(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,238 posts
  • 201 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

438196228_1084798152593104_5909882289470841351_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240209_201211894_exported_35562 (resized).jpg
IMG_8465_exported_11941 (resized).jpg
IMG_3565 (resized).jpeg
pinballimage (resized).png
ezgif-1-f73e813750.gif
IMB_C1LtUI.gif
IMG_0566 (2) (resized).png
IMG_3433 (resized).png
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
20240417_192422 (resized).jpg
20240417_214455 (resized).jpg
20240417_220229 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 2,238 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.
#951 89 days ago

Topper sighting at Ayce Gogi in LA https://www.facebook.com/reel/374002518608761?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=0NULKw

Wonder if that means the topper and shooter rods will be shipping out soon.

#952 88 days ago

I'm hosting the Belles and Chimes league at home next month. Fingers crossed it will arrive in time!

#953 88 days ago

If they are shipping that’s great news. I hadn’t heard they came in yet. Maybe just another test location?

#954 88 days ago

BOF kinda reminds me of the early rosh and Barry days over at American Pinball when they released Houdini. They too were eager to thrill their customers, had a strong title, and demonstrated innovative engineering coupled with beautiful artwork.

#955 88 days ago

Just played the Laby at Ayce Gogi. Definitely a fun machine, lots of surprises while playing, so cool to have the movie moments fit into the flow of the game so well. This is a top title. I think these will become hard to get down the line, once folks experience how nifty it is.

#956 87 days ago

Finally settled on some color choices for my precision flippers. I was going copper or deep green and after a short debate ended up with copper Halos with grey Rubbers.

Outside of the cosmetic difference, which is profound in my book, the gameplay change is immediate as well. If you haven’t tried a pair of these flippers on your game I highly recommend it. They also just happen to be gorgeous. Thanks 1956PINHEAD for continuing to innovate and make great product. I was thinking of what colors to chose from the moment I preordered my game.

IMG_5570 (resized).jpegIMG_5570 (resized).jpegIMG_5575 (resized).jpegIMG_5575 (resized).jpegIMG_5576 (resized).jpegIMG_5576 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5577 (resized).jpegIMG_5577 (resized).jpeg
#957 87 days ago

I haven’t seen this posted yet either. We have
to be close to shipping to the public.

http://www.kollectfun.com/topper/bof_topper.pdf
bof_topper.pdfbof_topper.pdf

#958 87 days ago

Do we know what number we are up to as far as deliveries?

#959 87 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I haven’t seen this posted yet either. We have
to be close to shipping to the public.
http://www.kollectfun.com/topper/bof_topper.pdf
[quoted image]

My better half is excited. She is waiting to add the alt backglass when the topper comes.

#960 87 days ago

Ok that's funny :

IMG_0558 (resized).jpegIMG_0558 (resized).jpeg
#961 87 days ago

Am I the only one having this problem constantly? Is there some sort of pre-drilled plate that can sandwich this thing on? If so, what’s it called?

IMG_8887 (resized).jpegIMG_8887 (resized).jpeg
#962 87 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Am I the only one having this problem constantly? Is there some sort of pre-drilled plate that can sandwich this thing on? If so, what’s it called?[quoted image]

show support that. [email protected]

#963 87 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Is there some sort of pre-drilled plate that can sandwich this thing on?

I don't have a game to check.

Are those two screws that hold it on ? I'd remove them, put blue rubber snubber and plate back on. Put screws back in, may need a small washer on each one.

If it's rivets, I'd cut them off and use 2/56 switch screws and nuts and washers.

LTG : )

#964 87 days ago

paulbaptiste Good choice on the color combo's, looks great! Thanks for the kudos on the product, I really appreciate it.
John

#965 87 days ago

Finally settled on some color choices for my precision flippers. I was going copper or deep green and after a short debate ended up with copper Halos with grey Rubbers.
Outside of the cosmetic difference, which is profound in my book, the gameplay change is immediate as well. If you haven’t tried a pair of these flippers on your game I highly recommend it. They also just happen to be gorgeous. Thanks 1956PINHEAD for continuing to innovate and make great product. I was thinking of what colors to chose from the moment I preordered my game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kinda steampunky, fits super good.

#966 87 days ago

Outside of the cosmetic difference, which is profound in my book, the gameplay change is immediate as well. If you haven’t tried a pair of these flippers on your game I highly recommend it.

