(Topic ID: 146882)

Jurrasic Park JP blows 8 amp fuse

By CamaroBilly

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CamaroBilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I was playing my JP, Dino bent down to pick up ball raised up and stopped. Turned the game off and back on and it booted up and went to the Dino test on start up and nothing, no movement. Error message to check Dino switches. Start game and no ball in the shooter lane. can hear the kicker trying to put a ball into the lane but the ball release solenoid was not working. Flippers worked but most other solenoids dead. Turned game off and opened the back box and checked fuses. The top one of the two 8 amp slo blo fuse to the left of the PPB board above the big blue cap. was bad. Replaced it and it glowed bright orange right away and blew again. Thinking something was bad with either one of the dino motors or solenoids went bad I inspected them all, motors turned , coils were not stuck so I unplugged the three plugs under the dino that feed the motors, coils and switches put in a new fuse and it zapped right away again. I did see a post to check the wire bundle near the coil stop at the top flipper to see if anything had worn through and shorted out but all looked good there. Did a little reading on pin wiki and on here and then tested all the tip 122/102 transistors w/ my meter one end to the ground strap and one end to the transistor tab to see if any toned out. Nothing they all seem OK. I'm no novice but far from knowing exactly where to go from here.Seems to be a 34 V short somewhere. So I guess my next step is to unplug things and plug back in one at a time to try and narrow things down. I'm just not sure exactly what to unplug to narrow things down. Any help on which plugs or what direction to go now would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Billy

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

Been looking at my issue a little more.Checking w/ my meter set to diode test one leg on BR2 is shorted.I believe that's what is blowing the 8 amp fuse.Can I just replace the bridge, do they just go bad sometimes ? Or is it probable that a dead short somewhere blew the bridge and i need to track that down first ? Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Billy

#3 8 years ago

Just bumping this to see if anyone can offer some advice as to why BR2 shorted out.

Thanks
billy

#5 8 years ago

Thanks PinballManiac, that's what i was hoping to hear.
GPE is closed until the 4th of Jan.
I'll order a couple in so I have a spare and report back on the fix.
Billy

#7 8 years ago

There is an Allied not far from me. Looking at their web site looks like they have what i need.
i'll run by tomorrow, thanks again.

3 weeks later
#9 8 years ago

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I did put a new bridge rectifier in and still had the same problem w/ the fuse blowing quick. I spent some time checking everything on that circuit to try and see if there was a dead short somewhere. Couldn't find anything and left it alone for a while. Went back last night and tested the rectifier again w/ my meter and saw that I had it turned one leg when I screwed it back in the back box and had soldered it back in wrong ! Took it out and soldered it back in correctly and it fired right up. I have to remember to triple check my work when I'm doing something I haven't done before. At least now I know everything I need to know about bridge rectifiers. Thanks again PinballManiac for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sabattus, ME
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CamaroBilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurrasic-park-jp-blows-8-amp-fuse?tu=CamaroBilly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.