Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Total newbie issue. Left flipper works flawlessly on my DE Playboy 35th anniversary during gameplay. When I set a new high score, there is an issue with cycling through the characters. It's almost like the contacts are bad on the flipper switch, but like I said, during normal gameplay, the flipper works flawlessly. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from bbhenry2000:

Total newbie issue. Left flipper works flawlessly on my DE Playboy 35th anniversary during gameplay. When I set a new high score, there is an issue with cycling through the characters. It's almost like the contacts are bad on the flipper switch, but like I said, during normal gameplay, the flipper works flawlessly. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

What's the issue? Does it not go left? Is it just scrolling left continually?

It's not that weird either way, there's extra circuitry involved in 'sensing' that the flipper has been flipped that's separate from the part that actually does the flipping

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What's the issue? Does it not go left? Is it just scrolling left continually?
It's not that weird either way, there's extra circuitry involved in 'sensing' that the flipper has been flipped that's separate from the part that actually does the flipping

When I hit the flipper button to change the characters, it does not register that I hit the button but once every several times. I will literally run out of countdown clock before I can change a single letter. I know it's a first world problem in the big scheme of things, but it is annoying as hell.

#4 6 years ago

There should be a second switch either on the flipper button or on the flipper mech itself for sensing the flipper. It'll have a diode on it. Make sure it's making good contact and give it a wipe with a business card or something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-entering-high-score?hl=bbhenry2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.