Funny. I went with the copper halos as well. Put them on last week. Kept the stock flipper rubbers though.

#967 87 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Am I the only one having this problem constantly? Is there some sort of pre-drilled plate that can sandwich this thing on? If so, what’s it called?[quoted image]

Mine came out because the screws fell out. I put them back in with a bit of threadlock. I can't remember if there was a plate I'll check at home after work.

#968 87 days ago

Labyrinth is on location at Final Gravity brewing in Richmond, Virginia! I cannot overstate how beautiful this game is. You hear that from people and you're like yeah there's a lot of beautiful pinball games but this is next level. It didn't arrive until the last minute at the shipping depot so I got to pay exactly one game on it before I had to go so I'm excited to get some serious time on it on Thursday. Stupid work!

The topper is awesome. The goblins arrived with hairnets on it was adorable. I was in too much of a rush to get a photo.

PXL_20240130_225753513.jpgPXL_20240130_225753513.jpg
#969 87 days ago

Or send the game back and have em send you a new one!

Quoted from Yoreland:

I clicked on image gallery and very quickly found a picture indicating that yes, you are missing a piece.

Screenshot_20240131-064004 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240131-064004 (resized).png
#970 86 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Or send the game back and have em send you a new one!

I clicked on image gallery and very quickly found a picture indicating that yes, you are missing a piece. [quoted image]

Damn! You're right. That's what I thought. Thanks!
R

#971 86 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

did you reattach the screws yourself and just miss the plate that had fallen off?

Usually is just a small plate like this - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-00

Or there is a second style that wraps around the rubber and is a bit bigger. Look in your game for the loose piece if the screws had ever been out completely.

#972 86 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ball search doesn’t currently cycle the center wall. With the curve on it, it’s usually a simple nudge to get it moving.

epthegeek This is why I mentioned it previously... the ball can sit in the cutout and won't shake free. Just too good of a fit.

I didn't get a chance to look and see if there is a screw to adjust the resting low position of the mech.. which I can use to minimize the 'gap' and the ball's tendency to stick there.. but this is what I was talking about with ball hangs there.

IMG_1519 (resized).jpgIMG_1519 (resized).jpg

#973 86 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

did you reattach the screws yourself and just miss the plate that had fallen off?
Usually is just a small plate like this - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9648-00
Or there is a second style that wraps around the rubber and is a bit bigger. Look in your game for the loose piece if the screws had ever been out completely.

Thanks, they forgot to install the plates at the factory. Screws have always been firmly in place.
Support is sending me out the missing plates.

#974 86 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Labyrinth is on location at Final Gravity brewing in Richmond, Virginia! I cannot overstate how beautiful this game is. You hear that from people and you're like yeah there's a lot of beautiful pinball games but this is next level. It didn't arrive until the last minute at the shipping depot so I got to pay exactly one game on it before I had to go so I'm excited to get some serious time on it on Thursday. Stupid work!
The topper is awesome. The goblins arrived with hairnets on it was adorable. I was in too much of a rush to get a photo.
[quoted image]

Congratulations.

Quick question, how heavy is the topper itself ? Just approximately.

Have fun

#975 86 days ago

It was light enough for me to install myself and never think "damn this is heavy". Maybe 20lbs? But I'm not a great guesstimator.

Does anybody have a fix in place for the ello stucky?

A couple quick notes on unboxing... The tilt bob is installed and tightened all the way up against the ring so that it can't move. Be sure to move it to your desired height before playing. My game was shipped with three straps after taking the box off of the top. Two of them hold it to the pallet, one of them is just around the game. If you're moving fast and cut all three your backbox may unceremoniously slam back into what would be its upright position. There wasn't any unpacking documentation noting as much and 95% of people will see that you shouldn't cut all three but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

#977 86 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It was light enough for me to install myself and never think "damn this is heavy". Maybe 20lbs? But I'm not a great guesstimator.
Does anybody have a fix in place for the ello stucky?
A couple quick notes on unboxing... The tilt bob is installed and tightened all the way up against the ring so that it can't move. Be sure to move it to your desired height before playing. My game was shipped with three straps after taking the box off of the top. Two of them hold it to the pallet, one of them is just around the game. If you're moving fast and cut all three your backbox may unceremoniously slam back into what would be its upright position. There wasn't any unpacking documentation noting as much and 95% of people will see that you shouldn't cut all three but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Mine had a tag on the middle band that said do not cut until legs are attached, or something similar.

