I'm stoked for all of you that got an LE though. Super nice game!

I think that anyone who has a Metallica, regardless of version, should be very happy. They are all awesome in their own right.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The LE/Premium games have WHITE/BLUE and RED GI strings. Did you consider putting in the RED/WHITE/BLUE under the slings and the other colors in the GI? I did this with XMEN PRO and it turned out fantastic.

I really just wanted to get the kit in first and get used to it with the stock kit. I'm sure I will be making some changes here and there to suit my personal taste, but I have to reiterate that the kit is an outstanding starting point.

There will be many who will be very happy with the kit just the way it is, I'm sure.

#21 10 years ago

Thanks for the unexpected reply, Melissa!

I'm in no panic, and I'm planning on ordering some other LEDs before long so I'll just drop you an email before I order and you can drop one in with that order, if you'd be so kind. But, as I've said, it looks awesome anyways, so I'm not even a little concerned.

Cheers!

#23 10 years ago

I know, I saw that you shattered your LE inline drop! Hopefully they can get a replacement (or two) out to you quickly! Lord knows you've waited patiently...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-pro-cointaker-led-conversion-before-after?tu=Triumvirat73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.