• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lethal_Inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am having problems with my switch matrix on this game. I verified the problem is on the CPU and not the playfield wiring by removing the wiring from connectors CN8 and CN10. I used a jumper to test individual switches and when you jump pin 8 on CN8 to any of the pins on CN10, the entire row corresponding to that pin on CN10 registers all of the switches in that row instead of just the single switch. It only does this on pin 8 on CN8. I tried replacing the Q49 transistor and no luck in fixing. Any ideas to what could be causing this and how to fix? I suppose I could buy a new Rottendog board but is pretty expensive and was hoping there is a cheaper fix that I could do myself by replacing components on the board. OR, maybe someone has a used but good working one they could sell me. Rottendog refers to this board as MPU004, I sent a message to Jim Knight at Rottendog to see if he could possibly rebuild my board too, but any immediate help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

Is there a link or thread that explains how to test capacitors? What do I check for on those components RA11, LS244, and the 6821's? Also need to mention that this problem is intermittent, I could shut the game off come back and switches work ok then part way into game it does the error.

#4 10 years ago

May be over my level of fixing. Anybody have a replacement CPU board they want to sell?

#6 10 years ago

They seem to be ok, if there was a problem there wouldn't I be blowing fuses?

#8 10 years ago

Bump, anyone have an extra original or Rottendog board they could sell?

#14 10 years ago

No, terryb is correct, when I jumper pin 8 on CN8 to any pin on CN10 it registers all the switches in that corresponding row. You were saying that it should be a pulsed 12V signal instead of staying high. What makes the voltage high instead of pulsed? If LS244 gets too hot what is causing that? I'll replace all the column transistors for starters. Thanks!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Don't waste money on a replacement board. 2n3904 transistors are like 100 for $5, TIP102's are like $25 each. Do a DC +V test on the collector on each of the switch matrix transistors. You should see a small voltage present, like +0.5v. If no voltage, replace the 2n3904. There is enough information available on the forum here and there are people willing to help you to get it working again.
Besides, if it is something like a faulty or missing diode on one of the switches, you'll get identical behavior with a replacement board.

So when I test the voltage on the collector of each transistor what lead should be on the collector and where does my other lead go to? Do I set to VDC on my DMM or??

#17 10 years ago

Wouldn't a transistor other than the one on column 8 just effect that column? I replaced Q49 which is the one on column 8, so your saying it could be any if the transistors on the send side and the return side?

#19 10 years ago

What is the LS244? Can it be replaced?

#21 10 years ago

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for the help.

#23 10 years ago

I didn't mean too if I did

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

4,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Sabattus, ME
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lethal_Inc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-cpu-boardswitch-matrix-help?tu=Lethal_Inc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.