#978 86 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Looks like it’s official

Ups my want list. Labyrinth with the amazing topper.

#979 86 days ago

Congrats to all that took the leap. Meeting the crew at Expo was such a pleasant experience and I felt very confident in the pin after playing it. I would have also but just not ready with play money yet to add a pin. I can’t wait to run into this pin again.

#980 86 days ago

Can an owner shoot a picture of their coindoor interlock switch? I’m guessing my loose wire goes on the bottom tab but want to confirm. Thanks!

IMG_5588 (resized).jpegIMG_5588 (resized).jpeg
#981 86 days ago

I’m guessing my loose wire goes on the bottom tab but want to confirm.

You are a good guesser !

I don't have the game to check. Doesn't matter in this instance. ( 30 years experience with high power interlock switches ) Going on the bottom tab is the only way for the switch complete the circuit. And the bottom tab has solder, the middle one doesn't.

Pinside_forum_8008001_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8008001_0 (resized).jpg
#982 85 days ago

All these topper boxes stacked together reminded me of the location of the lost Ark in Indiana Jones lol.

Boxes design is very cool and fits the theme nicely. Nice touch.

#983 85 days ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

All these topper boxes stacked together reminded me of the location of the lost Ark in Indiana Jones lol.
Boxes design is very cool and fits the theme nicely. Nice touch.

Top men are working on them.... TOP... MEN!

#984 85 days ago

Like I posted in the hype thread. No way i'm taking any chance of my goblins hairstyle.

I'm bringing mine to my barber for stylist design with the mention : but very careful with hair dryer lol

#985 85 days ago

Boy i'm I thinking about a mullet for the creepy one and a permanent hair style for women for the other one.

Maybe dye that permanent.

Keep the extra hairs for a goatee beard.

#986 85 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

epthegeek This is why I mentioned it previously... the ball can sit in the cutout and won't shake free. Just too good of a fit.
I didn't get a chance to look and see if there is a screw to adjust the resting low position of the mech.. which I can use to minimize the 'gap' and the ball's tendency to stick there.. but this is what I was talking about with ball hangs there.
[quoted image]

I decided to try to address this today... basically the gap for the drop-wall can lead to ball traps... that can be pretty hard to shake the ball out. This is a big deal for location play.

So I looked to see if there is any height adjustment for this mech... nope.. it's just a plunger that bottoms out to the coil bracket.

Here is the starting point... its kind of hard to discern, but the left side of the wall is pretty close to the top of the wood, while the right side is just about 1/32 or so low..

starting (resized).pngstarting (resized).png

Pulling the mech out... this is what you're working with... it's basically a pop-bumper design. Just 4 screws to free the bracket from playfield.
IMG_5942 copy (resized).jpgIMG_5942 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_5943 copy (resized).jpgIMG_5943 copy (resized).jpg

But there is no way to adjust the travel of the plunger. It just goes till those plates hit the coil bracket. So I looked at putting washers inbetween the wall piece and the posts it mounts to.

I originally started with 1 washer on left, and 2 on right. This was too much, the wall sat a little proud. So I went back to zero on the left, and one on the right.

washer (resized).jpgwasher (resized).jpg

Just remove the two screws in the posts, insert washer below the wall piece, reassemble.

BE WARNED - This mech is extremely fickle. It's very very easy to reassemble this and cause the plunger movement to bind. If you just crank the screws down, it will likely bind up. TEST THE MOVEMENT before you go to remount into the game.. it must move freely. I found just tightening a screw a little bit, cycling the mech, and then tightening the other screw, and repeating this allowed me to get snug without binding. Watch out you don't back out the screws near the coil end when unscrewing the screws at the top.

When reinstalling into the playfield, do not tighten the screws initially! You will have to find the perfect spot where the mech will cycle without binding. Will seem easy enough loose, but as you secure the screws, it will move just enough and start binding. There is movement in some rotation and X/Y. So baby-step it until you find the sweet spot where it's snug but the wall moves without binding.

