Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

hello, so i found at coinmaker,com they sell led light kits for 8 ball deluxe, and it says that the kit is made of this,
Complete Kit is Made From 4 Sections.

1. Controlled Lamps / Lamp Matrix 44/555, below the playfield (Turn on and off with gameplay)

2. Playfield General Illumination 44/555, ( lighting slingshots, perimeter playfield, generally on all of time)

3. Super Flashers 89/906, larger lamps that flash during game play for shots hit, etc.

4. Backbox General Illumination 44/555 (backbox lights, generally on all of the time)
it also says this,"THIS KIT REQUIRES A NEW ALLTEK LAMP DRIVER BOARD FOR THE CONTROLLED LAMP/INSERT SECTION OF THE GAME TO WORK PROPERLY. "
my question is to replace JUST the "Playfield General Illumination " and the "Backbox General Illumination " lights, is there a diagram of exactly where each of these is located on the machine? I am not going to get the Lamp driver or super flashers and I dont want to short anything out when installing the led bulbs. thank you for your expertise on this matter,
wendy

#2 3 years ago

Here's what yiu want to do. Head over to cometpinball and buy some bulk bulbs.
You're looking for 555 & 44s, frosted, and a white color. Warm white would be my advice and closest to original, but some people like sunlight.

Take off the backglass and count all the bulbs that don't light up anything on the front, usually everthing that doesnt have a small box around them. Things like game over, high score. Player # etc are what you want to avoid. These are all general illumination.. Next take off your plastics and count all the bulbs sticking through the playfield, those are general illumination.

Order that many bulbs plus a few extra.
555 have a wedged base you push in
44s have a round base that you twist in

Or wait to see if anyone off hand knows the correct amount

Inwas thinking they were all 44s at first, but I think a lot of the controlled lights are 555s...so all the bulbs you need may still be 44s.

#3 3 years ago

thanks!
i did order the 555 wedgie bulbs, frosted natural white, from comet, they came today, thank you for the direction, i wasn't sure about the blackglass lights in the plastic squares, thanks for that info, I changed all the others on the backglass, next I will do the play field bulbs. just wanted to try to make sure i dont put a wedgie bulb in a place that will screw things up, I saw that some sites include a illustration of where all the bulbs go when you buy the total kit and light driver, was hoping someone might have a copy of that illustration they could upload, or maybe it is all ready here somewhere? thanks

Quoted from TheLaw:

Here's what yiu want to do. Head over to cometpinball and buy some bulk bulbs.
You're looking for 555 & 44s, frosted, and a white color. Warm white would be my advice and closest to original, but some people like sunlight.
Take off the backglass and count all the bulbs that don't light up anything on the front, usually everthing that doesnt have a small box around them. Things like game over, high score. Player # etc are what you want to avoid. These are all general illumination.. Next take off your plastics and count all the bulbs sticking through the playfield, those are general illumination.
Order that many bulbs plus a few extra.
555 have a wedged base you push in
44s have a round base that you twist in
Or wait to see if anyone off hand knows the correct amount
Inwas thinking they were all 44s at first, but I think a lot of the controlled lights are 555s...so all the bulbs you need may still be 44s.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from wendyb:

just wanted to try to make sure i dont put a wedgie bulb in a place that will screw things up, ...

Don't worry aboot screwing things up; you can't. Putting a LED in a controlled lamp socket will just make the LED blink a lot, you'll know right away it's wrong, & it's not harmful.

#6 3 years ago

Wendy B

You want to replace this board to handle the Led's

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ULTLDB

There is a wire that you hook to the board and then solder the other end onto a control lamp (I think) to reduce flicker,
directions come with the board, what other boards have you changed so far?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from DigitalJB:

Wendy B
You want to replace this board ...

Not needed for GI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-light-kit-for-eight-ball-deluxe-qiestion?hl=wanimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.