It's difficult to test, as it's hard to reach this spot due to the plastic over the area... and balls will easily drop into the scoop vs roll where you want. But with a magnet rod I was able to confirm some improvement. Hopefully no hangups at all!

I would not recommend doing this unless you are experiencing a lot of ball hangs here and are a location setup. The mech is extremely fickle and the sweet spot for free movement is pretty small. Home users may just want to take the glass off for the infrequent times it happens vs struggle with this.

There didn't seem to be any play to adjust the bracket itself to adjust it's resting height... as the bracket is two piece, but I didn't see any slots for sliding adjustments.

#987 85 days ago

Aah much better. 2 Coin mechs and a DBA. A little increase in the flipper pulse and this thing is amazing. Crazy 1 more game vibes.

PXL_20240201_195848324.jpgPXL_20240201_195848324.jpg
#988 85 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Aah much better. 2 Coin mechs and a DBA. A little increase in the flipper pulse and this thing is amazing. Crazy 1 more game vibes.
[quoted image]

Haha! I think the single coin mech on the door was the ONLY thing that I thought looked odd.
I've wondered why they made that design choice.
Can't wait for my game to ship.

#989 85 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I decided to try to address this today... basically the gap for the drop-wall can lead to ball traps... that can be pretty hard to shake the ball out. This is a big deal for location play.

Doh. I guess it’s too late to tell you that I added kicking the wall if the game thinks it’s down when a ball search runs for the next update.
./sad-trombone

#990 84 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Doh. I guess it’s too late to tell you that I added kicking the wall if the game thinks it’s down when a ball search runs for the next update.
./sad-trombone

It's about the journey and not the destination!

#991 84 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:Finally settled on some color choices for my precision flippers. I was going copper or deep green and after a short debate ended up with copper Halos with grey Rubbers.
Outside of the cosmetic difference, which is profound in my book, the gameplay change is immediate as well. If you haven’t tried a pair of these flippers on your game I highly recommend it. They also just happen to be gorgeous. Thanks 1956PINHEAD for continuing to innovate and make great product. I was thinking of what colors to chose from the moment I preordered my game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These flippers look awesome. Would love to get these too when my machine comes in. Thanks for sharing.

#992 84 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

./sad-trombone

Thank you for the update!

Quoted from Chalkey:

[quoted image]

What exact pulse settings are you using?

#993 84 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

./sad-trombone

I was gonna persist on that… but then second guessed myself because of the plastic over the area and worried it might lead to smash…

#994 84 days ago

I'll take a pic when I get back to the location. It wasn't much of an increase, I backed down from my first attempt / guess as they were a little *too* spicy. I just did the pulse not the power.

Likewise if anyone has the perfect number for the left ramp kick out please post it. I thought I had it dialed in and it started giving out some SDTM feeds. The default is like the yagov kick from F14 but crossing to the right flipper.

#995 84 days ago

Should ideally be able to dial in the kick out strength like GZ where you can drop catch it with the left flipper.

#996 84 days ago

Crystal ball shooter rod, maybe BOF will make one? That would be just perfect, and also a call out to the awesome Michael Moschen.

#997 84 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Crystal ball shooter rod, maybe BOF will make one? That would be just perfect, and also a call out to the awesome Michael Moschen.

Saw this one while looking for something other than what they are offering for Labyrinth pins as it's not my kind of thing. Have not decided yet but it will be a bit before mine ships.

I do kind of liked this one. You may as well. The price is a bit steep though.

https://superskillshot.com/products/crystal-ball-shooter-rod

#998 84 days ago
Quoted from catalina:

Saw this one while looking for something other than what they are offering for Labyrinth pins as it's not my kind of thing. Have not decided yet but it will be a bit before mine ships.

Ohh thanks for that, I’ll have to consider this. It will be a while before mine ships as well.

#999 84 days ago
Quoted from catalina:

This guy is local to me. I have a couple of his products and the location I frequent has many of his rods. The one thing you can be sure of is that they will shoot well. If you like the way a particular model looks, you don't have to worry about how it will feel playing.

#1000 83 days ago
Quoted from catalina:

I have this on mine. Quality is top notch. Only gripe is the weight/inertia. It’s a real glass sphere. They send the stiffest spring with it to compensate but it’s a bit too stiff to do well on skill shots. The original spring is not strong enough for this shooter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 2,238 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child/page/20?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.